Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Moloch in the statehouse
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 10:35AM #1
catboxer
What did the Koch Brothers and Exxon-Mobil have to do with the murder of Trayvon Martin?

Perhaps you've never heard of ALEC -- the American Legislative Exchange Council. If that's the case, then you aren't aware of why ALEC is the most subversive and dangerous organization operating in the US today, and you need to go read Paul Krugman.
Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 10:41AM #2
loveontheair

Hello,

I don't *hate anyone and have been asked many times by my liberal friends--and they know this. But, I most certainly *do not like Krugman. Mean while Soros is quietly watching, perhaps is more dangerous than the those brothers. And yes, I have heard of this group.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 10:58AM #3
catboxer

So OK, you don't like Paul Krugman.

But can you refute the case he makes?

Do you think special corporations have the right to govern us? Because that's what's happening here.

You guys are always waving the Constitution around, but have you read it?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 11:03AM #4
loveontheair

Mar 27, 2012 -- 10:58AM, catboxer wrote:

Do you think special corporations have the right to govern us? Because that's what's happening here.

You guys are always waving the Constitution around, but have you read it?

Hello,

Cat...

I believe this country is in one big mess and has been for some time. You know I have read those Documents, as it has come up before. That's the only part of Ron Paul that I do like--namely his language with the Constitution.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 11:22AM #5
Jasr

Mar 27, 2012 -- 10:41AM, loveontheair wrote:

I most certainly *do not like Krugman.

Any particular reason why?

Mean while Soros is quietly watching, perhaps is more dangerous than the those brothers.

And yes, I have heard of this group.

Have you heard that ALEC has written hundreds of bills that have been passed into law by Republican state legislators verbatim?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 11:35AM #6
loveontheair

Mar 27, 2012 -- 11:22AM, Jasr wrote:

I most certainly *do not like Krugman.

Mean while Soros is quietly watching, perhaps is more dangerous than the those brothers.

And yes, I have heard of this group.

Have you heard that ALEC has written hundreds of bills that have been passed into law by Republican state legislators verbatim?

Hello,

Krugman make me vomit--is that good enough?

Soros is a master of Disguise.

Yes, I am aware of this group.

love

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 11:38AM #7
Unworthyone

Mar 27, 2012 -- 10:58AM, catboxer wrote:

Aren't you paying attention?  He said he doesn't like Krugman.  It is implicitly understood that if he 'doesn't like Krugman' it means he does not have to refute Krugman's argument.  That is right out of 'Forsensic Debate 101.'  It does not matter what someone says, if you don't like them, what they say is either completely false and/or irrelevent.

And BTW, and I should not have to say this ... They exact inverse is also true. [/sarcasm]

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 12:11PM #8
Jasr

Mar 27, 2012 -- 11:35AM, loveontheair wrote:

Krugman make me vomit--is that good enough?

Soros is a master of Disguise.

It's good enough to tell me that Krugman causes you cognitive dissonance, and that you believe in the bogeyman.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 12:31PM #9
catboxer

This is nothing short of a takeover of government at the state level by a monied oligarchy.

From the Krugman piece.

Many ALEC-drafted bills pursue standard conservative goals: union-busting, undermining environmental protection, tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy. ALEC seems, however, to have a special interest in privatization — that is, on turning the provision of public services, from schools to prisons, over to for-profit corporations. And some of the most prominent beneficiaries of privatization, such as the online education company K12 Inc. and the prison operator Corrections Corporation of America, are, not surprisingly, very much involved with the organization.

What this tells us, in turn, is that ALEC’s claim to stand for limited government and free markets is deeply misleading. To a large extent the organization seeks not limited government but privatized government, in which corporations get their profits from taxpayer dollars, dollars steered their way by friendly politicians. In short, ALEC isn’t so much about promoting free markets as it is about expanding crony capitalism.

This is opinion of course, but bolstered by facts.

I know. Facts are stupid things.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 12:58PM #10
mainecaptain

This is what you get, when a party (the right wing) considers ignorance a virtue. You support government take over by corporations, because the progressives and the intelligent have stated it is unconstitutional.

So we have to support anything the progressive and the liberals are against. The right wing is all about voting against their own best interest. Just to hurt the people they hate. I have come to realise the right wing is not about issues, it is about hate and revenge.

And if hurting themselves while hurting someone else, well. At least they got to hurt someone. Their (generic, right wing, conservative, republican)  prime directive, is to cause harm. At all cost.

We learn this by reading forums on this site alone. Unfortunately

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook