Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Obama, Medvedev Caught on Live Mic
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 1:04PM #1
Ironhold
link

During what was supposed to be a break from a public briefing, Obama and Medvedev were caught talking to each other next to an open microphone.

According to at least one (Russian) journalist who was there, Obama was begging Putin to leave him alone about the proposed US missile shield until after November, at which point Obama was sure he'd have a second term and so could have more lattitude to give Russia whatever promises it was wanting from the US.

Is it just me, or would any other politician be facing open accusations of cowardice by now?

If the recording is true, Obama has basically asked a fellow world leader to delay a major issue until after the elections so that Obama can get away with doing as he pleases.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 1:18PM #2
Esdraelon

Typical politics, so what?

Obama ain't going to have to worry about it as he is going to be back at community organizing  after January 2013.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 1:21PM #3
mountain_man

Mar 26, 2012 -- 1:04PM, Ironhold wrote:

...Is it just me, or would any other politician be facing open accusations of cowardice by now?...

No, it's you. This is far less wrong than Republican Saint Regan making a deal with hostage takers to keep the hostages until after the election.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 2:40PM #4
Ken

A politician was negotiating with another politician. Politicians do that, you know.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 2:46PM #5
mytmouse57

I thought all politicans told the truth, all the time. Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 2:49PM #6
mountain_man

Mar 26, 2012 -- 2:40PM, Ken wrote:

A politician was negotiating with another politician. Politicians do that, you know.

Yes, but Obama did it this time. You know they have to view anything that Obama does as wrong. He could help a little old lady across the street and they'd whine about government interference.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 2:49PM #7
mountain_man

Mar 26, 2012 -- 2:46PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

I thought all politicans told the truth, all the time.

What did Obama say that was not the truth?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 2:57PM #8
Girlchristian

This is just normal politics. The stupid part was not making sure the mic was off.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 3:31PM #9
TemplarS

Yes, it's two politicians talking.  Yes, (you'd think these people would learn by now) they should have made sure the mic was off.

But the sad thing is, on an issue of some importance, the need was felt to go under the table with this rather than openly laying out the issue with the belief that the American electorate would be capable of understanding and judging the issue intelligently.  This is as much an indictment of the American electorate as it is of Obama. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 3:32PM #10
jane2

Mar 26, 2012 -- 2:49PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 26, 2012 -- 2:40PM, Ken wrote:

Yes, but Obama did it this time. You know they have to view anything that Obama does as wrong. He could help a little old lady across the street and they'd whine about government interference.

Love this one, MM.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook