Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Obama, Medvedev Caught on Live Mic
2 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 3:46PM #11
Esdraelon

Mar 26, 2012 -- 3:32PM, jane2 wrote:

Mar 26, 2012 -- 2:49PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 26, 2012 -- 2:40PM, Ken wrote:

A politician was negotiating with another politician. Politicians do that, you know.

Yes, but Obama did it this time. You know they have to view anything that Obama does as wrong. He could help a little old lady across the street and they'd whine about government interference.

Love this one, MM.

jane, Please stop sinking to that level......i understand who it's coming from, but not you...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 4:10PM #12
jane2

Mar 26, 2012 -- 3:46PM, Esdraelon wrote:

Mar 26, 2012 -- 3:32PM, jane2 wrote:

A politician was negotiating with another politician. Politicians do that, you know.

Yes, but Obama did it this time. You know they have to view anything that Obama does as wrong. He could help a little old lady across the street and they'd whine about government interference.

Love this one, MM.

jane, Please stop sinking to that level......i understand who it's coming from, but not you...

I thought it was clever and also funny. And I have no problem with Obama's comment.

In truth I cut my teeth on politicis; we lived in Albany, NY, capital of the Empire State, home of the governor and the state legislature. As a college student I was a feature writer for our newspaper and interviewed state senators on topics of interest. I love the state legislature building high above the Hudson River--Hudson River Gothic architecture, unique and appropriate.

I've made it a point to learn about Obama's international doings and those of Hilary and Joe Biden. They have done well in my estimation, and have done it with quiet diplomacy. That's quite a team.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 11:59PM #13
Ebon

Mar 26, 2012 -- 2:57PM, Girlchristian wrote:

This is just normal politics. The stupid part was not making sure the mic was off.

Mar 26, 2012 -- 3:31PM, TemplarS wrote:

Yes, it's two politicians talking.  Yes, (you'd think these people would learn by now) they should have made sure the mic was off.

Happens to every politician at least once. Remember Poppy Bush describing a member of the press as a "major league asshole"? Or Reagan saying "my fellow Americans, I have signed legislation outlawing Russia. Bombing begins in twenty minutes" (which I actually thought was funny in a black humour sort of way)?

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 8:17AM #14
BDboy

>>>>>>>> There are SOME people who simply cannot stand Obama. Even after he delivered OBL and made many positive changes in world politics, he will be blamed for everything.

Specifically the debt issue sometime makes me laugh. It was the republicans who spent most government money in unneccessary wars. It was Clinton who not left the country with budget surplus.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 9:22PM #15
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook