Page 54 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 76 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Unarmed Teen Shot By Neighborhood Watch Who Claims Self-Defense
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 7:44PM #531
TPaine

Mar 26, 2012 -- 10:07AM, Marcion wrote:

Thjere was a good letter to the editor today in the WP contrasting Florida Neighbor Watch and that of Fairfax County Virginia,

In Fairfax County.

Members of NW receive training by the police.

They travel in pairs in cars.

No arms are permitted even if they have a concealed carry permit.

They report any suspicious activity via 911

Under no circumstances are they to leave the vehicle and confront the suspect.

Perhaps if Zimmerman had a partner this incident never would have happened.

My only disagreement with this is that the differences in Neighborhood Watches have nothing to do with what state they are in. There are registered and unregistered NWes. The one in Fairfax County, VA is registered with USAonWatch.org which is affiliated with the National Sheriffs' Association and the Bureau of Justice Assistance, U.S. Department of Justice. Those groups have training and guidelines as you mention. Unregistered NWes are just groups of neighbors who get together for that purpose. There are registered NWes in Florida and all other states. Link

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 10:43PM #532
loveontheair

Mar 25, 2012 -- 11:04AM, REteach wrote:

Looking back on it this guy was pretty much on track to shoot someone, and that someone did not need to be black. I am thinking it is probably a coincidence that he was.

I would add: neighborhood watchers should not be carrying guns, although he was licenced to carry one, he was told not to follow, self defense is very questionably and Reverend Sharpton is a carrion  feeder, who reduces everything to race. Race is probably the least of the issues involved.

People who whisper "fucking coons" under their breath probably are not out to shoot whites.

BTW, to reiterate, I was incorrect when I said the dispatcher didn't ask if the suspicious person was white.  I listened again at Stardove's request and the dispatcher DID ask white, black or hispanic. 

Hello,

I have now listened to this 15x and I did not hear this remark. Maybe you see a *Washington in a french fry too?

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 2:28PM #533
REteach

Mar 26, 2012 -- 10:43PM, loveontheair wrote:

I have now listened to this 15x and I did not hear this remark. Maybe you see a *Washington in a french fry too?

love

I'm sure you will not if you stick your fingers in your ears and say "nanananana".  I heard it the first time and I didn't even know where to listen for it. CNN ran the words over and over.  They heard it too. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 2:49PM #534
rabello

Zimmerman's friend who has come out of the woodwork to say that yes, indeed, the armed Zimmerman was in a life-or-death struggle with the unarmed Martin-in-a-hoodie, said "Goon," not "Coon" and that "Goon" is a term of "endearment" among Florida high school students.  The friend went on to say that he, now, has to fear for his own life because he chose to come out of the woodwork to give his defense of his friend Zimmerman.   He was interviewed on both CNN and MSNBC last night.   He didn't have anything to say about Zimmerman profiling Martin based on his looks, though.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 3:32PM #535
loveontheair

Mar 27, 2012 -- 2:28PM, REteach wrote:

Mar 26, 2012 -- 10:43PM, loveontheair wrote:

love

I'm sure you will not if you stick your fingers in your ears and say "nanananana".  I heard it the first time and I didn't even know where to listen for it. CNN ran the words over and over.  They heard it too. 

Hello,

So sorry but I do not watch CNN or any other entertainment News Organization. My local News is just fine. Here's what I heard...nijermv5egujasdfg  nsdcu949rj/asdfg  asdfgurfmnksdcu.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 7:00PM #536
teilhard

George "Stalker" Zimmerman has a Criminal Record --

(1) Battery of a Police Officer ...

(2) Domestic Abuse ...

...huh ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2012 - 7:11PM #537
Esdraelon

FINALLY....a RECENT photo.......

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504... is cleaning up after the American media again.....

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 10:47AM #538
TPaine

Mar 27, 2012 -- 2:49PM, rabello wrote:

Zimmerman's friend who has come out of the woodwork to say that yes, indeed, the armed Zimmerman was in a life-or-death struggle with the unarmed Martin-in-a-hoodie, said "Goon," not "Coon" and that "Goon" is a term of "endearment" among Florida high school students.  The friend went on to say that he, now, has to fear for his own life because he chose to come out of the woodwork to give his defense of his friend Zimmerman.   He was interviewed on both CNN and MSNBC last night.   He didn't have anything to say about Zimmerman profiling Martin based on his looks, though.

Did you happen to see Lawrence O'Donnell's interview of Joe Oliver last night on The Last Word. Any credibility Oliver might have had was blown out the window during that interview. Link

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 10:58AM #539
loveontheair

Hello,

Many know I advocate not watching the News organizations for variety of reasons. And I do not except in rare circumstances. Mostly through my local News and newspaper--and of course here on Bnet. I did see the interview last night that TPaine posted. However, I was at a friend's house who was watching this. I was appalled by the Black man wanting to argue, going on and on and on, whatever his name was. Just confirms to me why I don't watch these sick shows and that includes Fox.

love

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 2:22PM #540
mainecaptain

Mar 28, 2012 -- 10:47AM, TPaine wrote:

Mar 27, 2012 -- 2:49PM, rabello wrote:

Did you happen to see Lawrence O'Donnell's interview of Joe Oliver last night on The Last Word. Any credibility Oliver might have had was blown out the window during that interview. Link

You are right, his credibility is non existent. It sounds to me, he is doing this to get his own 15 minutes of fame.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 54 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 76 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook