Page 71 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 76 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Unarmed Teen Shot By Neighborhood Watch Who Claims Self-Defense
2 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 1:18PM #701
REteach

Who all has listened to the enhanced tape? What is your personal view?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 1:22PM #702
Cesmom

I have listened to the enhanced tape.  I've listened to it over and over trying to form an opinion.  I have to say that I honestly couldn't say one way or the other if he is saying 'coon' or 'punk' or even another unknown word.  

The claim that Zimmerman called Martin a "coon" is a big part of what made this appear to be a racist crime.  I will acknowlege, as I have before, that the motive may not have been racism.  Regardless, it doesn't make it any less of a crime.  There are parts of this case that are certainly open to interpretation, but there are also facts that can't be ignored.

1 - Martin was not doing anything illegal

2 - Zimmerman followed Martin with a gun

3 - Zimmerman ended up shooting Martin after following him with a gun

IMO, all of the unknown or subjective details in the world won't change those facts or Zimmerman's guilt.

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 1:30PM #703
mainecaptain

I agree with your 3 points Cesmom. Too many people seem to be taking the perspective of the shooter, which is bizarre, are there that many stalkers out there?

I wish people would stop and think. Trayvon could have been any of us. Could have been any one  of our children. Yes, I think him being black was a big factor. Probably the largest factor.

But in the dark and rain with a hoodie, we are all black. This really could have been any of us,  that walk to a store, and shield ourselves from the rain.

Trayvon probably thought he was about to be robbed. He was not so lucky. And according to, too many in the public, he did not have a right to stand his ground, against a man with a gun.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 2:02PM #704
rabello

Apr 6, 2012 -- 1:18PM, REteach wrote:

Doesn't sound like "punk" to me.   Doesn't sound like "goon" either, to me.  The first half sounds like "coo" the second half sounds like "unk" -- "coo-unk"

His trash-talking in a supposedly "professional" call doesn't speak well for his credibility, neither does his stereotyping of Martin, based on race, in his inaccurate accusations...."hands in his pants", etc.   

Supposedly, the FBI is evaluating all his previous calls to 9-1-1 to see if there's a pattern that would indicate racial profiling.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 9:43AM #705
Marcion

This what Sharptonmania leads to. Hope you all are happy with the results of your irrational  hysteria.

www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2012/04/...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 10:08AM #706
teilhard

What did "Zimmerman-ia" lead to ... ???  -- a Kid shot DEAD while "Walking Black," going Home from the Store with a Bag of "Skittles" ... (well, but ... he WAS "wearing a 'Hoodie,'" which FACT apparently classified him as a "Hood-lum") ....

Apr 7, 2012 -- 9:43AM, Marcion wrote:

This what Sharptonmania leads to. Hope you all are happy with the results of your irrational  hysteria.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 11:02AM #707
Ebon

From the top of that article:

EDITOR'S NOTE: In a follow-up story published April 7, police say the robbery and assault of a 78-year-old Toledo man by six juveniles were not racially motivated and his account of what happened might have been exaggerated.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 11:31AM #708
teilhard

Yup ... However, the DEATH of that KID isn't "exaggerated," is it ... ???  As far as I'm aware, he is as DEAD as DEAD can be ...

Right ... ???

Apr 7, 2012 -- 11:02AM, Ebon wrote:

From the top of that article:

EDITOR'S NOTE: In a follow-up story published April 7, police say the robbery and assault of a 78-year-old Toledo man by six juveniles were not racially motivated and his account of what happened might have been exaggerated.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 3:06PM #709
rabello

Meanwhile....a white guy is driving around shooting African Americans in Tulsa Oklahoma.   So far three were killed within a span of just 7 hours.    He stops them to ask for directions, then shoots them dead. 

Wonder what rightwing media has to say about that?  For that matter, what do they say about the fact the Emmett Till's murderers got off scott free after the terrible thing they did?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 3:56PM #710
Stardove

Apr 6, 2012 -- 1:18PM, REteach wrote:

I don't believe we can be sure of anything.  Without enhancements I hear the F-ing racial slur.

After listening to the enhancements on one video those listening said "cold" while the other said "punks" were heard. 

It was 63 degrees F when Trayvon was killed.  911 call was place around 7:00 PM.

That is certainly not "F-ing cold" to me.  The high that "day" was 69 degrees F

www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KSF...

Zimmerman had a wind breaker on, not a coat.  When it is cold I wear a coat.  Or course, that is just me.

We might ask, what "A-holes always get away"?

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 71 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 76 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook