Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View If this were your child, what would you do or want police to do to the perp?
3 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2012 - 6:28PM #31
Luvjust4U

Mar 19, 2012 -- 12:31PM, Erey wrote:

I don't mean to paint all law/peace enforcement with a broad brush but there is a real danger with a certain element attracted to law enforcment service that is very trigger happy. With this certain subgroup they crave some kind of altercations, truly.  Some of these people are so unballanced that they practicaly create the altercation so that they can respond in full hero glory.

I have an ex brother in law that became a kind of county peace officer and although I have not heard of him killing anyone he did take tremendous satisfaction in pulling people over.  There was nothing more thrilling or self affirming to him. He would have joined the actuall police force if he would have qualified.

I simply can't imagine what the family is going through in this case.  I can't imagine how they will ever reconcile this situation.  It is painful to think about. 

Greetings Erey, thanks for saying this. It is an unfortunate reality. The sad thing about it is they kill and have no guilt or conscience conviction they just murdered an innocent American, US Citizen. People think foreign terrorist are bad, there remains that element in America that craves a reason to spill blood of those labeled racially as Blacks. Such use these kinds of situations to fuel race hatred and tension in hopes one more idiot snaps and kills innocent people. Politicians should be active in standing up against these kinds of evils so Americans of all ethnic groups can feel the United States of America is a safe place for all Americans.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 11:44PM #32
Luvjust4U

Mar 19, 2012 -- 8:52PM, Bodean wrote:

Mar 19, 2012 -- 1:31PM, nnsecu wrote:

While this will be used as a case illustrating the racial tension in America, ....

Nope .. Zimmerman is Hispanic.  Minorities are incapable of racism.  Just ask them, they'll tell you, that since they have been victims of racism themselves, they can't be racists ... only lilly white, anglo-saxon, protestants are capable of such.

Thanks for your reply. I want to answer this before I completely forget about it. Most people fail to realize racism is built on the foundation of the deluded and deadly ideology and ignorance of white racial supremacy. So, it is possible for a non white person to be a racist by proxy to other so called minorities if they believe the nonsense their white features or closeness to something white makes thme better than a supposed pure black person( none really exist in the world for centuries). This is why you can see some Spanish network channels and Indians movies where darker brown skinned people are NOT in main roles or depicted in a positive light. Check out some Hispanic magazines and see just how many Afro Hispanics are pictured as models etc., inspite of coming from countries where there is a predominant African influence. Why?

Because they mental and socially buy into the idea that Africans are inferior to light skinned or white people. Another example can be found in studying Rwanda how the Tutsi were duped into being white supremacist racists by proxy towards Hutus because Tutsi had smaller nose and lip sizes than the Hutu as well as lighter skin colors. As stupid as it is for people of the same ethnic group to have prejudices against their own people, it happens when people buy into the madness that skin color or some other feature that looks"white" is the external sign of racial superiority. So, it is not at all impossible for a person like Zimmerman to be as deceived and deluded as a white supremacist and act as if he is white. A good movie to show that even some young so called blacks gang members are mentally and socially white supremacists by proxy is Tales from the Hood. It depicts how people can be racist by proxy without having a clue they are carrying out the masterplans of white supremacists.

Mar 19, 2012 -- 8:52PM, Bodean wrote:

On a more serious note .. I feel real sad for this poor kid.  I don't know what happened, so I won't speculate, but this Zimmerman guy should be put away.  Self Defense, IMO, is when someone pursues you, and is the attacker.  Zimmerman pursued the kid.  So even if their were an altercation, Zimmerman initiated the conflict.

We are in total agreement on this. It is good to see Americans who have intelligence driven by common sense and fundamental principles of fairness. It is disgusting to hear people in the media saying two families suffered when Zimmerman should never have had a gun with a domestic violence charge and a charge for assaulting a pollice officer. There is no way in America any person with a felony would have had charges dropped for doing what he did to a police officer. We have to ask," it this just another way for white supremacist to stir racial hatred ?" Is it their goal to continue their historical plots to keep Americans divided on so called racial lines instead of Americans uniting on the basic truth we are Americans and will eventually need to unite or be divided and conquered? Wake up Americans.

This man Zimmerman is a murderer of an unarmed American teenager who had a future which could have been in the military or doing something good in service to this country, killed by an adult who received a second chance for bad choices. If someone was following us in plain clothes, we would have a right to stand our ground even they too would have been scared or even angry. If their grandson was murdered in this manner they would be just as upset and sad, crying for justice. Where is the empathy we teach children to have? And we wonder why children do not care about what adults say.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 8:21AM #33
Cesmom

youtu.be/TBRwiuJ8K7w

I'm adding this Moderator's note since the author didn't make a comment and I didn't want to just remove this post...This is an interesting and provocative video made by a young woman, a teenager I think, who is talking about the Martin case. It's worth watching.

Please remember that some comment is required with any posted link.

Rangerken

Moderated by rangerken on Apr 11, 2012 - 12:59AM
Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 10:01AM #34
Cesmom

Apr 6, 2012 -- 8:21AM, Cesmom wrote:

youtu.be/TBRwiuJ8K7w

I'm adding this Moderator's note since the author didn't make a comment and I didn't want to just remove this post...This is an interesting and provocative video made by a young woman, a teenager I think, who is talking about the Martin case. It's worth watching.

Rangerken

Oops...thanks for leaving it on...meant to get back to comment when I had time.  I find the video interesting and provocative as well....offers a different point of view.

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 1:18PM #35
REteach

Her video reminds me why we should routinely compare ourselves to Nazis. It is so easy to buy into a worldview of other as other.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 5:52PM #36
voice-crying

Apr 11, 2012 -- 10:01AM, Cesmom wrote:

Apr 6, 2012 -- 8:21AM, Cesmom wrote:

youtu.be/TBRwiuJ8K7w

Rangerken

Oops...thanks for leaving it on...meant to get back to comment when I had time.  I find the video interesting and provocative as well....offers a different point of view.

WOW!!!

Thank you Cesmom and Rangerken!!!

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook