Page 15 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2012 - 8:13PM #141
REteach

Rabello knows what he is talking about and is giving good explanations (so, of course, the conservatives will not listen.)  Laughing

BTW, I do the follow up care on patients who return to the genetics clinic.  I order medications and make referrals as needed.  I present at genetics journal club and this morning I attended genetics chromosome conference. I am on the advisory board of one of the regional genetics consortiums. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2012 - 8:38PM #142
rabello

Thanks, REteach!  I did notice the dig aimed at you regarding your "credentials" earlier.  Your explanations are spot-on.  It is telling that no attempt was ever made to answer any of the informative questions you posed.

It is a curious phenomenon that the racialization theory of genetic diversity within human populatons was based, of all things, on skin color: "Caucasian" for White, "Negro" for Black, "Asian" (previously "Mongoloid", then "Oriental") for Yellow, "American Indian" for Red, and "Malayan" for Brown. 

Getting back to that so-called "sickle cell gene", what's funny is that those of Mediterranean ancestry who DON'T carry the sickle cell allele, have EXACTLY the same gene for hemoglobin as Whites in England and Yellows in China.  If anything, that shows genetic variation within groups, not between goups.  Same is true for all the other genetic diseases that are caused by alleles of human genes, as you know! 

Done here!  Sorry again, to fodaoson.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 15 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook