Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Switch to Forum Live View Why Was He Even in Afghanistan?
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 10:12PM #71
Mlyons619

Mar 20, 2012 -- 10:02PM, arabianwitch wrote:

It was one man, SSG Bales. That's based on everything I know about this, which is actually a lot. I apologize for being absolutely unwilling to divulge my sources. I like my career.

Aisha

I simply go with the fact that the ONLY source of this "twenty-man massacre" thing is the unsworn statements of unnamed Afghans to a Pakistani reporter.  The sory was not really properly vetted.  So no need to risk career. 

In any event only those who WANT to believe that this was an organized massacre will disregard any evidence to the contrary.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 10:17PM #72
Fodaoson

My concern for the soldier   would be his “traumatic brain injury” no matter how “mild”.   PTSD is not limited to soldiers and can in the vast majority of cases be dealt with and  does not interfere in the normal functions  and thought  processes.

Not being a brain surgeon, neurosurgeon, or some kind of Medical  doctor, I  do not know how the works but I have known some individuals who had brain injuries and it had an influence on their behavior .    

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 10:24PM #73
Mlyons619

I have taught kids with TBI.  Pychological symptoms associated with TBI include impulsivity, hyperactivity, short term memory loss, difficulty controlling their temper, or lapses in judgement, among others. 

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook