Switch to Forum Live View CousCous From Jerusalem to Beirut
3 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2012 - 5:46PM #1
KindredSai
www.haaretz.com/blogs/modern-manna/from-...

From Jerusalem to Beirut: The perfect Lebanese couscous

As I understand there is Israeli cous cous, Lebanese cous cous and even Palestinian cous cous. There a small differences such as size and regional dishes but they are generally the same.

I think Middle Eastern people need to take heed from their food, though there are Israelis, Palestinians and Lebanese, just as it's all just cous cous, we forget that we're all just the same but with small differences.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2012 - 8:04PM #2
Bezant

LOL. Good stuff.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2012 - 8:43PM #3
rocketjsquirell

KS

Cous Cous like all other dishes in the Middle East changes from country to country. There are similar foods prepared and served from Greece to Morrocco and each country makes whatever it is the best. Just ask.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 9:25AM #4
browbeaten

Mar 15, 2012 -- 8:43PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

KS

Cous Cous like all other dishes in the Middle East changes from country to country. There are similar foods prepared and served from Greece to Morrocco and each country makes whatever it is the best. Just ask.

Moroccan cous cous is definitely the best.  Less of a "pasta" taste.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 9:30AM #5
rocketjsquirell

I think it depends on the dish with which you are serving the couscous. I like it all and unfortunately it shows. Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 2:38PM #6
KindredSai

Mar 16, 2012 -- 9:25AM, browbeaten wrote:

Mar 15, 2012 -- 8:43PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

KS

Moroccan cous cous is definitely the best.  Less of a "pasta" taste.

I will not dispute with you here. Moroccan cuisine is famously distinctive and tasty, I haven't tried a chicken tagine but will do in the future.

Quick Reply
Cancel
13 months ago  ::  Oct 02, 2013 - 7:38AM #7
river8101

I like cous cous.  My son's baby nurse was from India, and she made it for me.  I got the box and made it myself quite frequently.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook