Page 4 of 25  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Global Warming, Are you a Believer
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2012 - 10:18AM #31
catboxer

Your opinion about contraception is just that.  There's no medical need for contraception

So are you saying that if women have 12 or 13 kids apiece, and keep pushin em out until they wear out and die, that's no medical problem?

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2012 - 10:37AM #32
Erey

contraception is important for modern society as it exists today. Reduce or take away contraception you are going to radicaly change society and I can't imagine it would be a positive change.  I am pro-contraception.

I think women should have access to contraception and women in our society in fact by and large do have plenty of access to contraception.  I also think women should have access to food and water and women do have that.  I just don't think the taxpayers should have to pay for everyone's food, water and birthcontrol.  I think we should expect people to cover that for themselves. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2012 - 11:12AM #33
Bodean

Mar 13, 2012 -- 10:37AM, Erey wrote:

contraception is important for modern society as it exists today. Reduce or take away contraception you are going to radicaly change society and I can't imagine it would be a positive change.  I am pro-contraception.

I think women should have access to contraception and women in our society in fact by and large do have plenty of access to contraception.  I also think women should have access to food and water and women do have that.  I just don't think the taxpayers should have to pay for everyone's food, water and birthcontrol.  I think we should expect people to cover that for themselves. 

Absolutely .. and I agree with you wholeheartedly .. My "opinion" is consistent with your "opinion".

Back to the topic at hand.

I don't believe our Tax Dollars should be going to a little "group" who engage in "groupthink" with regards to Climate Research.  We all already know what these guys think .. they write it up every 4 years in another Tax Funded publication called the IPCC Climate Document.

It seems all that tax funded research is going to "defend" a politically motivated position on Climate.  Don't know how many of you have actually read a Journal Article .. ya know the "original", and looked at the "data" vs the "conclusions" section, but in a good number of the instances, the conclusions don't agree with the Data.  In fact, half the time, the data don't have anything to do with Global Warming .. but authors will tag it on their anyway.

It's also rather redundant to hear the same ol strawman arguments put up by "leftists".  For example .. "it's scientifically proven that the Globe has warmed in the last 100 years".  That'd be a real nice tag line if anybody disagreed with it.  But alas, no one disagrees with it.

And then, the Leftists, predictably, will always parade out another strawman ... "skeptics don't do real science".  REALLY?? .. I mean .. REALLY??  You mean those publications in peer reviewed journals are not real science.  The same journals that the AGW crowd publish in ... and the same journals who the AGW crowd was caught in emails as trying to prevent dessenting opinions from being published??  Really??

Erey .. you hit this on the nail back some time ago.  I've said it for years.  Anthropogenic Global Warming is not a scienific issue .. it is purely a political issue!!  It was created to sway political policy.  The lies and deception, and the groupthink that is associated with it is nowhere near the realm of science .. it is pure political.  It is ...

.. a means for leftists to gain control over policy making.  I mean .. I just don't know how much more political you can get with an issue.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2012 - 11:31AM #34
catboxer

Reality is not politically motivated.

The need to deal with a planetary meltdown is no more politically motivated than the need to deal with Fukushima was.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2012 - 11:32AM #35
amcolph

Mar 13, 2012 -- 11:12AM, Bodean wrote:

Erey .. you hit this on the nail back some time ago.  I've said it for years.  Anthropogenic Global Warming is not a scienific issue .. it is purely a political issue!!  It was created to sway political policy.  The lies and deception, and the groupthink that is associated with it is nowhere near the realm of science .. it is pure political.  It is ...

.. a means for leftists to gain control over policy making.  I mean .. I just don't know how much more political you can get with an issue.

Not quite...

It is battle between leftists and rightists over power and neither side gives a damn about what is really happening to the environment.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2012 - 12:19PM #36
ted08721

I don't think ether major party really cares about the enviorment after all they are both controlled by corporations who would suck the very life out of our planet for the bottomline.
It is another reason I will be voting for the Green Party

Also not only the atmoshere that is in deep trouple but also our deep blue oceans

www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=107042

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2012 - 12:51PM #37
drawout

Bottom line is that the scientific community has concluded that global warming is man made and real. Sure its possible that the theory could be overturned in the future like any other reigning theory in any science but for now the respectable mainstream establishment considers it a fact. There's actually a board for these debates about the environment and another for the conspiracies by leftists to enslave us and such theories used to cast suspicions about the motives of the evil ones behind it and yada yada yada...

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2012 - 4:51PM #38
Marcion

Global Warming is a product of pathological science e.g.  not enough verification either way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2012 - 6:40PM #39
Bodean

Mar 13, 2012 -- 12:51PM, drawout wrote:

Bottom line is that the scientific community has concluded that global warming is man made and real. Sure its possible that the theory could be overturned in the future like any other reigning theory in any science but for now the respectable mainstream establishment considers it a fact. There's actually a board for these debates about the environment and another for the conspiracies by leftists to enslave us and such theories used to cast suspicions about the motives of the evil ones behind it and yada yada yada...

In other words ... let's not allow dessenting opinions be heard in the mainstream.  Just accept what we say, and pass into law what we advocate.

Drawout ..your post reeks of the same unethical behavior as was apparent in the Climategate emails on the part of the so called "scientists" who you consider mainstream. ... ie., wisp thing off to a different planet so noone can discuss it.

WELL .. like it or not, Legislation and Executive Orders associated with and based on perspectives of "global warming" .. aka "climate change" .. aka " climate disruption" are not going to go away.  They deserve to be discussed ... as much as a 100 post long thread on whether or not O.C.s used for contraception is really "women's health"

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2012 - 7:11PM #40
drawout

I dont consider sending a topic to another board to be supressing dissent. We just have rules that I have to enforce.  I'm no tyrant and not a part of some evil conspiracy to suppress the truth,(except about the shape shifters among us,I am helping to cover that up). All any fair minded person would have to do is look the subject up and every respectable scientifc organization says its proven and not a hoax. Thats what I did and thats what I found. I know its a given on every Conservative site and propaganda outlet acts like it has been proven to be a hoax. Thats just brainwashing through repitition. Now discussing the actions of the political parties or promises of some politician that disseminates this propaganda or tries to fight it and why could save this thread. Showing who benifits from this or that policy often saves these threads from being sent to somewhere else.

USNP co host mode

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 25  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook