Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Fearmongering about guns
2 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 12:30PM #1
Marcion

The increase in sales of guns has nothing to do with fear of Obama being reelected.
The largest rise in gun enthusiasts is among women and teeen age boys. The increase in women buyers has led some manufacturers to develop a line of pink AR15s and shooting accessories. The Ruger LCP is being purchased  by the millions by women.

I see more and more young boys on the NRA ranges incluging many scout troops. Of course thes are all gun nuts according  to the liberals.

www.star-telegram.com/2012/03/03/3781758...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 12:35PM #2
mountain_man

Mar 6, 2012 -- 12:30PM, Marcion wrote:

The increase in sales of guns has nothing to do with fear of Obama being reelected....

No, it really has to do with the fear mongering of the Regressives. They love to lie about Obama, and others, trying to take their guns away.

Of course thes are all gun nuts to the liberals...

No, just the ones that make such ridiculous claims about us, like the one you just made, are the gun nuts. That all Liberals see all gun owners as "gun nuts" is part of the fear mongering that the real gun nuts thrive on.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 1:25PM #3
costrel

I see more and more young boys on the NRA ranges incluging many scout troops. Of course thes are all gun nuts according  to the liberals. 

I can't speak for other liberals, but I know how to shoot a gun (shotguns, rifles, and pistols). And yes, I learned how to shoot when I was a boy. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 2:08PM #4
farragut

An article today in the Oldham Observer discusses the rapid growth in concealed carry permits in the county.  The Sheriff applauded the development saying, "Why should the bad guys have guns while the good guys don't?"

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 2:12PM #5
BDboy

Mar 6, 2012 -- 2:08PM, farragut wrote:

An article today in the Oldham Observer discusses the rapid growth in concealed carry permits in the county.  The Sheriff applauded the development saying, "Why should the bad guys have guns while the good guys don't?"

>>>>>>> It is a good "Textbook" point to make.

However in "Real life" good guys can lose their cool easily and become "Bad guys". When you are angry or anxious having guns with you is not helpful.

I know a lot of people enjoy hunting and shooting etc. But carrying a gun all the time? Not the best idea.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 3:18PM #6
Ebon

The opinion of liberals about gun control is hardly monolithic.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 3:20PM #7
vra

If the proliferation of guns supposedly is making us a "friendlier" country here in the States, then why is it that Canada has 1/4 the homicide rate of the States and the western European average is even less? 

Secondly, a "bad guy" with a handgun has a strategic advantage over a "good guy" with a handgun since the "bad guy" can use his gun when the "good guy" is least suspecting it.  And the "good guy" cannot do the same back because he is the "good guy".

In some more rural and less populated areas, I can see the need for rifles/shotguns for protection as well as hunting, but I do feel that handguns should be allowed only on a very limited basis.  Also, why do we see semi-automatic military-type guns being allowed here period?  It's sort of ridiculous to shoot Bambi with an AK47.

All of the above is why I feel much safer in Canada than here in the States.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 3:40PM #8
solfeggio

Very good post, vra.  And you're not the only one who feels safer living in a country other than the States.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 3:45PM #9
Erey

Women are fine.

Just I don't personally think teenage boys need their own guns.  Granted teenage boys really DO WANT guns.  My son has always wanted a gun.  We have an old pellet gun that no longer works and he handles  that and sometimes he comanderes it.   I think it is fine to take a teenager to the range or hunting but I sort of feel like the parent should own the gun until the teenager becomes an adult. 

Some friends of mine bought a large hunting gun for their son he is about 14 years old.  It is just not anything I might do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2012 - 9:25AM #10
Marcion

Mar 6, 2012 -- 3:45PM, Erey wrote:

Women are fine.

Just I don't personally think teenage boys need their own guns.  Granted teenage boys really DO WANT guns.  My son has always wanted a gun.  We have an old pellet gun that no longer works and he handles  that and sometimes he comanderes it.   I think it is fine to take a teenager to the range or hunting but I sort of feel like the parent should own the gun until the teenager becomes an adult. 

Some friends of mine bought a large hunting gun for their son he is about 14 years old.  It is just not anything I might do.

I don't believe young boys are buying guns most get their guns from adults. Interest in shooting is another matter. This wekend my grandson scored 48 out of 50 shooting trap. Not bad for a 15 year old.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook