Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Congratulations Mr. Putin
3 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 6:22AM #1
Dostojevsky
He hoped and he won. 64% clear majority not many Politicians can claim.
There was no pink revolution, orange revolution..

Russia is stable unlike Yeltsin years and dark history of previous years.
Russian Christian Orthodoxy is strong seeing that only few years ago they went through Communism where religion/spirituality had no place. There's something feelingful about  their expression - Mother Russia.

Some 200.000 web cameras had been installed at polling stations all over the country to make Russia's elections fair and transparent. Furthermore, 700 international observers oversaw the voting process, and more than one million registered web users monitored the elections online.

I've never seen cameras at polling stations, but with all the international interest in Russia, they must have thought it was a good idea.

Peace to Russia and its neighbors, and while at it good luck to Iran. It needs it.
Any colored revolution would be better than war.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 3:44AM #2
CharikIeia

These cameras recorded some idiotically flagrant fraud, and the elections were rigged despite Putin's huge margin. It seems that the people who did that were just more stupid than anyone could imagine. As Putin, I'd not have tears in my eyes, but be ashamed of such moronic and anti-democratic followers. Instead, he lets the girl punkers of Pussy Riot be imprisoned - what a wimp! And what a start of his new presidency... well, good luck, Mr. democratic-leader-in-training. Hope you don't let Russian society fall behind the social progress they made in the Medwedjew years.

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 6:22AM #3
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I saw some coverage of protests. And I understand that corruption is a problem there. But is anything getting better for them?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 9:31AM #4
CharikIeia

Mar 8, 2012 -- 6:22AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

I saw some coverage of protests. And I understand that corruption is a problem there. But is anything getting better for them?

Over recent years, the society has matured, has developed a healthy self-esteem. There is a comparatively large middle class in the cities now that is disenfranchised from taking responsibilities and power by the Putin party cronies; they are the ones who protest. It's a very healthy protest of the most valuable part of society, I think. Very bottom-up, very democratic.

My colleagues from St Petersburg tell me that the idea of another 12 years of Putin comes across as a perspective of another 12 years of stagnation & corruption. But the peasants in Siberia and the more rural regions of Russia are supporting Putin, because he stands for stability and a defiant national pride. Yeah, stability is the friendly face of stagnation... I left Germany because of such "stability" under chancellor Kohl's 16-year reign. It's suffocating!

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 2:31AM #5
Dostojevsky

At least they were free to protest unlike their years under Communism which is not that long ago.  Like anywhere else violence spoils it for everybody. Don't know about others but I only saw what was presented to us here. And it wasn't much. I would not call it fair reporting. It appears some voices get more air time than others.

Unfortunately some in the west are waiting for Russia to fall apart as it almost did in Yeltsin years. This is mot unfortunate and you have to ask why.

Most agree without Putin the country would be another Greece or mostly owned by international interests. I can only imagine how the proud people of Greece feel today. He is people's man. Let him shed few tears. To feel that most of your countrymen want you back would be a big moment for any elected leader.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 11:25PM #6
teilhard

It's like The Old Soviet Joke ...

"There is BAD News and GOOD News from last Week's Election ...

The BAD News is that your Opponent got 62% of The Vote ... The GOOD News is that YOU got 63% ... !!!"

************************* !!! ktttssscchh !!! ***********************

************************ (Cymbal Crash) **********************

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2012 - 5:56AM #7
Dostojevsky

Teilhard,

Double Dutch to me;)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2012 - 4:55PM #8
arielg

Yeah, stability is the friendly face of stagnation... I left Germany because of such "stability" under chancellor Kohl's 16-year reign. It's suffocating!  Chari

I guess you think Syria is going though a very progressive period.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2012 - 5:09PM #9
teilhard

"Stuff Happening" isn't "Progress" ... ???

Mar 18, 2012 -- 4:55PM, arielg wrote:

Yeah, stability is the friendly face of stagnation... I left Germany because of such "stability" under chancellor Kohl's 16-year reign. It's suffocating!  Chari

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2012 - 5:21PM #10
CharikIeia

Mar 18, 2012 -- 4:55PM, arielg wrote:

Please address the topic, which is Mr. Putin's election for a third presidential term, after the short interregnum of Mr. Medwedjew, his deputy.

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook