Page 17 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Rush Limbaugh Calls Student Denied Spot At Contraception Hearing A ‘Slut’
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 1:53PM #161
TPaine

Mar 8, 2012 -- 12:28PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Mar 8, 2012 -- 4:03AM, karbie wrote:

It's a relief to know that so far Rush hasn't become a parent. What I can't understand is why anyone would marry him. He's so infatuated with himself that he could never love anyone else as much.

Perhaps he should marry Ann Coulter. they have a similar grasp of reality.

I would love to see that. (bolding mine)

Are you sure about that?

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 2:51PM #162
mainecaptain

Mar 8, 2012 -- 1:53PM, TPaine wrote:

It's a relief to know that so far Rush hasn't become a parent. What I can't understand is why anyone would marry him. He's so infatuated with himself that he could never love anyone else as much.

Are you sure about that?

oooo..... maybe not eeewwww

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 3:36PM #163
Girlchristian

Mar 8, 2012 -- 1:32PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

I have heard that ashleymadison.com  - the site that encourages people to have affairs - has offered to fill all the advertising slots in Rush's show. Of course, rush has been married 4 times so he might know something about the ashleymaidson's business already. It could be a good fit. :-)  

He has refused their offer, news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/limbaugh-as....

...the firebrand talk-show host said that he would never accept their advertising on his radio show.

"We do not [accept] sponsor companies that help people cheat on their spouses," Limbaugh told listeners on Thursday. "We have not accepted [their offer]. We have never run ads from [them]. We never will."

Limbaugh lashed out at Alexandra Petri, a Washington Post columnist, who wrote that Limbaugh's show had picked up AshleyMadison.com, proving that the show "targets jerks."

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 3:47PM #164
Erey

He is a very rich and powerful man, not too hard to understand.  In addition he is rather clever and I am sure that translates on occasion into charm.  Did I mention that he is tremendously wealthy?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 4:19PM #165
Ken

Mar 8, 2012 -- 1:53PM, TPaine wrote:

Are you sure about that?

Don't worry about it. Ann Coulter is fifty years old. She was also born a man.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 4:24PM #166
Girlchristian

Mar 8, 2012 -- 3:47PM, Erey wrote:

He is a very rich and powerful man, not too hard to understand.  In addition he is rather clever and I am sure that translates on occasion into charm.  Did I mention that he is tremendously wealthy?

Most jerks have a good side so it's really not that hard to understand.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2012 - 12:21AM #167
karbie

I dated a very wealthy man, and I could have married him. The problem was that it meant that I'd have to let him touch me.  He was engaged to someone else by the time I was engaged to the man I've been married to for almost 35 years. I knew the woman he was marrying and she was in love with his money.

Of course Rush can be charming. I just don't see him being able to keep it up for very long. His ego needs someone who can  accept that he's never wrong. So the requirements would be willing to submerge your own opinions, look good so that he can have a trophy wife. If money were enough, he wouldn't be repeating the same course.

What's really amusing is that he won't accept advertisisng from an organization that encourages people to be jerks. Who does he think his is his main audience?

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2012 - 6:50AM #168
IreneAdler

I would imagine having kids would not be on Slimeball’s agenda.  Kids require one to focus the attention on them-even the ones shunted off to the nanny for rearin’. His extreme self-centeredness wouldn’t allow the focus to be on anyone other than himself.  Probably the one good thing about those with excessive egos.

Irene

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2012 - 4:22PM #169
Stardove

A public service campaign that disses Rush Limbaugh and sells safe sex hopes to cause a sensation. Sir Richard's Condoms has conceived a "Sluts Unite" website and social media drive to promote healthy nookie while mocking Limbaugh's infamous "slut" insult of law student Sandra Fluke.

The campaign calls on supporters to choose from a menu of social media avatars such as "I Believe In Slut" and "Pro-Slut."

Sir Richard's Condoms is a small business in Boulder, CO.  They are taking the "slut" remark by Rush and running with it.  For every condom the company sell it donates one.

sirrichards.com/

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2012 - 5:03PM #170
TemplarS

Mar 12, 2012 -- 4:22PM, Stardove wrote:

A public service campaign that disses Rush Limbaugh and sells safe sex hopes to cause a sensation. Sir Richard's Condoms has conceived a "Sluts Unite" website and social media drive to promote healthy nookie while mocking Limbaugh's infamous "slut" insult of law student Sandra Fluke.

The campaign calls on supporters to choose from a menu of social media avatars such as "I Believe In Slut" and "Pro-Slut."

Well, you know, I get it, and I suppose so do most people, but I'll bet there are going to be a bunch of people who hear about this and say "Yup, I knew it, Rush was right..."

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 17 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook