Page 6 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Rush Limbaugh Calls Student Denied Spot At Contraception Hearing A ‘Slut’
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 8:57PM #51
Abner1

How's this for a compromise:

Birth control should be treated just like every other area of health care.  If a health care program has a copay, birth control should have the same percentage copay.  If a health care program doesn't have a copay, birth control should also have no copay.

No one can claim that health care is being treated any differently than any other health care under those circumstances.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 8:59PM #52
rabello

Mar 1, 2012 -- 8:53PM, hamerhas wrote:

I'm not sure which is more of a dog & pony show.

Warren Buffet's poor, hardscrabble $200,000 a year secretary, with two houses , or

the downtrodden dejour $ 50,000 a year  Georgetown Law student  so poor she must choose

between cat food or sex?

It is so obvious that only the taxpayers can help them now. 

This one isn't about the taxpayers.   How'd that even come up?

And the reason this particular woman is in the news is that she was prevented from testifying by Republicans, in a hearing they held to consider the Blunt Amendment, about her friend who had ovarian cyst so painful it was deblititating for her, but could not afford the birth control pills that had been prescribed for her by her doctors.  So this one isn't even about contraception, either, or choosing between sex and cat food, as you put it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 9:07PM #53
rabello

Mar 1, 2012 -- 8:57PM, Abner1 wrote:

How's this for a compromise:

Birth control should be treated just like every other area of health care.  If a health care program has a copay, birth control should have the same percentage copay.  If a health care program doesn't have a copay, birth control should also have no copay.

No one can claim that health care is being treated any differently than any other health care under those circumstances.

Well, the Republicans aren't looking for a compromise, and their issue isn't to get partial coverage by employer-provided insurance polices for women's birth control prescriptions.  Their goal is to get no coverage for insurance coverage and they are using religious excuse to argue their case. 

As Bernie Sanders said, if the Senate were comprised of 83 women instead of 83 men, the Blunt-Rubio Amendment would not have made it to the Senate floor, the hearing they had that excluded Ms Fluke's testimony wouldn't have been held, and Rush wouldn't have had a reason to confuse his dittoheads by saying he and they were going to have to start paying for college coed's sexual activity. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 9:08PM #54
REteach

Warren Buffet's poor, hardscrabble $200,000 a year secretary, with two houses , or

the downtrodden dejour $ 50,000 a year  Georgetown Law student  so poor she must choose

between cat food or sex?

It is so obvious that only the taxpayers can help them now. 

Periodically posts quoted by others remind me just why I love the block function 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 9:11PM #55
hamerhas

If sex is such a "personal" & "private" matter, why would you want an army of schmucks having knowledge & authorizing what, when, where, why etc,etc,etc, & etc ,,,, contraceptives you use ?

I never could afford Georgetown Law school , or any other school that cost $50,000 a year, but interestingly enough I have always paid for whatever contraceptive I wanted. 

All without an army of federal cretins knowing my personal business.

Who'd have thunk?

Moderated by Merope on Mar 02, 2012 - 03:18AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 9:11PM #56
mountain_man

That's easy; The GOP. They'd be funny if they weren't so pathetic.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 9:13PM #57
mountain_man

Mar 1, 2012 -- 9:11PM, hamerhas wrote:

If sex is such a "personal" & "private" matter , why would you want an army of schmucks having knowledge & authorizing what , when , where , why etc,etc,etc, & etc ,,,, contraceptives you use ?

That's a bizarre question.

I never could afford Georgetown Law school , or any other school that cost $50,000 a year...

Do what I did; GI Bill and scholarships for good grades.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 9:19PM #58
rabello

Mar 1, 2012 -- 9:11PM, hamerhas wrote:

If sex is such a "personal" & "private" matter , why would you want an army of schmucks

having knowledge & authorizing what , when , where , why etc,etc,etc, & etc ,,,, contraceptives you

use ?

I never could afford Georgetown Law school , or any other school that cost $50,000 a year, but

interestingly enough I have always paid for whatever contraceptive I wanted . 

All without an army of federal cretins knowing my personal business.

Who'd have thunk?

What are you talking about?

Except for condoms and spermicide, birth control method require a prescription.  The prescription itself requires a gyn exam.  Both the exam and the prescription are expensive.  Why should these not be at least partially covered by a woman's insurance carrier?  An "an army of federal cretins" wouldn't know anything about it.   Some insurance adjuster might, as he or she already is, since it is he or she that would deny the claim, today.

The Republicans are attacking women's health care needs and couching it as "religious freedom."  

Going to Georgetown vs DC Community College has nothing to do with it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 9:34PM #59
REteach

I know a solution.

WOMEN OF THE US, UNITE!  No contraception, No Sex!  Cut them off! When the guys start getting blue balls, they'll start talking out of the other side of their shorts. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 9:35PM #60
REteach

After all, vaseline and kleenex don't require a prescription. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook