Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Palestinian Hunger Striker Appeals To Israel's Supreme Court
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 2:25AM #11
LeahOne

Sherri, I don't think you know enough about the situation to have an informed opinion on the topic.  And I think it wiser to refrain from the kind of speculation which results in poor choices of descriptives like 'depravity' being used.  Of course we each get to make our own choices.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 2:27AM #12
Shusha

Personally, I think intentionally starving someone to death is a very violent act.  But who is choosing to inflict this violence?  Oh yeah, the guy is doing it to himself. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 2:29AM #13
Shusha

Thinking out loud, I'd have to look it up, but I wonder if this detainee could be considered a prisoner of war, rather than someone caught up in the judicial system. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 2:38AM #14
SherriMunnerlyn

Feb 19, 2012 -- 2:29AM, Shusha wrote:

Thinking out loud, I'd have to look it up, but I wonder if this detainee could be considered a prisoner of war, rather than someone caught up in the judicial system. 

Shusha,

He is the one in control now, and noone can take his human dignity away from him.

I wonder if anyone visualizes the Mahdi as being someone like Khader Adnan.

Sherri

Moderated by Stardove on Feb 19, 2012 - 12:46PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 2:49AM #15
Shusha

Sure, Sherri, because being a terrorist isn't a crime against humanity.  Riiiiiight. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 2:50AM #16
LeahOne

Sherri, I really think you should be concerned about how quickly you escalate to flinging about words like 'demonization' and 'depravity' in the faces of total strangers over a disagreement on a discussion board.

I find it particularly worrisome that you can so quickly move on to pubiic skepticism about my and other's right to call ourselves human when we (commit the most heinous sin when we)  don't agree with your views.

You seem to have confused your views based on your interpretation of GOD's Word, with GOD's view.  I'm quite content to let Him judge me Himself, and I wish you were willing to leave it to Him as well......

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 4:45AM #17
Dostojevsky

Feb 19, 2012 -- 2:01AM, rangerken wrote:

If someone chooses to stop eating...call it a hunger strike if you wish...that's his or her decision. And if someone ends up killing themself by it, well, their choice. I'm not suggesting such things don't deserve publicity, BUT, I don't see it as any govenment's obligation to force anyone to eat if they do no want to.

Hunger strikes are always publicity stunts...and often good ones...and sometimes they gain attention to an issue. That's fine. BUT, again, there is no obligation for any government to force anyone to eat, and if someone chooses to starve him or herself to death that is their own decision. Ken

Possibility of death or damage to physical and mental wellbeing is hardly a stunt.

The main question is, why is he there? A just society does not allow this behavior. How many times has it been said here on B/net about Israel being the one and only true democracy in ME? Things like this are certainly tarnishing its image.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 4:59AM #18
habesor

Sherri,

Do you think that it would be a violation of this prisoner's rights if the Israeli prison officials ordered him to be force-fed?

Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 7:21AM #19
SherriMunnerlyn

Feb 19, 2012 -- 4:59AM, habesor wrote:

Sherri,

Do you think that it would be a violation of this prisoner's rights if the Israeli prison officials ordered him to be force-fed?

Habesor

Habesor,

There is no way I would give an answer to that question.

I want as little as possible to do with playing any part in carrying out this !

I must already live every second of my life knowing my country funds this, to the tune of millions of dollars every single day! 

Sherri

Moderated by Stardove on Feb 19, 2012 - 12:48PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 7:40AM #20
SherriMunnerlyn

Here is a video from Belfast, a nighttime vigil for Palestinian Freedom Fighter and Palestinian hero Khader Adnan, thousands of miles away from where he lies chained to a bed, dying from hunger.

The people of Belfast, they experienced 10 colleagues die of hunger strikes, in their own quest for freedom. They feel his pain.

From Sinn Fein TV, the Khader Adnan Vigil, Sinn Fein activists join with members of Belfast Friends of Palestine outside Belfast City Hall to support Palestinian Hunger Striker Adnan as he enters his 63rd day on Hunger Strike. 

We see activists displayed with Dying  2 Live Free Khader Adnan written on them, with photos of Khader Adnan on them.

electronicintifada.net/blogs/benjamin-do...

Sherri

Moderated by Stardove on Feb 19, 2012 - 12:52PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook