2 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2012 - 4:41AM #1
Armwar
losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/08/lapd-...

really, this is so they can better spot frisbie throwers and little children who fail to measure the holes they dig in sand, and therefore

break the law!  Imagine the shock when the SWAT team arrives...

note to self---do not visit any large city in the US for the rest of my life...       
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2012 - 10:26AM #2
Druac

I don't have issue with public area video surveillance...particularly in large cities.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
---------------------------------------------
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2012 - 1:09PM #3
Armwar

it doesnt end there...and you very well should, in my opinion. 

Ok, so those three year olds get rounded up for their overzealous holes...spotted so efficiently by public mounted cameras!  Next will be Robocop...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2012 - 2:02PM #4
Girlchristian

Feb 10, 2012 -- 10:26AM, Druac wrote:

I don't have issue with public area video surveillance...particularly in large cities.

Neither do I.

IMO, this is a good thing and if it happened because of video surveillance then great:

Most recently, RACR was invaluable in putting an end to the Hollywood arsons.

Malinowski says RACR plotted each arson fire incident as it happened, creating a three-square-mile geographic hot spot that resulted in the quick arrest of accused fire starter Harry Burkhart.

“At the time he was taken into custody, this area was flooded with sheriffs and with LAPD officers,” says Malinowski. “Based on the fact that we kind of could see his movements in real time.”

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2012 - 2:12PM #5
Roodog

Feb 10, 2012 -- 1:09PM, Armwar wrote:

it doesnt end there...and you very well should, in my opinion. 

Ok, so those three year olds get rounded up for their overzealous holes...spotted so efficiently by public mounted cameras!  Next will be Robocop...

Robocop was a GOOD guy......

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2012 - 5:02PM #6
Armwar

well, the ones the liberals have in mind won't be.  I am so surprised at why you think it is ok to put cameras on ever corner.

It is just a way to feed the system...each to his own.   let me ask you...what type of population is most likely to be hassled by this?  that's right, the usual...minority, poor, inner city.

Don't you see this has racial implications? 

I feel sorry for you all, but even sorrier for the trapped urban dwellers.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2012 - 5:07PM #7
Ed.W

Feb 10, 2012 -- 5:02PM, Armwar wrote:

well, the ones the liberals have in mind won't be.  I am so surprised at why you think it is ok to put cameras on ever corner.

It is just a way to feed the system...each to his own.   let me ask you...what type of population is most likely to be hassled by this?  that's right, the usual...minority, poor, inner city.

Don't you see this has racial implications? 

I feel sorry for you all, but even sorrier for the trapped urban dwellers.

I think we have the same system as Gulag, LA.

But there was a mini-scandal with the ongoing cost of it, and that it was down so much.  It was one of those contract things with a company that installs them.

We have red-light ticket cameras too and nobody pays those fines. Or 40% don't.

We have gunshot triangulator devices.

I don't think they have put a dent in crime.

Have you got anything I can sink my teeth into?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2012 - 12:19AM #8
Armwar

if people don't pay their tickets, they can and will be arrested and thrown in jail...it could be your or your child, your spouse...

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook