Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Church and State.....
3 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2012 - 12:06PM #1
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Now, I admit that I am slacking off probably more than anyone here, a fact that I intend to remedy, but this board should be rocking what with the Republican primary and the current climate. 

What's going on? 
Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2012 - 12:13PM #2
Sacrificialgoddess

Jan 21, 2012 -- 12:06PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

Now, I admit that I am slacking off probably more than anyone here, a fact that I intend to remedy, but this board should be rocking what with the Republican primary and the current climate. 

What's going on? 

Well, it probably doesn't answer the question the way you want it answered, but I think the Republicans have the same problem that the Democrats had when they ran Kerry against George Bush.

That year, the Democrats were pretty much wanting anyone but Bush. Put Satan in a Tux and stick him on the ballot. Anyone but Bush would do. The Republicans this year feel that way about Obama.

The result, of course, is that people who ordinarily wouldn't make it past the front doors are now serious contenders for the nomination. Which is why no one is grabbing the Republican voters. No one up there has the charisma needed at this moment. Because the Republicans are right now screaming anyone but Obama.

At any rate, that is my take on it.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2012 - 12:41PM #3
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Jan 21, 2012 -- 12:13PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Well, it probably doesn't answer the question the way you want it answered, but I think the Republicans have the same problem that the Democrats had when they ran Kerry against George Bush.

That year, the Democrats were pretty much wanting anyone but Bush. Put Satan in a Tux and stick him on the ballot. Anyone but Bush would do. The Republicans this year feel that way about Obama.

The result, of course, is that people who ordinarily wouldn't make it past the front doors are now serious contenders for the nomination. Which is why no one is grabbing the Republican voters. No one up there has the charisma needed at this moment. Because the Republicans are right now screaming anyone but Obama.

At any rate, that is my take on it.

Not that they just lack charisma, but they all seem to be poor examples of humanity. I don't live in Iowa, but am close enough that I saw some of the ads, and they were going negative already!  In the primary!  That's a scorched earth policy if I ever heard of one.  You've pretty much insured that if you lose the primary, and your opponent wins, the population got to hear negative comments about him for almost a year before the actual election.  Good job.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 4:58PM #4
davelaw40

Why would R primaries raise 1st Admendment issues?

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 6:11PM #5
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Jan 23, 2012 -- 4:58PM, davelaw40 wrote:

Why would R primaries raise 1st Admendment issues?

I was thinking more an article 6 issue. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 10:47PM #6
davelaw40

religious test?

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 10:49PM #7
Sacrificialgoddess

Jan 24, 2012 -- 10:47PM, davelaw40 wrote:

religious test?

Well, in the court of public opinion, certainly. But that is nothing new.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2012 - 4:00PM #8
allthegoodnamesweretaken

religious test?

Jan 24, 2012 -- 10:49PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

religious test?

Well, in the court of public opinion, certainly. But that is nothing new.

Yeah, it fits better with religious test, at least when it comes to public opinion.  Who cares if Romney is a Mormon? 

Come on, someone needed to start something.  Call me stupid or something. 

all

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2012 - 10:38PM #9
davelaw40

actually, I do

I have issue with anyone from any religion, club, or secret society that either teaches or once taught that it is ok to lie under oath in order to protect said groups secrets

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2012 - 12:44PM #10
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Jan 25, 2012 -- 10:38PM, davelaw40 wrote:

actually, I do

I have issue with anyone from any religion, club, or secret society that either teaches or once taught that it is ok to lie under oath in order to protect said groups secrets

Please elaborate, and excuse my ignorance. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook