Post Reply
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View KT Gov. Budget Plan Cuts College Funding - Preserves Tax Break For Bible Park
3 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2012 - 11:19PM #11
mountain_man
Posts: 39,763

Jan 20, 2012 -- 5:36PM, TPaine wrote:

...Since when are tax breaks to a privately owned amusement park featuring a 500 foot by 75 foot replica of Noah's Ark more important than the education of the state's children?


Obviously followers are more important than thinkers.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2012 - 10:49AM #12
TPaine
Posts: 9,385

Jan 20, 2012 -- 11:19PM, mountain_man wrote:


Jan 20, 2012 -- 5:36PM, TPaine wrote:

...Since when are tax breaks to a privately owned amusement park featuring a 500 foot by 75 foot replica of Noah's Ark more important than the education of the state's children?


Obviously followers are more important than thinkers.



Non-thinkers make better followers.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2012 - 2:31PM #13
Ebon
Posts: 10,148

I will never get over the tendancy of a certain kind of Christian to buy anything or anyone that's ostentatiously Christian enough.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2012 - 3:34PM #14
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,786

Jan 21, 2012 -- 10:49AM, TPaine wrote:


Jan 20, 2012 -- 11:19PM, mountain_man wrote:


Jan 20, 2012 -- 5:36PM, TPaine wrote:

...Since when are tax breaks to a privately owned amusement park featuring a 500 foot by 75 foot replica of Noah's Ark more important than the education of the state's children?


Obviously followers are more important than thinkers.



Non-thinkers make better followers.




Yes they do, which is why that type work hard at destroying our education system. They want,....demand..blind followers.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2012 - 4:29PM #15
Ironhold
Posts: 11,555

Jan 21, 2012 -- 2:31PM, Ebon wrote:


I will never get over the tendancy of a certain kind of Christian to buy anything or anyone that's ostentatiously Christian enough.




At least we Mormons try to aspire for a better class of kitsch... Innocent

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2012 - 4:33PM #16
MMarcoe
Posts: 16,912

Jan 20, 2012 -- 6:02PM, mytmouse57 wrote:


Because the Ark replica IS education for the state's children. Wink





Yes, it will teach them how stupid and preposterous and unsupportable creationism really is.

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2012 - 4:39PM #17
farragut
Posts: 4,047

For the benefit of any of you who yet may have the privilege of raising one or more youngsters,I acquired a copy of "Raising Freethinkers" for guidance in educating the six-year-old that lives with me. It's wonderful how fast she can pick things up, well, except for the stuff that she strews around the house.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2012 - 1:58AM #18
rangerken
Posts: 16,408

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook