Page 21 of 21  •  Prev 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21
Switch to Forum Live View Ron Paul and the expansion of rights?
3 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2011 - 7:38PM #201
Druac

Dec 8, 2011 -- 5:13PM, costrel wrote:

Dec 8, 2011 -- 4:15PM, Ur2 wrote:

Most Catholic "facts" are based on myth which does not make them "facts". Whether one is raised Catholic has no bearing on the OP. Whether one is a "good Catholic" has no bearing on the OP. What it does mean though, is that apparently a whole bunch of people believe a whole bunch of non-Biblical, man-made hoodoo about nothing and it's blocking out the empirical evidence to the contrary that would otherwise allow them to be rational thinkers.

The Bible itself is nothing but a collection of fictitious myths, legends, folklore, and other stuff. If Catholics accept a lot of myth, so too do the Baptists and other Protestants. Most Baptists apparently even accept those pious myths about a 7-day creation a few thousand years ago and a talking snake and a great big flood, blocking out the empirical evidence of evolution and an old earth and demonstrating that they are NOT rational thinkers. All religious myth, biblical or extra-biblical, is fictitious and man-made. So if you want to start ripping into extra-biblical Catholic myth, go right ahead. Just don't forget that you Baptists believe in a whole lot of fictitious myth as well. And to top it all off, all Christians -- Catholics, Baptists, Episcopalians, Russian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, Copts, Lutherans, Methodists, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Pentecostalists, Hutterites, Amish -- believe in a fictitious and man-made God. 

+1!

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2011 - 10:28PM #202
Wanderingal

Dec 8, 2011 -- 10:10PM, Ur2 wrote:

wg,

I've listened to your blather on this discussion for days.

NOw you're blaming your Catholic upbringing for not being able to accept Birth Control or the Morning After Pill.

This objection was brought to you by the Catholic Church for nowhere in the Bible does it support that teaching. These hoodoo rules and made-up sins were designed by men to keep them in a job and have dominion over their "flock".

Now you have a problem with Ron Paul because you claims he wants to tell you what you can do with your body. Nowhere in his words has he said that.

So it appears that your confusion is based on nothing but your own wit and wisdom. Being one that deals only with the "facts", how can you be so easily led by your own misgivings? You have to answer one of the two questions this discussion has posed AND now you're relying on your mistaken theology to bail you out.

If you believe that Birth Control and the Day After Pill is a sin with no proof to back it up, soon you'll be homophobic because it's taught in Church and probably will soon write a book on Creationism because they teach that too!

So why do you pick and chose? Aren't all sins treated equally or is it up to you as per the topic?

Your post indicates you have not understood anything that Costrel or I have posted on this thread.

Moderated by rangerken on Dec 08, 2011 - 11:27PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2011 - 8:27AM #203
Ur2

And your post nails down the fact you do understand what this topic is about.

Hint: Making it all about you isn't it.

Thanx,

Ur2

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2011 - 1:13PM #204
catboxer

Despite my having posted nothing here but a wisecrack, I think everybody knows what this topic is about.

The fact is birth control has made abstinence a big, stupid joke. There is absolutely no reason for people of any age not to do it as much as they want, as long as they do it more or less monogamously, as a hedge against sexually transmitted disease.

Everybody knows this. The Pope knows it, and that's why he's jonesing about it.

God's got absolutely nothing to do with it, except that She made us what we are -- horndogs.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2011 - 1:34PM #205
loveontheair

Dec 8, 2011 -- 5:13PM, costrel wrote:

Dec 8, 2011 -- 4:15PM, Ur2 wrote:

Most Catholic "facts" are based on myth which does not make them "facts". Whether one is raised Catholic has no bearing on the OP. Whether one is a "good Catholic" has no bearing on the OP. What it does mean though, is that apparently a whole bunch of people believe a whole bunch of non-Biblical, man-made hoodoo about nothing and it's blocking out the empirical evidence to the contrary that would otherwise allow them to be rational thinkers.

The Bible itself is nothing but a collection of fictitious myths, legends, folklore, and other stuff. If Catholics accept a lot of myth, so too do the Baptists and other Protestants. Most Baptists apparently even accept those pious myths about a 7-day creation a few thousand years ago and a talking snake and a great big flood, blocking out the empirical evidence of evolution and an old earth and demonstrating that they are NOT rational thinkers. All religious myth, biblical or extra-biblical, is fictitious and man-made. So if you want to start ripping into extra-biblical Catholic myth, go right ahead. Just don't forget that you Baptists believe in a whole lot of fictitious myth as well. And to top it all off, all Christians -- Catholics, Baptists, Episcopalians, Russian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, Copts, Lutherans, Methodists, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Pentecostalists, Hutterites, Amish -- believe in a fictitious and man-made God. 

Hello,

I have two friends who are atheist and I've been down this road 1000x. Instead of writing 5 pages, since this is not the thread, I'll just say you have your belief and I have mine.

Oh, by the way, we get along just fine.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 21 of 21  •  Prev 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook