Switch to Forum Live View Perry waffles on Obama bc
3 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2011 - 9:49AM #1
Fodaoson

When asked if he believes the president was born in the United States, the Texas governor said, "I have no reason to think otherwise." Pressed on the nature of his answer, Perry added, "Well, I don't have a definitive answer, because he's never seen my birth certificate."

Q.But you've seen his.

Perry “ I don't know. Have I?”

Q. You don't believe what's been released?

P.  I don't know. I had dinner with Donald Trump the other night.

Q. And?

P.  That came up.

Perry said that Trump doesn't believe the document released by the White House is "real."

“O what a tangled web we weave ,when first we  practice to deceive”  or start catering to the   fringes   to get  votes .

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2011 - 10:19AM #2
loveontheair

Oct 24, 2011 -- 9:49AM, Fodaoson wrote:

When asked if he believes the president was born in the United States, the Texas governor said, "I have no reason to think otherwise." Pressed on the nature of his answer, Perry added, "Well, I don't have a definitive answer, because he's never seen my birth certificate."

Q.But you've seen his.

Q. And?

P.  That came up.

Perry said that Trump doesn't believe the document released by the White House is "real."

“O what a tangled web we weave ,when first we  practice to deceive”  or start catering to the   fringes   to get  votes .

Hello,

My question is if he was recieving foreign aid in school as a US citizen that would make that ill-legel.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2011 - 1:10PM #3
Hatman
The more important question Perry should be asking is whether or not BHO is "natural born," a lawful(i.e. Constitutional) requirement to hold the office of the presidency(and vice-presidency).
There should be no question that Obama's a citizen; he's just unqualified for the office as he's not Natural-born, as defined by the First Congress in 1790, published abroad in Vattel's Law of Nations(1797), and verified by SCOTUS in 1814's "The Venus" decision(which cited Vattel's words in translation exactly)...i.e., that "natural-born" requires TWO parents who are citizens at the moment of the child's birth.

There have been zero court opinions since that have re-defined the words "natural born" to mean anything else than "born of two citizens," if "precedent" law holds any validity any longer...

ETA:
Don't know if it'll make a whit of difference, but i just wrote to the governor's office, informing him of the foregoing facts...and i'm no Perry supporter, either.  i just want to see if any candidate will have the cojones to bring up the issue in public.

With goodwill to all the People-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2011 - 2:16PM #4
johndavid23

Much as I respect Hatman's serious insight into the topic, given today's technology, shouldn't all candidates first submit to DNA tests, as well as their parents DNA tests in order to prove proper parentage?  What about adoptees, how will they prove proper parentage?  My god, it sounds like a heirarchical royalty.

Obliquely, this thread (as are most on most boards), is a conspiracy theory thread.  It purports a conspiracy perpetrated by BHO and the DNC to elect an unqualified candidate.  As such it belongs on the proper board: everyone should check there for the real threads which get sent there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2011 - 2:31PM #5
rangerken

This thread was movd from US News & Politics.

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2011 - 1:59AM #6
Wanderingal

Oct 24, 2011 -- 9:49AM, Fodaoson wrote:

Q.But you've seen his.

Q. And?

P.  That came up.

That's all right--we don't believe Donald Trump is real.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2011 - 9:55AM #7
Do_unto_others

Oct 24, 2011 -- 1:10PM, Hatman wrote:

The more important question Perry should be asking is whether or not BHO is "natural born," a lawful(i.e. Constitutional) requirement to hold the office of the presidency(and vice-presidency). There should be no question that Obama's a citizen; he's just unqualified for the office as he's not Natural-born, as defined by the First Congress in 1790, published abroad in Vattel's Law of Nations(1797), and verified by SCOTUS in 1814's "The Venus" decision(which cited Vattel's words in translation exactly)...i.e., that "natural-born" requires TWO parents who are citizens at the moment of the child's birth. There have been zero court opinions since that have re-defined the words "natural born" to mean anything else than "born of two citizens," if "precedent" law holds any validity any longer... ETA: Don't know if it'll make a whit of difference, but i just wrote to the governor's office, informing him of the foregoing facts...and i'm no Perry supporter, either. i just want to see if any candidate will have the cojones to bring up the issue in public. With goodwill to all the People- Hatman

Would these 'criteria' apply equally to John (born in Panama) McCain?

And why is it that you sign off with "With goodwill to all the People" yet we see so little "goodwill" in your posts? Certainly none at all towards your President.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2011 - 5:30PM #8
Hatman

Nov 28, 2011 -- 9:55AM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Oct 24, 2011 -- 1:10PM, Hatman wrote:

The more important question Perry should be asking is whether or not BHO is "natural born," a lawful(i.e. Constitutional) requirement to hold the office of the presidency(and vice-presidency). There should be no question that Obama's a citizen; he's just unqualified for the office as he's not Natural-born, as defined by the First Congress in 1790, published abroad in Vattel's Law of Nations(1797), and verified by SCOTUS in 1814's "The Venus" decision(which cited Vattel's words in translation exactly)...i.e., that "natural-born" requires TWO parents who are citizens at the moment of the child's birth. There have been zero court opinions since that have re-defined the words "natural born" to mean anything else than "born of two citizens," if "precedent" law holds any validity any longer... ETA: Don't know if it'll make a whit of difference, but i just wrote to the governor's office, informing him of the foregoing facts...and i'm no Perry supporter, either. i just want to see if any candidate will have the cojones to bring up the issue in public. With goodwill to all the People- Hatman

Would these 'criteria' apply equally to John (born in Panama) McCain?

Absolutely.  McCain WAS born of TWO American citizens at birth, ergo "natural born."  In fact, the sitting Congress at the time McCain's eligibility was challenged cited the very same First Congress for their basis in making it's declaration.

And why is it that you sign off with "With goodwill to all the People" yet we see so little "goodwill" in your posts?

Mainly because i'm pissed off at so many ignorant knuckleheads, but i'll be working on at least TRYING to be courteous in future.

Certainly none at all towards your President.

First, not "my" president---and unless you are a Federal citizen or employee of the Executive branch, not yours, either; few know that the USG is foreign with respect to the States.  Second, the President is ONLY president of the Executive Branch---not Congress, not the Judiciary, and not individuals Citizens in any of the several States...his powers are defined and therefore limited by the Constitution he swears fealty to, and as stated above, since BHO is NOT 'natural born,' he doesn't meet the Constitutional qualifications for president---and imo, should be summarily expelled from the White House immediately---no need whatsoever for an impeachment process in his case.  It'd be like a Joe Schmo who read a few medical books, maybe did some animal experimentation so as to get familiar with surgery, then operated on hundreds of patients successfully 'til he was caught. 

With goodwill to all the People-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2011 - 11:02PM #9
Do_unto_others

"First, not "my" president---and unless you are a Federal citizen or employee of the Executive branch, not yours, either; few know that the USG is foreign with respect to the States.  Second, the President is ONLY president of the Executive Branch---not Congress, not the Judiciary, and not individuals Citizens in any of the several States"

Oh, so THAT'S why individual citizens don't get to vote for their president. I get it now.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2011 - 11:14PM #10
Hatman

Dec 7, 2011 -- 11:02PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

"First, not "my" president---and unless you are a Federal citizen or employee of the Executive branch, not yours, either; few know that the USG is foreign with respect to the States.  Second, the President is ONLY president of the Executive Branch---not Congress, not the Judiciary, and not individuals Citizens in any of the several States"

Oh, so THAT'S why individual citizens don't get to vote for their president. I get it now.

Unless my intuition is off, you really don't get it after all.  The People may get to vote for the president(convicted felons are barred), but again, he's only president of the Executive Branch of the Federal government, a federal government "bound down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution," as Jefferson put it.

And you perhaps forget about the electoral college, too.

But hey; if you want to regard someone who was elected in defiance of the Supreme Law of the Land as "your presnit," go on.  No skin off my nose.

With goodwill to all the people-

Hatman

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook