Switch to Forum Live View Al Gore's Climate Change Event
3 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2011 - 6:55PM #1
solfeggio

That dauntless champion of educating the people on the sad realities of climate change, Al Gore, is going to broadcast a presentation every hour for twenty-four hours in twenty-four time zones from Wednesday to Thursday:

www.ibtimes.com/articles/213374/20110914...

ecopreneurist.com/2011/09/12/al-gore-to-...

The idea is to raise Americans' awareness of climate change, which he has been trying to do for the last thirty years, but unfortunately with little success.   

Basically, Gore is going to argue the connection between more extreme weather and climate change.

Let's hope that this time he finally manages to convince the skeptics and get the ball rolling on programmes to address the very real environmental problems facing our world.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2011 - 9:47PM #2
mountain_man

Sep 14, 2011 -- 6:55PM, solfeggio wrote:

...Let's hope that this time he finally manages to convince the skeptics and get the ball rolling on programmes to address the very real environmental problems facing our world.

Not one skeptic will change their mind. The science, the facts, are irrelevant. They must protect their conspiracy at all costs.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2011 - 11:28PM #3
DotNotInOz

I've often thought that had Gore become president, he'd likely never have become such a crusader for awareness of the need to act to alleviate global warming.

Perhaps his losing that election may ultimately prove far more significant in our ultimate survival as a species...if we heed his warnings, that is, which as MM suggests currently appears doubtful.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2011 - 4:41PM #4
BDboy

Sep 14, 2011 -- 11:28PM, DotNotInOz wrote:

I've often thought that had Gore become president, he'd likely never have become such a crusader for awareness of the need to act to alleviate global warming.

Perhaps his losing that election may ultimately prove far more significant in our ultimate survival as a species...if we heed his warnings, that is, which as MM suggests currently appears doubtful.

>>>>>>>>>> I agree. Since that election he had more time to follow his passion. If only he could inject some "Life" to his speech, he would have gotten more attention. ;-)

This is a worthy cause..

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook