Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Conspiracy Theories?
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 1:58PM #1
Roodog
9-11, like Pearl Harbor, the JFK assassination and the OKC bombing on 4/19/95, appeared to have caught the American people and government with their pants down. We who have lived through these events remember where they were when we first heard of them.  We are given an official account of these incidents by the Government and are expected to buy them.

Yet there have been conspiracy theories, some credible, some not swirling up like smoke rising from the mayhem of these events.

1. The Government had prior knowledge of the events and failed to circumvent them.
a)No carriers were at Pearl Harbor on 12-07-41. They were delivering warplanes to Pacific outposts when the attack came. These same carriers would prove vital in turning back the Japanese at Coral Sea and Midway.
b) President Kennedy KNEW that he was going into a hornet's nest in 1963 Dallas.
c)There were reports of bomb squads sniffing for bombs at the Murrah Building on 4-19-95 before Timothy McVeigh drove up in his truck bomb.
d)Federal agencies knew that Al Qaida would pull off a raid on American soil around 9-11-01.

2.The Government agencies charged with preventing these events ALLOWED them to happen, presumably under orders from on high to further an particular agenda. Usually the agenda would lead to war or the passage of difficult legislation that Americans would normally find to be repugnant.

3. The Government actually had a hand in carrying out these attacks.
a) Roosevelt set up the 7th Fleet. He needed to break the isolationism to go to war with Hitler. He also wanted to modernize the Navy.
b) Government operatives( or contractors hired by them) killed Kennedy to prevent withdrawal from Viet Nam. Some say LBJ was behind it.
c) That there were other conspiritors in the OKC bombing that the Government didn't look into. The Murrah buliding looked like a botched implosion and the the attack on the Kobar Towers in Saudi Arabia showed that a truck bomb would mainly tear the facade off the building and not bring the core down.
d) The World Trade Center was somehow destroyed by the Bush Administration, either the hijackers were government operatives or the Government remotely flew those planes into the WTC like a guided missile or a model plane. Other buildings at the WTC, not impacted by the jets, also were destroyed.

These  events served to change the direction of our country to where neither we nor the Framers had intended us to go, and our freedoms have suffered. So rumors of conspiracy surround them.

Comments?
For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 2:45PM #2
johndavid23

roo,

With reference to 9/11, people have used the derogatory term "conspiracy theory" to refer to any attempt to discuss the facts of the event.  The whole society is supposed to immediately shut their minds and bow down and lick up the BushCo storyline, whether it makes sense or not.  Several of those facts are:  the presence of nanothermite in the ruins of the WTC, a demolition tool available only through the military; the demolition of Bldg.7, exactly as the towers fell, without the aid of a plane;  the fact that timed video of the collapse of the towers also concurs with the fact that the buildings were aided in their fall, that they fell faster than gravity and resistance would predict.  There are a few thousand architects and engineers who have had the courage to speak up on these matters.

Outside the US, people seem to have a different attitude toward these facts and a minority of people accept the BushCo storyline.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 2:55PM #3
Roodog

Sep 8, 2011 -- 2:45PM, johndavid23 wrote:

roo,

With reference to 9/11, people have used the derogatory term "conspiracy theory" to refer to any attempt to discuss the facts of the event.  The whole society is supposed to immediately shut their minds and bow down and lick up the BushCo storyline, whether it makes sense or not.  Several of those facts are:  the presence of nanothermite in the ruins of the WTC, a demolition tool available only through the military; the demolition of Bldg.7, exactly as the towers fell, without the aid of a plane;  the fact that timed video of the collapse of the towers also concurs with the fact that the buildings were aided in their fall, that they fell faster than gravity and resistance would predict.  There are a few thousand architects and engineers who have had the courage to speak up on these matters.

Outside the US, people seem to have a different attitude toward these facts and a minority of people accept the BushCo storyline.

The loss of Building 7 just does not line up with my understanding of what firefighting is all about. The fire is supposed to be prevented from spreading to adjacent structures. The collapse of Building 7 due to fire should not have happened if FDNY did its job. The building by all appearances was imploded, but why?

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 3:09PM #4
johndavid23

Because it had been pre-wired with nanothermite demolition, same as the 2 WTC towers and "whoever" needed to destroy the evidence.   Obviously "whoever" was well connected with BushCo in the cover up.  What do you think caused the pools of molten metal found under the debris of the towers long after their fall?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 3:55PM #5
Druac

This event was one of the MOST documented (by all means) events in history of its kind...but that never stops the conspiracy nuts from having fun with them. I guess we should get used to this crap popping up every year now.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 4:02PM #6
johndavid23

Those who automatically dismiss any discussion of the facts which might differ from the official storyline instantly reveal their inability to do critical thinking, to deal with discordant information, to reason.  It is this clinging to the words of "authorities" despite contradicting information which defines the fundamentalist mind.  How do you deal with the documented presence of nanothermite throughout the WTC ruins?  With the molten metal weeks afterwards?  With Bldg. 7?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 4:12PM #7
Druac

Sep 8, 2011 -- 4:02PM, johndavid23 wrote:

Those who automatically dismiss any discussion of the facts which might differ from the official storyline instantly reveal their inability to do critical thinking, to deal with discordant information, to reason.  It is this clinging to the words of "authorities" despite contradicting information which defines the fundamentalist mind.  How do you deal with the documented presence of nanothermite throughout the WTC ruins?  With the molten metal weeks afterwards?  With Bldg. 7?

I'm not going to get into a debate about it with you.

I have been through all the "evidence" and even have a friend who wrote a book about it and started a discussion forum about it (he is your typical conspiracy nut). I have been over it again and again over the years with him...and this is the stereotypical conspiracy theory.

Again, this tragedy was one if not the most documented events EVER...and not only that it happened to an area that had WHITE-HOT attention focused on it from press AND authorities, both local, national and international.

I didn't like the Bush administration and many things it did...but I don't lay this on their doorstep.

I'm done...sorry for the interruption...carry on.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 5:07PM #8
Father_Oblivion

Sep 8, 2011 -- 3:55PM, Druac wrote:

This event was one of the MOST documented (by all means) events in history of its kind...but that never stops the conspiracy nuts from having fun with them. I guess we should get used to this crap popping up every year now.

I am a bit surprised by your manner of response Dru. That is exactly the way denial of divinity is addressed by the Abrahamic religions. Then they are subjected to 'inquisition'.

The important thing to remember about American history is that it is fictional, a charcoal-sketched simplicity for the children or the easily bored. For the most part it is uninspected, unimagined, unthought, a representative of the thing and not the thing itself. It is a fine fiction...
Neil Gaiman
'American Gods'

‎"Ignorance of ignorance, then, is that self-satisfied state of unawareness in which man, knowing nothing outside the limited area of his physical senses, bumptiously declares there is nothing more to know! He who knows no life save the physical is merely ignorant; but he who declares physical life to be all-important and elevates it to the position of supreme reality--such a one is ignorant of his own ignorance."
- Manly Palmer Hall
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 5:28PM #9
johndavid23

Sep 8, 2011 -- 5:07PM, Father_Oblivion wrote:

Sep 8, 2011 -- 3:55PM, Druac wrote:

I am a bit surprised by your manner of response Dru. That is exactly the way denial of divinity is addressed by the Abrahamic religions. Then they are subjected to 'inquisition'.

I loved your quote from Neil Gaiman:  "The important thing to remember about American history is that it is fictional, a charcoal-sketched simplicity for the children or the easily bored. For the most part it is uninspected, unimagined, unthought, a representative of the thing and not the thing itself. It is a fine fiction..."

Neil Gaiman
'American Gods'

It is a shame that there are so few inquiring minds willing to even entertain the reality that numerous facts need to be dealt with in regard to important events.  That they can say they've talked with friends so don't need to address issues here is really an insult to posters here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 5:38PM #10
Roodog

9-11 was not the only event being discussed in the OP, other significant events were discussed.

Why is it that the US Gov't is "caught with their pants down" so often?

It is possible that this is standard operational procedure for the puppet masters.

Do you not agree that the legislative aftermath of each of these attacks erode our freedoms?

Three of the four events have either gotten us into a war or deepened our involvent in a war.

St. Thomas Aquinas

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook