Page 1 of 11  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Where Are the 9/11 threads?
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 8:34AM #1
Wanderingal

Where are any threads about 9/11?

With the tenth anniversary almost here one would expect to see a number of them--and yet--none.

I've waited and waited and finally decided that if I didn't start one no one else would.

Moderated by rangerken on Sep 07, 2011 - 01:52PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 8:57AM #2
mecdukebec

I think that many are still trying to cook up some connection between 9/11 and Iraq.

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 9:04AM #3
Wanderingal

There have been a number of documentaries on tv about some of the ways that people have been affected.

There's one airing Friday night on NBC titled "The Children of 9/11."

And there's anotgher one online at PBS Newshour

www.pbs.org/newshour

which is titled "Class of 9/11" and is interviews with the then-very young children who were attending a trade school very wnar the trade enter when the attacks took place.

I have seen part of tht one and it is very moving--especially to see how many of the children never told their parents how those events affected them.

Some parents are heard saying things like "Why didn't you tell me it scared you so much?"

It's also very interesting as well as touching to hear the now-ten years older children/young people reflecting on what those events they witnessed did to them.

One girl describes her panic disorder which arose that day and which is still keeping her from living a normal life.

A now-teenaged boy describes how he has emotionally distanced himself from those events so the memories can;t hurt hi,.

And how since he learned how to do that with the 9/11 experiences he knows he does this quite often in other areas of his life to protect himself emotionally.

Very mature stuff from such relatively young people.

Moderated by Merope on Sep 07, 2011 - 08:23PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 9:13AM #4
mecdukebec

I know two young men who were both 16 and 13 when the towers fell.  Both young men joined the U.S. Army and served in Afghanistan and Iraq, respectively.  Both joined the military due to the 9/11 attacks.  Both are now out of the Army.  The former is now homeless in San Francisco; the latter is now unemployed in Detroit.  -- 9/11. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 9:23AM #5
davelaw40

Sep 7, 2011 -- 8:34AM, Wanderingal wrote:

Where are any threads about 9/11?

With the tenth anniversary almost here one would expect to see a number of them--and yet--none.

I've waited and waited and finally decided that if I didn't start one no one else would.

I started one last week-the left ignored it.

You started one as well-but yet say there are none. Do you mean none on the first page?

Moderated by rangerken on Sep 07, 2011 - 01:53PM
Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 10:04AM #6
mecdukebec

Might I suggest that one of the most potent after-effects of 9/11 is 2 million young men and women who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan, who are effected by PTSD and TBI, and who have an unemployment rate well above the civilian population?  George's wars have real effects, folks. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 10:09AM #7
Wanderingal

Mecduc--I complrtely agree with you. And yous ee mroe of the effects on a daily basis than most of the rest of us do--except for those of us who have lsot loved ones to that "Cause."

and yet look--not one R mentions even those sacrifices .They seem to be acting as though 9/11 and ten years of aftereffects have never happened....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 10:48AM #8
Fodaoson

Sep 7, 2011 -- 8:57AM, mecdukebec wrote:

I think that many are still trying to cook up some connection between 9/11 and Iraq.

listen to Cheney on his book tour inteviews, you are correct. 

Sep 7, 2011 -- 10:04AM, mecdukebec wrote:

Might I suggest that one of the most potent after-effects of 9/11 is 2 million young men and women who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan, who are effected by PTSD and TBI, and who have an unemployment rate well above the civilian population?  George's wars have real effects, folks. 

Cheny in a CNN interview blamed the Clinton dministration for the Economic collapse
of 2008 and for not killing Bin Laden and  preventing  9/11.  Tax cuts, increased spending, two wars (one totally unnecessary, Iraq)  and  wall street greed are factors in the economic collapse , All Bush ideas.

On  Clinton and Bin laden : FNC Sep 06)

“I had responsibility for trying to protect this country. I tried and I failed to get bin Laden. I regret it," Clinton said…

Clinton asserted he had done more to try to kill bin Laden than "all the right-wingers who are attacking me now." In fact, Clinton said, conservatives routinely criticized him for "obsessing" over bin Laden while he was in office.

"They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try. They did not try. I tried. So I tried and failed," he said.

The September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks occurred about eight months after Bush took office.

The former president said he authorized the CIA to kill bin Laden and overthrow the Taliban in Afghanistan after the bombing of the USS Cole in 2000, but the action was never carried out. Clinton said that was because the United States could not establish a military base in Uzbekistan and because U.S. intelligence and law enforcement agencies refused to certify that bin Laden was behind the bombing.

"The entire military was against sending special forces into Afghanistan and refueling by helicopter. And no one thought we could do it otherwise, because we could not get the CIA and the FBI to certify that al Qaeda was responsible while I was president." ( Fox News interview Sep
28,2006)

Several books by Clinton and GW Bush aides have said that the Clinton briefing and information for incoming President and his administration emphasized the need to watch and move against Al Qaida.  The military’s reluctance to move Special Forces against Afghanistan without nearby air field was a result of the failure of Operation Eagle Claw at desert one.  The poor intelligence in the areas was the reason the CIA/FBI could not certify that bin Laden was involved.  The huge amount of WMDs and Nuclear weapons that Saddam had demonstrated the wisdom for not acting on spotty unreliable information

Moderated by Merope on Sep 07, 2011 - 08:30PM
“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 10:52AM #9
mecdukebec

Sep 7, 2011 -- 10:09AM, Wanderingal wrote:

Mecduc--I complrtely agree with you. And yous ee mroe of the effects on a daily basis than most of the rest of us do--except for those of us who have lsot loved ones to that "Cause."

and yet look--not one R mentions even those sacrifices .They seem to be acting as though 9/11 and ten years of aftereffects have never happened....

Embarassment has its role in national life; and the whitewash, as well. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 11:12AM #10
mecdukebec

I think that military dead is just something a lot of people don't want to think about. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook