Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 2:05AM #21
jane2

God bless, Star, you and your fellow Texans.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 5:05AM #22
DotNotInOz
Say what we always do about stuff being replaceable, I'm looking around my living room at the various precious objects passed to me by long-dead relatives and thinking how devastating it would be to lose these completely irreplaceable things. 

Yes, I could probably find a double-sided vegetable dish similar or maybe identical to the one left to me by the aunt for whom I was named, but it wouldn't have her handwritten note on it about how my sister and I so enjoyed eating vegetables from a dish that could hold two different ones that we'd eat veggies we'd otherwise refuse when Mom tried to get us to eat the same ones. They tasted different from that dish, we insisted. 

All of us have possessions that remind us whenever we see them of good times and beloved people. Losing those objects still hurts even though they're "just things."

Thus, I hurt for those who have lost such irreplaceable objects that had similar value for them. 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 7:14AM #23
Wanderingal

Merope--when you hear from the various bnet members being affected by the fires--would you let us know here how they are?

Thanks.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 9:23AM #24
Merope

Sep 8, 2011 -- 7:14AM, Wanderingal wrote:

Merope--when you hear from the various bnet members being affected by the fires--would you let us know here how they are?

Thanks.

Will do, WGal.

Star's updated us on her daughter, son-in-law, and grandson.  One other member and his spouse have been evacuated.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 9:29AM #25
Wanderingal

Thanks for that info.

I'm sure that being evacuated is upsetting but IMO much preferable to the alternative.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 10:31AM #26
Erey

Its smelling like smoke out there today, there is a hurricane brewing in the gulf but it probably won't hit Texas.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 12:42PM #27
Wanderingal

Actually there are three hurricanes out there and the current weather thought is that one of them might actually bring some rain to TX.

It's pretty impressive to see the three of them lined up one behind the other.

We're hoping that at least one of them will end up dropping some rain on us too.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 1:41AM #28
Merope

Good news!  The member whose home was threatened by the Bastrop Fire learned tonight that his home was completely untouched by the fire. 

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 2:36AM #29
Wanderingal

That's wonderful news. I wonder what emotions they are experiencing on learning that.

I can't imagine what that msut feel like. Maybe when they get back they'll describe how that felt to them and what kinds of emotions they went through during such a stressful emotional time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 2:23PM #30
Stardove

Volunteer firefighters lose homes and continue to fight the fires.  Day six of the Bastrop fire.

www.kvue.com/home/Bastrop-County-Firefig...

My daughter and son-in-law still know nothing about their place.  Their insurance company gave getting to their home a try, but couldn't get in.  Some of their best friends lost their home we found out last night.

The DC jumbo jet which had been in Austin for days was suppose to finally fly over fires today is headed for Houston instead of the Bastrop fire.

www.kvue.com/home/related/Fire-retardant...

Right now waiting to find out news is the hardest part for our family.  Good news daughter's family do have a vacation rental in Austin to stay in.  So they have a roof over their heads and are safe that is what matters the most currently.  When they evacuated Sunday they really thought they would be returning the next day.  They just didn't understand the magnitude of the situation, so didn't gather too much to take with them. 

Our grandson turns two years old a month from today, so he really doesn't know what is happening right now.  Days 3 and 4 the children were at some friend's who had a boy younger than Parker, so Parker had toys to play with.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook