Switch to Forum Live View No Illegal Drugs in Winehouse Toxicology Report
3 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2011 - 4:56PM #1
rocketjsquirell
At least it wasn't the drugs that killed her. I donl't know whether that is any comfort for the family. What a shame, she was a great singer. 

No illegal drugs in Winehouse toxicology report

LONDON - Toxicology tests showed there was alcohol, but no illegal substances in British singer Amy Winehouse's system when she died last month aged 27, her spokesman said on Tuesday.

A  spokesman for Winehouse said, "Toxicology results returned to the  Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no  illegal substances in Amy's system at the time of her death. Results  indicate that alcohol was present but it cannot be determined as yet if  it played a role in her death."

full article:
www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/JewishNews/Art...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2011 - 5:32PM #2
DotNotInOz
Sadder still to think that she might've been intent upon staying clean only to die from something unexpected. And that young!
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2011 - 9:52PM #3
Mlyons619

Karen Carpenter had been anorexic and bulemic for years.  She had gotten treatment and had started gaining weight,  But her body had been so badly abused and heart severely strained from her years of anorexia, she died from heart failure anyway.

Likewise, Amy Winehouse may have been clean and sober at the end, but the years of alcohol and drug abuse caught up with her.  What a tragic waste of such a wonderful telent. 

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 3:17AM #4
DotNotInOz
My husband said he heard a report yesterday stating that a likely cause was the shock of withdrawal.

Just as there are prescription drugs that one must quit using gradually so as to give the body time to adjust, that's true as well for some illegal ones.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 9:39AM #5
Wanderingal

Dot--hi. I don't have cable so I don't see any of the "rehab" shws but right after Winehouse died Drew Pinksy was interviewed and he said much the same thing--that in cases of heavy use of drugs/alcohol it is often a situation where withdrawal should be done under suupervised conditions.

Her death is sad indeed--as her apparent addictions were.

And IMO none of us should feel superior to someone like Winehouse. Neuro-scientists tell us that almost all of us have recepotrs in our brains that would turn into addicitons if the "right" conditions occurred--IE--if we had the money and the drugs etc avilable to us.

It is the way we're made. Addiction is not a "sin" and addicts are not any more "weak-willed" than the rest of us who happen to be lucky enough not to have such substancs available to us.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2011 - 9:42PM #6
karbie

I had heard all the jokes about her before I had actually heard her sing. Why do people assume that it's okay to say horrible garbage and viciously ridicule someone just because they are a celebrity? The only difference there is that the people are getting paid to be bullies to someone who always seemed pretty fragile to me. Not all singers want to be stars or even know how to handle being "stars" when the buzz is positive. How much harder is it to be a walking international joke?

I'm glad for her family that they have proof that she'd gotten off heroin, although I doubt a single comic will ever make that part of a routine. Like Ricky Nelson--he didn't die from drugs, he died in a plane crash. Whether there were drugs in his system at the time is irrelevant because he wasn't the pilot.

At least her talents survive; that's what her parents have to hang on to.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 9:56PM #7
JoliverJOLLY

Aug 26, 2011 -- 4:56PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

At least it wasn't the drugs  that killed her. I donl't know whether that is any comfort for the  family. What a shame, she was a great singer. 

No illegal drugs in Winehouse toxicology report

LONDON - Toxicology tests showed there was alcohol, but no illegal substances in British singer Amy Winehouse's system when she died last month aged 27, her spokesman said on Tuesday.

A   spokesman for Winehouse said, "Toxicology results returned to the   Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no   illegal substances in Amy's system at the time of her death. Results   indicate that alcohol was present but it cannot be determined as yet if   it played a role in her death."

full article:
www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/JewishNews/Art...

I  find something very disturbing about this whole event, the papers have  been reporting that she had died from an over dose, almost instantly,  apparently her house was broken into and ransacked last week and all her  music stolen.

I suspect foul play, and think this should be taken as a murder enquiry, until proven otherwise.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook