Switch to Forum Live View When you gotta go, you gotta go
3 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2011 - 6:38PM #1
solfeggio
Is this a 'hot' topic?  I don't know.  Maybe.  But it piqued my interest all the same. 

Can famous people get away with outrageous acts simply because they are famous?  Gerard Depardieu seems to think so:

www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/19/us-de...

au.eonline.com/news/what_pisser_gerard_d...

The French actor urinated in the aisle of a plane just before takeoff after he was denied access to the toilet.  As might have been expected, takeoff was delayed.

So, was he drunk?  Or was he just being obstreperous? 

I've only seen him in one film, 'Green Card,' but if he is anything in real life like the wild and crazy guy he played, then I wouldn't find it surprising that he might pull a stunt like peeing in the aisle. 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2011 - 9:21PM #2
MMarcoe

He also stated once that women want to be raped.

You can't get away with stuff just because you're famous. This event will pass because it's not that bad; it'll just add a notch to his objectionability. It would be the same if he were not famous.

But if it were something really bad, then he'd be finished, famous or not.

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2011 - 12:07AM #3
Stardove

Anderson Cooper Loses It During Gerard Depardieu Segment (Video)

The CNN anchor can't stop giggling while making puns about Depardieu peeing in front of passengers on an airplane.

Anderson Cooper got a case of the giggles on CNN Wednesday night.

In a segment called "The RidicuList," Cooper couldn't contain his laughter.

I was watching Anderson Cooper the night he told this RidicuList story.  He laughs to the point of tears.  I had never seen Cooper break up like this.  There is a video at link, if you haven't seen it. I think it is great to see Cooper laugh so much.  Most of his reporting is so serious in nature.

One a more serious note here is another story:

Prostate problem made Depardieu pee on plane: friend

French actor Gerard Depardieu was humiliated and apologized to fellow passengers when prostate problems forced him to urinate in front of them during takeoff on an Air France flight this week, a friend said.

Don't know if I am buying this version, because normally prostate problems make going to pee harder (I think...not having the organ myself).  :-p

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2011 - 4:24AM #4
DotNotInOz
I suspect the key lies in the other passenger's observation that he "appeared to be drunk."

I'm not equipped with the gland either, but it wouldn't surprise me but that your ability to sense how badly you need to go is affected by prostate malfunction as I know it can be by urinary tract infections.

Then, too, years of habitual heavy drinking can also do that.

Wonder if Depardieu has seriously attempted an obvious course of action: QUIT DRINKING!
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2011 - 2:21PM #5
Mlyons619

Aug 21, 2011 -- 12:07AM, Stardove wrote:

Anderson Cooper Loses It During Gerard Depardieu Segment (Video)

The CNN anchor can't stop giggling while making puns about Depardieu peeing in front of passengers on an airplane.

Anderson Cooper got a case of the giggles on CNN Wednesday night.

In a segment called "The RidicuList," Cooper couldn't contain his laughter.

I was watching Anderson Cooper the night he told this RidicuList story.  He laughs to the point of tears.  I had never seen Cooper break up like this.  There is a video at link, if you haven't seen it. I think it is great to see Cooper laugh so much.  Most of his reporting is so serious in nature.

One a more serious note here is another story:

Prostate problem made Depardieu pee on plane: friend

French actor Gerard Depardieu was humiliated and apologized to fellow passengers when prostate problems forced him to urinate in front of them during takeoff on an Air France flight this week, a friend said.

Don't know if I am buying this version, because normally prostate problems make going to pee harder (I think...not having the organ myself).  :-p

Being a sufferer of an enlarged prostate, the condition also makes you urinate more frequently AND degrades your ability to "hold it."

Bottom line to all stewardesses:  when a passenger says he gotsta go, you'd best let him know where the bathroom is.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2011 - 11:10PM #6
mytmouse57

You can get away with quite a bit when you're famous, but even that goes only so far.

Check, Mel Gibson's career.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2011 - 11:16PM #7
rangerken

I had prostate cancer. Fortunately it was detected early and radiation treatments killed it. BUT, for over two years after the treatments were over I had a lot of trouble with having to urinate often, and badly. When flying I actually carried a plastic cup with a top in my carryon baggage just in case. I needed it a few times and when I did I was not the least bit apologetic. I simply explained to whomever was seated next to me that I'd had prostate cancer and this was a side effect of the treatment. I have not needed it in over four years. I still always carry it!

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2011 - 11:31PM #8
solfeggio

One would have assumed that Depardieu should have gone into the rest room and peed before the seat belt sign went on.  Or, like Ken, he should have been prepared with a bottle.

If Depardieu was drunk, of course, that changes things.

And, having read enough about him to have the idea that he was something of a boor and a lout, I wouldn't have been surprised if he was drunk when he boarded the plane.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 11:24PM #9
rangerken

This thread, which involves health and legal issues, can relate to any airline from any country, so it has been moved here from the Hot topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook