Switch to Forum Live View Anti corruption protests in India continue....
3 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2011 - 11:06PM #1
JoliverJOLLY

From Chanel four news

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz7nrig_-H4

The indian Pm has called it "black mail".

Personally if you live in a democracy and India is the biggest in the world, the people should be listened to.

You might notice from the film the protests are massive, and all the corruption appears to be stemming mainly from the business arena.

However I know from conversations with people, simple things in India are not always easy due to corruption and also I can speak from experience that the police will hasel people for money if they can.

Still that said, I still think India is the most Gorgous country I have ever had the good fortune to live in.

No one likes corruption, except those that benefit from it, and ultimately the people never do.

They certainly have my support.

I do ponder if a referendum might not be the answer?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2011 - 12:59AM #2
Wanderingal

According to the New York Times the leader of ths anti-corruption movement has been jailed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2011 - 9:27AM #3
JoliverJOLLY

Aug 18, 2011 -- 12:59AM, Wanderingal wrote:

According to the New York Times the leader of ths anti-corruption movement has been jailed.

According to the chanel four report they let him go, or tried to release him but he refused to leave prison, unless allow to continue his hunger strike.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2011 - 9:49AM #4
Erey

I have not been to India but like most of us I have plenty of Indian friends.  They say the corruption in India and Pakistan is one of the main problems in the society and is keeping too many people down.   So I hope they are going to be able to effect changes without too much jail and bloodshed. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2011 - 10:57AM #5
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook