Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

 
Post Reply
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Christian fundamentalists: the national threat
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2011 - 4:00PM #11
Sacrificialgoddess
Posts: 9,496

Aug 8, 2011 -- 1:35PM, davelaw40 wrote:


He is a self-described reconstucted Templar Knight


His rants bare absolutely no resemblance to the 5 Fundamentals that describe a Christian Fundamentalist




Yeah, I really didn't understand that bit. The guy is loony tunes. His rants bear no resemblance to any sort of coherent argument whatsoever.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 27, 2011 - 1:56PM #12
Roodog
Posts: 10,168

A Christian Fundamentalist will give you a head ache but he will not lop your head off.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2011 - 8:26PM #13
Sacrificialgoddess
Posts: 9,496
People are people. Some Christian Fundamentalists out there likely have no problem with murdering those who disagree with them. When talking about people, the No True Scotsman defense is doomed to fail.
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2011 - 2:48AM #14
Roodog
Posts: 10,168

Oct 1, 2011 -- 8:26PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

People are people. Some Christian Fundamentalists out there likely have no problem with murdering those who disagree with them. When talking about people, the No True Scotsman defense is doomed to fail.




No Christian Fundamentalist I know is that murderous. They leave the punishment of unbelievers up to God, and rightfully so. No Baptist will strap a harness of Simtex to himself and most definitely will not booby trap their own kids.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2011 - 10:34AM #15
TPaine
Posts: 10,308

Oct 8, 2011 -- 2:48AM, Roodog wrote:


Oct 1, 2011 -- 8:26PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

People are people. Some Christian Fundamentalists out there likely have no problem with murdering those who disagree with them. When talking about people, the No True Scotsman defense is doomed to fail.




No Christian Fundamentalist I know is that murderous. They leave the punishment of unbelievers up to God, and rightfully so. No Baptist will strap a harness of Simtex to himself and most definitely will not booby trap their own kids.



However, the "Reverend" Donald Spitz and his Army of God considers murderers such as Scott Roeder, Paul Hill, James Charles Kopp, John Salvi III, Michael F. Griffin, and Eric Robert Rudolph (the Atlanta Centennial Olympic Park bomber) to be American heroes.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture."-- Thomas Paine: The Crisis No. V (March 21, 1778)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2011 - 1:16PM #16
amcolph
Posts: 20,246

Oct 8, 2011 -- 10:34AM, TPaine wrote:


Oct 8, 2011 -- 2:48AM, Roodog wrote:


Oct 1, 2011 -- 8:26PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

People are people. Some Christian Fundamentalists out there likely have no problem with murdering those who disagree with them. When talking about people, the No True Scotsman defense is doomed to fail.




No Christian Fundamentalist I know is that murderous. They leave the punishment of unbelievers up to God, and rightfully so. No Baptist will strap a harness of Simtex to himself and most definitely will not booby trap their own kids.



However, the "Reverend" Donald Spitz and his Army of God considers murderers such as Scott Roeder, Paul Hill, James Charles Kopp, John Salvi III, Michael F. Griffin, and Eric Robert Rudolph (the Atlanta Centennial Olympic Park bomber) to be American heroes.




And it was Pat Robertson--well known leader of the Christian Right--who called for the assasination of the President of Venezuala and other foreign leaders of whom Fundamentalists disapprove

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2011 - 11:48PM #17
Roodog
Posts: 10,168

Oct 8, 2011 -- 1:16PM, amcolph wrote:


Oct 8, 2011 -- 10:34AM, TPaine wrote:


Oct 8, 2011 -- 2:48AM, Roodog wrote:


Oct 1, 2011 -- 8:26PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

People are people. Some Christian Fundamentalists out there likely have no problem with murdering those who disagree with them. When talking about people, the No True Scotsman defense is doomed to fail.




No Christian Fundamentalist I know is that murderous. They leave the punishment of unbelievers up to God, and rightfully so. No Baptist will strap a harness of Simtex to himself and most definitely will not booby trap their own kids.



However, the "Reverend" Donald Spitz and his Army of God considers murderers such as Scott Roeder, Paul Hill, James Charles Kopp, John Salvi III, Michael F. Griffin, and Eric Robert Rudolph (the Atlanta Centennial Olympic Park bomber) to be American heroes.




And it was Pat Robertson--well known leader of the Christian Right--who called for the assasination of the President of Venezuala and other foreign leaders of whom Fundamentalists disapprove





Yet that has no religious connection to whatsoever, the assassination was called for for political and military reasons. I for one would rather have a political leader assassinated  than to have to go to war against his country, an assassination is much neater than a war for both sides.


You can say and write whatsoever you wish against Christ, the Gospel and the Church without any fear of having the Pope or Billy Graham putting a price on your head. In Islam there are still writers and artists in hiding because of Fatwas being issued against them by the Muslim Clerics.


Christian Fundamentalism is a completely different game than its Muslim counterpart.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2011 - 9:10AM #18
amcolph
Posts: 20,246

Oct 12, 2011 -- 11:48PM, Roodog wrote:


Yet that has no religious connection to whatsoever, the assassination  was called for for political and military reasons. I for one would  rather have a political leader assassinated  than to have to go to war  against his country, an assassination is much neater than a war for both  sides.



Why would you want to do either?  Because Pat Robertson issued a Fatwa against a 'godless communist' which you claim is entirely non-religious?  What a Joke.


You can say and write whatsoever you wish against  Christ, the Gospel and the Church without any fear of having the Pope or  Billy Graham putting a price on your head.



But if I say anything against the inerrancy of scripture in Alabama I am liable to have the crap beaten out of me.



Christian Fundamentalism is a completely different game than its Muslim counterpart.




Try telling that fairy tale to someone who hasn't lived in the Bible Belt.  The only reason Christian fundamentalism appears to be less violent than Islamic fundamentalism is the liberal cultural context in which it is imbedded, which keeps its worst tendencies in check.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2011 - 3:09PM #19
Do_unto_others
Posts: 11,942

Sep 27, 2011 -- 1:56PM, Roodog wrote:


A Christian Fundamentalist will give you a head ache but he will not lop your head off.





Here in Canada, a case went before our Supreme Court yesterday, regarding a "Christian" who's 'literature' includes these 'Christiany' words:


"God wants you dead.


Kill the homosexual. Kill the homosexual.


Kill the homosexual. Kill the homosexual.


Kill the homosexual. Kill the homosexual. Kill the homosexual."


This is why I do not believe your claim.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2011 - 3:10PM #20
Do_unto_others
Posts: 11,942

Oct 8, 2011 -- 2:48AM, Roodog wrote:


No Christian Fundamentalist I know is that murderous.




I suggest you get to know a few then. You could start with Fred Phelps.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook