Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 3:05PM #1
Merope
AgnosticSpirit, who was a host and very vital part of this board for a long time, died yesterday morning.  Two weeks ago, she discovered she had lung cancer. It spread to her lungs and shoulder.

Her co-hosts here - Drawout, MarySara, and RangerKen - all mourn the loss of their colleague and friend.  She lives on in our hearts, minds, and memories.

Our hearts go out to her mother, as well.

May she rest in peace and may her spirit remain with all of us.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 6:45PM #2
Wanderingal

Jul 21, 2011 -- 3:05PM, Merope wrote:

AgnosticSpirit, who was a host and very vital part of this board for a long time, died yesterday morning.  Two weeks ago, she discovered she had lung cancer. It spread to her lungs and shoulder.

Her co-hosts here - Drawout, MarySara, and RangerKen - all mourn the loss of their colleague and friend.  She lives on in our hearts, minds, and memories.

Our hearts go out to her mother, as well.

May she rest in peace and may her spirit remain with all of us.

That is such sad news!

Thank you for letting us know.

Sending thoughts and prayers for her and all her loved ones.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 6:59PM #3
MSaraTemp

So shocked to hear this very sad, sad news. :(

AGSpirit was a kindred spirit.

I'm so sad I can't even type straight.

RIP my sweet Co-Host.  I'll always remember you for so many things here on Bnet and with our personal lives with the many things we shared in common.

Love your sister in name*
and Co-Host
MS

*AgS knows what I mean*

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 7:27PM #4
Mlyons619

It is with great sorrow and regret that I read Merope's post regarding Agnosticspirit's passing

She was a friend and colleage as a fellow moderator on this board.  She remained a friend after I gave up my moderatorship last year.  I will miss her wit and her insight.

Realizing AS was not a religious person (although she was spiritual) I am offering my prayers that the LORD receives her soul, and that He sends His Healing Spirit to her family.

We will miss you Agnosticspirit - very much.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 8:14PM #5
catboxer

This is extremely sad news, a thunderbolt.

Thank you, Merope, for telling us.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 8:29PM #6
Father_Oblivion

Thank you for posting this Merope.

I simply don't know what to say, as I consider that I won't read her insightful posts responding to wingnuttery with logic, integrity and consistancy any more.

My heart goes out to her and her family, and I will say a prayer for her at dawn.

The important thing to remember about American history is that it is fictional, a charcoal-sketched simplicity for the children or the easily bored. For the most part it is uninspected, unimagined, unthought, a representative of the thing and not the thing itself. It is a fine fiction...
Neil Gaiman
'American Gods'

‎"Ignorance of ignorance, then, is that self-satisfied state of unawareness in which man, knowing nothing outside the limited area of his physical senses, bumptiously declares there is nothing more to know! He who knows no life save the physical is merely ignorant; but he who declares physical life to be all-important and elevates it to the position of supreme reality--such a one is ignorant of his own ignorance."
- Manly Palmer Hall
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 9:02PM #7
rabello
Yeah, it is unbelieveable and very sad.

Thank you, Agnosticspirit, for your friendship, your support, your compliments, your wisdom, your courage to share so much of yourself.

Your time on this earth was cut short, may you be at peace where you are now.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 11:56PM #8
TENAC

Wow.

Just wow.

Prayers go out....

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2011 - 12:17AM #9
k-bearsmom

Precious, beautiful lady in heart and spirit...we will miss you and I will miss our 'private' conversings.

Brilliant, wise, compassionate,discerning and liberal ! ! ! !...PRICELESS!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2011 - 10:31AM #10
Cesmom

Wow.  Thank you for sharing this news.  It's so incredibly sad.

I always enjoyed her posts and had a great deal of respect for what she had to say.  She will be very missed.

My heart goes out to her family.  I am grateful she's no longer in pain.

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook