Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Swiss party ad features Jewish doll (with an arrow shot into in its head)
3 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2011 - 1:27PM #1
rocketjsquirell

Chari,

Could you please explain this one?
I understand that this is the work of a minority political party, but don't you think it crosses the line? Don''t you think it might, just might, be indicative of something ?

Swiss party ad features Jewish doll

Jewish  community outraged: Anti-Semitic group in Geneva distributes ad for  independence day party showing doll wearing yarmulke with arrow on its  head, Israeli flag painted on

Ads promoting an independence party in Geneva  featured a doll of a man wearing a yarmulke with an arrow in its head  and an Israeli flag painted on it, Swiss media reported Friday.

According to Swiss reports, a local anti-Semitic and anti-Israel  group, the GNC, is behind the ad. Last week, a Swiss politician called  for a ban on products made in Israel.

. . .

A GNC member claimed the ad was directed  against the Israeli government, but Dreyfus rejected his claims saying,  "Sadly the arrow on the forehead does not leave a shadow of a doubt."  Jewish groups are now considering a lawsuit against the GNC.

full article:
www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-40898...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2011 - 5:11PM #2
CharikIeia

Jul 1, 2011 -- 1:27PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Chari, Could you please explain this one?

No. I have never been to Geneva.

They don't report on Swiss local parties in municipal city elections in the news here. I guess you really need to be subscribed to some dedicated newswire to get all this info.

Switzerland is weird in many aspects.

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2011 - 5:28PM #3
rocketjsquirell

Jul 1, 2011 -- 5:11PM, CharikIeia wrote:

They don't report on Swiss local parties in municipal city elections in the news here. I guess you really need to be subscribed to some dedicated newswire to get all this info.

Chari

Thanks. Maybe somebody will know what is going on. Until then, I am hoping that this is just one of those looney fringe groups. We have them here.

Ynet news is an Israeli news service which is to the left of the Jerusalem Post and to the right of Haaretz, which makes it sort of middle of the road. No subscription is necessary. It can be found at www.ynetnews.com. Like most Israeli news services and most general Jewish news services, stories of interest to the Jewish community and which effect the Jewish community are generally picked up no matter where they originate.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2011 - 5:57PM #4
Roodog

Jul 1, 2011 -- 5:11PM, CharikIeia wrote:

Is it 1945 yet?

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2011 - 6:00PM #5
CharikIeia

Sleep well, old friend!

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2011 - 11:42PM #6
Ebon

Jul 1, 2011 -- 5:28PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Until then, I am hoping that this is just one of those looney fringe groups.

I just had a quick poke around Google and Lexis. Based on some comments from a well-known white supremacist board (I won't link, it's the one with the initials SW), they seem to be exactly that: A lunatic fringe bunch of white supremacists.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2011 - 11:50PM #7
Paravani

Chari,

Could you please explain this one?

Yes, it crosses the line.

The French translates (loosely) as:

Save Switzerland...  Aim true! 

The first of August, at Bazinga ONC 

info: gnc@hotmail.ch

Concerts, barbecue, beer, and more

Yeah, I'd say there's a strong implication that everyone should kill a Jew on the day of the party, then get together to celebrate.

Love,

-- Claudia

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2011 - 12:24AM #8
LeahOne

There's no particular reason why the Swiss should be immune from the disease of the soul known as anti-semitism.

But yes, it's disgusting.  I'm surprised that the ad was 'published' - but I guess they have different laws in Europe?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2011 - 12:38AM #9
Ebon

Depends on the nation. Here (England), it would be banned under the Race/Religion Relations Acts but presumably, Switzerland has different legal standards.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2011 - 2:00PM #10
rocketjsquirell

Jul 1, 2011 -- 11:42PM, Ebon wrote:

Jul 1, 2011 -- 5:28PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Until then, I am hoping that this is just one of those looney fringe groups.

I just had a quick poke around Google and Lexis. Based on some comments from a well-known white supremacist board (I won't link, it's the one with the initials SW), they seem to be exactly that: A lunatic fringe bunch of white supremacists.

Thanks Ebon

I knew someone would be able to find out something about these people. It is good to know that they are just the lunatic fringe. It is still worrisome, but less alarming

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook