Page 63 of 68  •  Prev 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 68 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Gaza bound flotilla set to leave Greece
3 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2011 - 10:21AM #621
SherriMunnerlyn
Gideon Levy, an Israeli person of conscience, wrote in the June 30 edition of Haaretz, "We have become a society whose language is violence, a country that seeks to reslove nearly everything by force, and only by force." So, the Flotilla was met by Isael with a hasbara campaign to attack the 10 ships of unarmed activists, with Israeli newspapers lobbing outlandish charges that the fLotilla was carrying chemical weapons and planning violence, all lies. All Israel can do is lie, I expect every Palestinian thanks God every day of their lives they were not born an Israeli Occupier and do not have to confront living every day of their lives knowing they are slaughterers of the innocent, what their Occupiers have become. They retain their basic human dignity and self respect. Thank you, God, for this Blessing.  Sherri
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2011 - 11:20AM #622
Mlyons619

... I expect every Palestinian thanks God every day of their lives they were not born an Israeli Occupier and do not have to confront living every day of their lives knowing they are slaughterers of the innocent, what their Occupiers have become. They retain their basic human dignity and self respect. Thank you, God, for this Blessing.  Sherri...

You provided no link, so if's difficult to ascertain where Levy's words leave off and your's start.  So every man, woman and child born in Israel is an "occupier" is worthy of the hate, contempt, and wrath of any Palestinian terrorist , is that it?

Levy, in this entire emotional storm also forgot that the blockade is NOT stopping legitimate humanitarian supplies. 

In any event, the ships of this Gaza Flotilla II were small passenger ships and yachts and not cargo vessels, and carried very little actual in humanitarian supplies - unless you're calling all that vociferous support from all those activists onboard "supplies" - and Gaza, I don't believe, is suffering from any shortage of hot air...

Moderated by rangerken on Jul 23, 2011 - 10:02PM
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2011 - 12:24PM #623
SherriMunnerlyn

mlyons619,

The Blockade most certainly is stopping humanitarian assistance entering Gaza, tens of thousands remain homeless. And Israel continues to block construction material to rebuild homes and schools from entering Gaza.

The Flotilla carried little construction material, but there was some cement they tried to carry to Gaza, that Israel kept out.

The Flotilla was aimed at lifting the illegal Blockade.

As it, that ILLEGAL BLOCKADE, is still in place, I expect those ships to keep coming, filling the people with hope and showing solidarity to the people of Gaza and Palestine.

Sherri

Moderated by Stardove on Jul 25, 2011 - 07:15PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2011 - 7:00PM #624
Mlyons619

Jul 25, 2011 -- 12:24PM, SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

The Blockade most certainly is stopping humanitarian assistance entering Gaza, tens of thousands remain homeless. And Israel continues to block construction material to rebuild homes and schools from entering Gaza.

Yes, construction materials that can be used to make weapons bunkers, etc.,  And yes, home, etc. were destroyed, because Hamas continies to illegally use apartments, hopsitals, etc, to store weapons, site rocket launchers, use as ambush sites, etc., contrary to the 4th Geneva Protocal, as we have already discussed. 

The FLOPtilla failed because, it seems, most of Europe recognized the Gaza Blockde as LEGAL and attempts at running the blockade as ILLEGAL.

As it, that ILLEGAL BLOCKADE, is still in place, I expect those ships to keep coming, filling the people with hope and showing solidarity to the people of Gaza and Palestine.

Yes, the are no shortage of "useful idiots" who've swallowed the Hamas koolaid.  But neither is the INDF going away AND it looks like the rest of Europe will continue to block attempts by "useful idiot" to blockade run.

I also expect that when the the Report to the UN Secretary General regarding last year's Gaza Flotilla comes out, declaring the blockade LEGAL, it will be harder than ever for "useful idiots" to attempt such provocations.

Moderated by Stardove on Jul 25, 2011 - 07:18PM
            --Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2011 - 2:56AM #625
arabianwitch

SherriMunnerlyn, I suppose that the US Army War College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, the US Navy War College in Newport, Rhode Island, and the US Army Command and General Staff School at Fort Leavanworth, Kansas might be wrong, but all three teach that the Israeli blockade is entirely legal. I only know about the Naval war College second hand, but my husband and I are both graduates of the CGS Scool and my husband, Hassan is a gradualte of the Army War College, where I hope to go in the not too distant future. I have never understood why you keep on posting things you have to know are not true. Wishing for something to be true doesn't make it true you know.

Prayer may help, however, but in this case I think Allah is not on the side of the Palestinians, at least not as long as they put up with Hamas. Insh'Allah that will change, and soon I hope.

I've read your messages for years, SherriMunnerlyn, and you seem like a good hearted woman. So I can't help wondering how you can possibly support Hamas, which is what you do and not at all in a subtle way.

Salaam,

Aisha

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 5:09PM #626
SherriMunnerlyn

Palestinians are human beings with human rights, too, with a right to live in houses, go to school, a right to rebuild houses and schools and other infrastructure Israel deliberately and illegally destroyed. Sherri

Moderated by rangerken on Jul 27, 2011 - 05:52PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 5:24PM #627
Mlyons619

Sherri, did not the UN-sanctioned Goldstone Report address "war crimes" committed not only by Israel, but by Hamas as well. 

Did not Judge Goldstone acknowledge that the nation Israel had not committed war crimes, but rather individuals, and that those individuals were being investigated (and some prosecuted) by Israel? 

Did not Goldstone also note that Hamas had not followed up on ANY war crimes charges - not ONE?

But, again, we're talking CAST LEAD, which is not the topic here.

The topic is the recent FLOPtilla.  Both Arabianwitch and I have posted to that subject.  Care to address them?

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 6:41PM #628
LeahOne

Jul 27, 2011 -- 5:09PM, SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

Palestinians are human beings with human rights, too, with a right to live in houses, go to school, a right to rebuild houses and schools and other infrastructure Israel deliberately and illegally destroyed. Sherri

Nobody here has ever denied that 'Palestinians are people, too.'  That's never been a problem:  it's not the Israelis claiming anyone is descended from 'pigs and monkeys'!  (Those would be the HAMAS 'religious advisors'....)

There *IS* a problem, a huge one, with the claims you make of Israel deliberately destroying infrastructure 'illegally'.  A charge that serious should have some back-up or basis....all you have shown anyone is the OPINIONS of extremist bloggers who insist that pretty much nothing Israel does is ever 'legal' .

Israel had - and has! - every legal right to bomb the coordinates from which rockets are launced to kill and maim her citizens from Gaza.  Even if those coordinates are a school, an orphanage or a hospital:  the residents have lost their 'protected' status.  

And NO, it doesn't matter to the law how ineffective at killing Israelis those rockets remain.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 7:11PM #629
SherriMunnerlyn

Jul 25, 2011 -- 7:00PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Yes, construction materials that can be used to make weapons bunkers, etc.,  And yes, home, etc. were destroyed, because Hamas continies to illegally use apartments, hopsitals, etc, to store weapons, site rocket launchers, use as ambush sites, etc., contrary to the 4th Geneva Protocal, as we have already discussed. 

The FLOPtilla failed because, it seems, most of Europe recognized the Gaza Blockde as LEGAL and attempts at running the blockade as ILLEGAL.

Yes, the are no shortage of "useful idiots" who've swallowed the Hamas koolaid.  But neither is the INDF going away AND it looks like the rest of Europe will continue to block attempts by "useful idiot" to blockade run.

I also expect that when the the Report to the UN Secretary General regarding last year's Gaza Flotilla comes out, declaring the blockade LEGAL, it will be harder than ever for "useful idiots" to attempt such provocations.

mlyons619, The Fourth Geneva Convention makes collective punishment of a civilian population illegal. Deliberately punishing civilians and children, over 850,000 children, in Gaza,  by depriving them intentionally of a home to live in and schools to attend and  mosques and churches to pray in and hospitals to receive meditcal care  in, all acts Israel carries out deliberately in their illegal BLOCKADE of Gaza,  by their deliberate bombing of tens of thousands of  civilian houses and dozens of schools and churches and mosques and hospitals and then refusing to let in construction materials to rebuild infrastructure and homes and schools and  mosques and churches and hospitals, all of these CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY need to END. AND THE FLOTILLAS filled with people of conscience  from all over our planet will keep coming to Gaza, flooding the waters with their boats and their  visions of human rights for all in Palestine until the ILLEGAL BLOCKADE  is lifted. Sherri

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 7:20PM #630
Mlyons619

Again, Sherri, there IS no "Occupation."

The UNHRC does not rule the World.

Nor does the UNHRC have the FINAL SAY on anything, as evidenced by the fact that the UN-Secretary General has commissioned the "Palmer Report."

The blockade is legal.

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 63 of 68  •  Prev 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 68 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook