3 years ago  ::  May 19, 2011 - 7:31PM #1
REteach
Yes, the CDC has information on how to prepare for a Zombie Apocalypse!  They are willing to send medical teams and first responders (using tax dollars of course!) if your town is striken by a brain eating zombie invasion.  
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 19, 2011 - 10:14PM #2
JohnQ

May 19, 2011 -- 7:31PM, REteach wrote:

Yes, the CDC has information on how to prepare for a Zombie Apocalypse!  They are willing to send medical teams and first responders (using tax dollars of course!) if your town is striken by a brain eating zombie invasion.  

Love it!

Peace!                 
------

Christian LIES wed Christian HATE......Begot a child....it’s named Prop 8! 

Supreme Court let it stand.....which means we can vote away the rights of others in our land.

Sad as that may be...it hurts all of us.....not just me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 20, 2011 - 7:46AM #3
REteach

I might have to look up the article on Ataxic Neurodegenerative Satiety Deficiency Syndrome...

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 20, 2011 - 10:04AM #4
Paravani

Hi, All!

May 19, 2011 -- 7:31PM, REteach wrote:

Kudos to the CDC for a brilliant advertising campaign!  Can you think of a better way to get the younger generation interested in what the CDC does?

;-D

Love,

-- Claudia

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 20, 2011 - 10:44AM #5
TPaine

Hopefully, it will teach people who normally wouldn't bother to visit an emergency preparedness site what they should do if a real emergency happened.

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 20, 2011 - 5:28PM #6
REteach

I thought it was pretty clever, too.  I need to get my bag together.  I shouldn't have any excuses cuz I got roped into being on the hospital disaster committee. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 26, 2011 - 1:13PM #7
John_T_Mainer

Don't knock the Zombie Apocalypse!  People will not put in the time to prepare for earthquakes, floods, pandemics or any other serious natural disaster, but they will game out scenarios about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse.  Well, good.

Anything that gets people thinking about what to do in a survival situation, and learning to recognize what they have on hand, or will soon have on hand because they want to say they are ready for the Zombies, will leave them prepared for the bad things that do invevitably come up. We know it won't be a Zombie Apocalypse, but we also suspect that the survival of many from the next natural disaster will be owed to thinking about Zombies.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 26, 2011 - 2:33PM #8
Ebon

The CDC have used zombie outbreaks for years as a planning tool. It's just an amusing way to work out infection vectors for a single-outbreak, high-contagion disease. The British (and American, IIRC) military uses zomebie plague to plan for certain kinds of emergency for much the same reason.

I have everything listed on the site in either my office or my kitchen.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2011 - 7:07PM #9
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics zone. It might not belong here. But since we don't have a 'totally ludicrous, ridiculous, absurd, but possibly funny forum' on Beliefnet, I decided to stick this here.

Rangerken

Conservative, Libertarian, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2011 - 8:13AM #10
watcher59

I have to add my kudos. When I first heard it I was aghast (perhaps aghoul). After further investigation, I had to chuckle. I agree it's a clever use of the absurd to communicate important info. That's two good things from the Obama administration.

How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook