Page 1 of 57  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 57 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Usama Bin Laden confirmed dead!
3 years ago  ::  May 01, 2011 - 10:53PM #1
Grinandbearit

USA has his body

This is breaking news!  He was killed a week ago by one of our missiles. They waited to announce it until they could verify his DNA.

1Co 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 3:19  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 01, 2011 - 11:11PM #2
jane2

May 1, 2011 -- 10:53PM, Grinandbearit wrote:

USA has his body

This is breaking news!  He was killed a week ago by one of our missiles. They waited to announce it until they could verify his DNA.

Thanks for the heads-up, G&B.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 01, 2011 - 11:27PM #3
solfeggio

Oh, right.  No more bin Laden to hate anymore.

So, does this mean, then, that the Americans can stop fighting the so-called 'war on terror' and pull out of Afghanistan and/or Iraq?

Or, will somebody else now be designated chief terrorist and a threat to the American 'way of life'?

Well, you could always go back to hating the Russians again.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 01, 2011 - 11:43PM #4
rabello

Did not the president just say he was killed today?  Where does the last week thing come from?   What I'm wondering how much "collateral damage" was required to get this one head?  We'll never know; we don't count the dead in Afghanistan or Pakistan.  

We shall see, solfeggio...but we won't go back to hating Russians.  That'll continue to be Muslims or the "m-f'ing" Chinese (the "m-fing" courtesy of Republican Donald Trump)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 01, 2011 - 11:47PM #5
rangerken

We got him...and on the ground...good speech by Obama...way to go JSOC!

I'm opening a bottle of wine to celebrate!

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 01, 2011 - 11:47PM #6
jane2

May 1, 2011 -- 11:27PM, solfeggio wrote:

So, does this mean, then, that the Americans can stop fighting the so-called 'war on terror' and pull out of Afghanistan and/or Iraq?

Or, will somebody else now be designated chief terrorist and a threat to the American 'way of life'?

Solf

This is unnecesarily nasty and you know it. Be safe in your little island country.

Jane

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 01, 2011 - 11:55PM #7
Lonesentinel

May 1, 2011 -- 11:47PM, jane2 wrote:

May 1, 2011 -- 11:27PM, solfeggio wrote:

Solf

This is unnecesarily nasty and you know it. Be safe in your little island country.

Jane

Jane, I know you are too much a ...gentlewoman (is that the word im looking for?) to say it to Solf.  But lets just sit back and celebrate with a beer and a nice thick cut of ribeye - the American way!

...and hopefully we can also talk about getting out of Afghanistan VERY soon.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 01, 2011 - 11:59PM #8
Stardove

From OP link:

"A small team of Americans carried out the operation," Obama said.  "After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his  body."

Osama bin Laden killed at a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, after a firefight, President Obama said Sunday.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 02, 2011 - 12:00AM #9
TemplarS

May 1, 2011 -- 11:47PM, rangerken wrote:

Ken

I'm with ya!

You and I can share a toast to his demise-

and, oh yeah, send a bottle to Solf to ease her suffering at this great tragedy...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 02, 2011 - 12:06AM #10
Girlchristian

May 1, 2011 -- 11:47PM, rangerken wrote:

Ken

Agree, it was a good speech by Obama and it is something to celebrate!

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 57  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 57 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook