Page 35 of 40  •  Prev 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 40 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: The Fate of Christians in the Middle East
3 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2011 - 9:29AM #341
LeahOne

Ricky:  your 'source' there is a MICRO- minority (I think it was 5,000 people get their newsletter) fringe group which I'll bet nobody reading here has ever heard of before.

They ALSO have their particular axe to grind - and that should be noted when assessing the size of the 'grain of salt' to be taken with their words.  In this case, I'd say about compact-car size....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 8:04AM #342
Ricky

Aug 24, 2011 -- 9:29AM, LeahOne wrote:

Ricky:  your 'source' there is a MICRO- minority (I think it was 5,000 people get their newsletter) fringe group which I'll bet nobody reading here has ever heard of before.

They ALSO have their particular axe to grind - and that should be noted when assessing the size of the 'grain of salt' to be taken with their words.  In this case, I'd say about compact-car size....

Every minority group deserves to have its claims heard, especially when it readily proves its claims.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 9:51AM #343
LeahOne

So, Ricky - every microscopic subset of a group is to be labelled a 'minority' and by some magic their POV is thus sacrosanct?

I'm sure the 'minority' of Christendom calling itself 'Christian Identity' and 'Shepherd's Chapel' and suchlike are all grateful to you for that generous view....

But they no more than your latest favorite poster children have 'proven' anything.  Except that they are tiny little fringe groups and far far from the mainstream - which is where they stay.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 11:56AM #344
SherriMunnerlyn

Aug 27, 2011 -- 9:51AM, LeahOne wrote:

So, Ricky - every microscopic subset of a group is to be labelled a 'minority' and by some magic their POV is thus sacrosanct?

I'm sure the 'minority' of Christendom calling itself 'Christian Identity' and 'Shepherd's Chapel' and suchlike are all grateful to you for that generous view....

But they no more than your latest favorite poster children have 'proven' anything.  Except that they are tiny little fringe group s and far far from the mainstream - which is where they stay.

Israel's discrimination against nonJews, including Christians and human rights groups  speaking against the Occupation,  inside Israel and in the OPT is comon knowledge, regularly reported by all of the human rights groups. The US State Department even documents it in yearly reports. This is widely known Facts, nothing fringe about it. There was even recent legislation proposed in the Knesset to go after human rights groups in Israel addressing human rights abuses of Israel. The AntiBoycott bill is itself discrimination against human rights groups and an attack on free speech.

Sherri

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Aug 27, 2011 - 12:58PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 12:33PM #345
LeahOne

Sherri, I am not posting lies. 

If you don't understand that such discrimination and violations of rights are AGAINST Israeli law, I can't help that.

What's 'reported' isn't automatically fact.

The FACT is, there is NOTHING in Israeli law which states that Arabs or Muslims or anyone has any more or less rights than anyone else under the law.

Show me where it's written otherwise in Israeli law - as you have claimed!  - and I'll concede I was mistaken.

And FYI:  I am not a liar nor do I post lies.  You, OTOH, have alleged that Israeli law promotes discrimination:  now it's up to you to furnish the 'proof', from Israeli law. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 12:35PM #346
LeahOne

FYI, Sherri - *proposed* legislation is not the same as law.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 8:43PM #347
SherriMunnerlyn

Aug 27, 2011 -- 12:35PM, LeahOne wrote:

FYI, Sherri - *proposed* legislation is not the same as law.

[/quote                                                                                                                                                                                             LeahOne, The AntiBoycott law is legislation, that attacks free speech and is aimed to hinder acts of human rights groups, as it addreses speech of some and not others it is also a discriminatory law. As far as laws discriminating based on religion, I am not aware of any written laws of any nations in the Middle East  that outright do that. In practice, many nations do discriminate against minority groups, and much of the discrimination is religiously based. We see extreme discrimination against Bahais and Suffis and lesser forms of discrimination against Christians and Jews in Iran, like prohibiting them from holding certain government offices. In Israel, there is discrimination against nonJews, such as different rules for military service, and denial of priviliges and rights that Jews have. Sherri]

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 9:57PM #348
JAstor

Sherri, your attempts to hijack this thread into one of your anti-Israel distortions is predictable. It is expected from people operating from a position of hatred.

Nevertheless, despite your attemps everyone knows that the real threat to Christians in the Middle East is from Islamists, not Israel.

Live with your hatred, if that is what you choose. But know that you are in the minority because your views clash with the facts.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 10:04PM #349
LeahOne

Sherri, I don't agree with you that legislating against support for a boycott against the nation is 'interfering with free speech':  there are limits on free speech, and I don't see where another nation is obligated to give that much latitude.  Especially where it involves the BDS attempts to harm the nation's economy and businesses.

I guess most people imagine that 'BDS' is only affecting some 'rich folks', 'investors' - well that's not true.  Plenty of people on fized incomes are being hurt, and working families as well.  When you go after the economy of a democracy, that's what happens.

But it feels good to fantasize about 'striking back at the oppressors' - never mind the fact that most Israelis are no different from anyone else, not interested in 'oppressing' anyone, just trying to live their lives and look after their families.

I realize that the BDS fans don't want to see that.  But that IS the truth:  BDS hurts human beings who are very bit as real and decent as the fine folks who dreamed up the whole scheme.  Particularly the darling 'intellectuals' who want to punish Israeli scientists and scholars for what they imagine the Israeli government is doing.

Do you really approve of refusing to allow people to attend professional conferences because someone thinks their government has unfair policies?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 10:09PM #350
LeahOne

"In Israel, there is discrimination against nonJews, such as different rules for military service, and denial of priviliges and rights that Jews have."

I am pretty certain that this is completely factually INcorrect.  I think this is nonsense which is yet one more maunfactured 'complaint' which relies on distortion and misrepresentation.

Let's just wait, shall we, for Habesor or someone who actually *knows* what laws you alluded to.....and knows what the actual laws are.  Since you haven't cited any specific law - I am going to assume this is just more from one of the very biased blogs you quote.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 35 of 40  •  Prev 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 40 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook