Page 3 of 21  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Palestinians’ mistake in seeking statehood from the U.N.
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 10:36AM #21
SherriMunnerlyn

LeahOne,

When I see images of the charred bodies of dead children and read the words of a woman in Gaza telling of how she watched her children burn to death in front of her after being attacked with white phosphorous weapons by Israel, it is really hard for me to feel sympathy for Israel. It is impossible for me to look away and pretend this is not happening. Truth will always come into the light, I think of the people proclaiming it before me, the Prophets, Jesus, Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Jr, Juliano Mer Khamis, his Jewish mother Arna, Rami Ayyad, humananitarian aid providers and workers,human rights workers. They all faced hostility, adversity, danger, attempts to conceal the truth from being revealed. I do not see the allure of the covering up of dirt and injustice, I am not drawn there. I find it disgusting and revolting, actually.

The UN, the Intl Court of Justice, human rights groups like Amnesty, Human Rights Watch, Btselem, the International Red Cross, NGO's, journalists, ordinary civilians in Palestine, they all write of and speak of and analyze intl law and report on the daily atrocities of the ongoing 40+ year Israeli Occupation of the OPT of the West Bank, East Jerusalem,and Gaza. I choose to believe the words they write, the reports they prepare that document all they see there, and respect the findings of intl law of the highest intl court in our world.

Sherri

Moderated by Stardove on Apr 19, 2011 - 12:56PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 11:24AM #22
SherriMunnerlyn

Apr 19, 2011 -- 8:54AM, LeahOne wrote:

Apr 19, 2011 -- 8:37AM, SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

Rangerken, Some of us really are way beyond this us versus them thinking. My ideas about the conflict are guided by supporting freedom and justice for living human beings suffering under oppression, and supporting the principles of intl law. I refuse to side with oppressors and refuse to support or defend their acts of oppression, and it does not matter whose tribe the oppressors belong to. And the links are to United Nations documents, I refuse to see the UN as my enemy or their work they do as biased or unjust. I am not saying it is a perfect system, but if there are problems we need to fix them not tear down the intl system we have. Sherri

Honestly, Sherri - All that your burbling above contains by way of truth is your own admission that, having decided that Israel and Jews are 'oppressors' - whatever is done to them by whomever isall A-OK and justified in your view.

If that does NOT represent your views - then no doubt you would have been able to muster some revulsion for the premeditated attack in Itamar, which included the *beheading* of a three-month old baby.  WithOUT trying to suppose that these 18 & 19 year old 'suspects' must be 'innocent'by reason of being members of the group you've decided are 'oppressed'....

Just because some piece of lies is 'a UN Document' doesn't make it true.   And the UNHRC is hardly a 'nonbiased' body.  Why you refuse to consider that possibility I can't imagine - nor do I want to.

LeahOne,

I think Occupiers always oppress the people they occupy, it is inherent in an occupation.

I never said whatever is done to Israel by whomever is OK, you are putting words in my mouth. I never claimed I supported the killing of Israeli settlers and their families, either. I do not support anyone's violence, I abhor all of it, what I do fully and unequivocally and enthusiastically support is Palestinian nonviolent resistance to the Israeli Occupation. They all walk in Jesus's steps in these actions, whether they even acknowledge knowing His name. All the time I read about people there speaking about these amazing things happening, all in the midst of the Occupation.

Below is a link to a newsletter I just was emailed this morning illustrating what I just said above, the writer was born in Beit Sahour, his ancestors were the shepherds who stood in the fields outside the manger Jesus was born in.

popular-resistance.blogspot.com/2011/04/...

Sherri

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 12:37PM #23
LeahOne

I'm sorry, Sherri - did you think I wanted to hear more of your hate speech against my relatives?

Thanks ever so much for your very kind and timely Passover wishes to me.  Very much appreciated, as is the spirit in which you've posted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 12:44PM #24
LeahOne

"..... his ancestors were the shepherds who stood in the fields outside the manger Jesus was born in."

No doubt you want people to see this as a statement of fact and truth.  I suppose in your much-romanticized version of history it's unquestionable.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 12:46PM #25
LeahOne

Thank you for explaining, Sherri, that you see your position as the ONLY one embodying any 'moral high ground'. 

That indeed is nothing that I or anyone else can possibly argue with.   QED.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 1:49PM #26
SherriMunnerlyn
LeahOne, None of my comments were intended to be a hate speech against your relatives. What I oppose are Israeli government policies and activities a part of the Occupation that oppress. I was just reading an article about Passover, and an atheist Jew was explaining why his family observes Passover, in part to show his children their responsibility to make the world a better place. Do Occupations make the world a better place? As far as the timing of my comments, is there really a time for us to ignore and excuse injustices?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 1:52PM #27
LeahOne

Sherri, I'm sorry that you feel that way.  

Perhaps you'd like to explain to me where in my words you invented the idea that I think there are times to 'ignore and excuse injustices' or whatever it was you've just accused me of saying!  I think your egregious comparison of a misaimed missile during a war, with the deliberate plotted decapitation of a 3 month old baby in her crib, IS an injustice.  An injustice to that baby, and NO I'm not going to ignore or excuse it by making false comparisons.

I DO NOT accept your definitions.  I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.....

Of course you are ever so much more moral than I am, according to you.  Which is how I guess you think it's OK to whine that I've put words in your mouth - right before you do that to me!

Thanks for that laugh - after reading so much smarmy self-rightous slop  I needed a good chuckle!  : ))

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 2:03PM #28
Stardove

Isn't Christianity suppose to be about forgiveness?  Turn the other cheek....

Sirens sounded throughout southern Israel on Thursday, warning residents  to take cover as at least 10 rockets, missiles and mortars were fired  from the Gaza Strip and Israel launched an airstrike to destroy a rocket  launcher.

How should Israel respond when missiles are being fired into the country?

The Israeli response was relatively muted, showing that at least for  the moment, military officials were still weighing how to halt the  projectiles from Gaza that left schools closed in several Israeli cities  for a second day and sent residents scrambling for shelters.

Four  mortars, four Kassam rockets and two longer-range Grad military-grade  rockets were fired into Israeli towns, a police spokesman said. No one  was injured. One longer-range Grad missile landed just north of the  coastal city of Ashdod, which is less than 20 miles from Tel Aviv, in  the deepest strike inside Israeli territory so far.

Continued at link.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 2:10PM #29
LeahOne

But, Stardove - those missiles very seldom actually KILL anyone!  (and when they do it's jsut one of those evil oppressor Zionists!)

Does it matter how many missiles over an internationally recognized border (= ACT OF WAR) HAMAS fires?  

If it *DID*, then Israel would be entitled to fire the same number and 'payload' of missiles RANDOMLY into Gaza - right?  That'd be a 'proportionate response', wouldn't it?

Of course the real desire of some "pacifists" around here is that Israel do NOTHING no matter how many bombs tear apart no matter how many of her citizens/residents/guests.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 9:11PM #30
SherriMunnerlyn

Apr 19, 2011 -- 12:44PM, LeahOne wrote:

"..... his ancestors were the shepherds who stood in the fields outside the manger Jesus was born in."

No doubt you want people to see this as a statement of fact and truth.  I suppose in your much-romanticized version of history it's unquestionable.

LeahOne,

Look up Beit Sahour on Wikipedia, the name of the village means House Of The Night Watch, and is reputed to be near where the angels proclaimed Jesus birth to shepherds. 80% of the population are Christians. And, last, Palestinian American Mazin Qumsiyeh, who was born there, states the ancestors of the Christians there trace their background to those shepherds. Why would they lie about their ancestors?

Sherri

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 21  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook