Post Reply
Page 8 of 21  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Palestinians’ mistake in seeking statehood from the U.N.
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 6:05PM #71
LeahOne
Posts: 16,344

Apr 21, 2011 -- 4:12PM, SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

LeahOne, If someone wronged me and I could go out and kill their children and then assert as a legal defense they are responsible for the deaths of their own children, what kind of justice system would we have? The IDF killed those children in Gaza during Cast Lead, over 300 lives lost, and noone but the IDF bears responsibility for those kilings that were illegal under intl law. Sherri





Please show us all the documentation for your amazing assertion that accidental civilian casualties during a war in a war zone are 'illegal'. 


We are not discussing the US legal system, are we?  Your OPINION is that accidental death in a combat zone should have exactly the same penalty as premeditated first degree murder with extreme cruelty.


I'm sure that isn't the way it works in any legal system.  You really need to show us all SOMETHING which backs up your opinion - or admit that you're basically lying to us. 


See, Sherri - it doesn't matter how passionately you or anyone believes in their opinions, they don't magically become fact because we believe.   And the law nor any other system in a society can NOT be based on people's feelings alone or primarily.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 7:28PM #72
arielg
Posts: 9,116
Apr 21, 2011 --  5:36PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

... LEGITIMATE TARGETS OF WAR ...


 


"Legitimate targets of war" is an oximoron, since war itself is  the  absence of legitimacy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 7:30PM #73
Mlyons619
Posts: 16,571

Yup.  That's why the International Laws of War exist.


Don't confuse "right" with "legal"...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 7:37PM #74
KindredSai
Posts: 5,625

Apr 21, 2011 -- 7:30PM, Mlyons619 wrote:


Yup.  That's why the International Laws of War exist.


Don't confuse "right" with "legal"...




And Operation Cast Lead is not defined as a war, so your argument means squat in relation to Gaza.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 7:41PM #75
Mlyons619
Posts: 16,571

Yes, CAST LEAD was "war" - brought on by an ACT OF WAR by the HAMAS of Gaza, e.g., indiscriminately firing rockets into Israeli communities - and was conducted IAW the Laws of War.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 7:44PM #76
arielg
Posts: 9,116

If one is going to kill, one should take  responsibility for it, instead of rationalizing  it  to justify  and pretend one doesn't have anything to do with it.


Or hide behind "International Rules of War", which is nonsense  used by the winners to finnish off the losers and appease one's conscience.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 7:46PM #77
Mlyons619
Posts: 16,571

Yup, I like it that you are FINALLY acknowledging HAMAS as the murdering bastard they are...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 7:50PM #78
Welle
Posts: 782

Apr 21, 2011 -- 7:46PM, Mlyons619 wrote:


Yup, I like it that you are FINALLY acknowledging HAMAS as the murdering bastard they are...





Except that Hamas has nothing to do with what he just wrote, which was a post directly accosting yours and the substance of which you have failed to answer.


 


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 8:01PM #79
Mlyons619
Posts: 16,571

Actually, I HAVE answered it - several times in fact.


Certain folks, it appears, just don't like my answer, including, apparently, you...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 8:05PM #80
KindredSai
Posts: 5,625

Apr 21, 2011 -- 9:40AM, browbeaten wrote:


Apr 20, 2011 -- 7:25PM, KindredSai wrote:


Apr 20, 2011 -- 6:25PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


An interesting video of a lecture by Dr. Jacques P. Gauthier an actual International Lawyer and Law Professor concerning things like "borders", "occupation" etc....


Let me know what you think.


Let me know if there are anything with which you agree or disagree.


 


Sovereignty Over Jerusalem And Its Old City


vimeo.com/16094246





Dr Jacques P. Gauthier is not an expert on international law per se. He is a Canadian lawyer who believes the Jewish historical presence in Palestine transcends international law.


His opinion is a minority opinion. It's like asking the Phelps family to tell us about Christianity.


The vast majority of international lawyers contend that Israel is breaking international law.




Dude, the "vast majority"???  Not only is this statement fallacious, but you cannot even begin to back it up.  Do you not tire of just spouting lies to push an agenda that, obviously, you can't support?


.





Apr 21, 2011 -- 10:46AM, browbeaten wrote:


Apr 21, 2011 -- 9:49AM, arielg wrote:


All this  legaleze nonsense is a way to distract attention from the  very simple fact of brutal occupation.




As I said, just another lie disguised as fact.  How many of you out there can't seem to deal with facts?  There is NO OCCUPATION.  There is however CONTAINMENT.  Basically means that Israel has to prevent arms from getting into, for example, Gaza, and prevent attackers from getting into Israel.  What goes on inside Gaza is the business of the Palestinians.


You really need to understand the definition of the terms you use.


.





1) Hmm, let me see...99% of the nations of the UN including the US and EU contend with their international lawyers that Israel is going against international law. This is not fallacious or unsupported.


2)You say there is no occupation but in 2009 Bibi stated:


But we must also tell the truth in its entirety: within this homeland lives a large Palestinian community. We do not want to occupy them, we do not want to govern their lives, we do not want to impose either our flag or our culture on them.


Even Israeli leaders admit there is an occupation, and the Gaza blockade is also part of that occupation.


You seem to accuse everyone of somehow not stating facts, but the facts are not on your side Brow.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 21  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook