Page 6 of 23  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Obama's War in Libya
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 7:26PM #51
Druac

Don't have time to read the whole thread to see if anyone brought this up...so just in case...

I'm pretty sure this was a U.N. action...not an Obama or U.S. action. So I'm really not sure what you are talking about...we just happen to be a member of the U.N. and must abide by all the legal stuff that goes along with it...the stuff some don't seem to understand or bother to factor into their anti-Obamite horse shit…you know facts and reality.

Mar 27, 2011 -- 3:19PM, Ur2 wrote:

Has no one noticed? Our Nobel Peace Prize winning Prez has us involved in a civil war in Lybia. Lybia has neither threatened us nor invaded us, yet we are spending hundreds of millions a day rocketing & bombing Lybian National Forces and killing multitudes of civilians as well.

Now we have Three Wars to die for and spend money on that we don't have.

Furthermore, many are saying that it's un-Constitutional.

Thanx,

Ur2 

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 7:33PM #52
writingal1

Welle--you're welcome.

I sometimes don't have time to see a speech live so I read the transcript. It gives me a chance to think about what's actually been said.

Those websites should have the president's speech on their homepage with access to a transcript within a few hours of the speech.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 7:33PM #53
Welle

Quoting my post to vra a few minutes ago:

Mar 28, 2011 -- 6:53PM, Welle wrote:

...back in 2007, disclosing the plan which had been told to him ...the plan to take seven countries out in five years.  Both Libya and Syria were on that list of the seven. 

So again, I predict some bullsh^t with Syria next.

As though to confirm this, look what I just found from AIPAC's favorite chickenhawk:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiTf0XKSA50

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 7:35PM #54
Welle

Mar 28, 2011 -- 7:33PM, writingal1 wrote:

Welle--you're welcome.

I sometimes don't have time to see a speech live so I read the transcript. It gives me a chance to think about what's actually been said.

Those websites should have the president's speech on their homepage with access to a transcript within a few hours of the speech.

Excellent ~ your thoughtfulness is appreciated.  : )

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 8:32PM #55
Ur2

Folks,

This discussion is not about what past Prez's did... it's about Obama's war in Lybia. Stop with the excuse-making.

He didn't go to Congress. He got no American approval for this war. The Arabs doubted his mission after the first day of bombs and rockets, Libya's oil isn't our oil, they haven't threatened us in any way, they haven't invaded us, he waited for a week and a half for France to go first... Why is he bombing Lybia?

We don't know who the "Opposition/Rebels" are. We know eveyone from 50 miles inland to the southern border are tribal fiefdoms. We suspect al qaeda is involved. Who are we supporting? Who are these people? What are their objectives and more importantly... What are ours?

The latest figures show we're going to spend multi-billions and we'll be there for months just for starters. No "Boots" yet but the Marines are on their way.

Who are you people pooting? This war is illegal and Obama should be headed for impeachment hearings just for spending money we don't have on a war where we have no mission, no objectives, no end point and nothing to gain. If K is defeated... big deal. Who will benefit?

Obama is an idiot.

Thanx,

Ur2  

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 8:56PM #56
writingal1

" it's about Obama's war in Lybia. Stop with the excuse-making."

1--it looks like you have not yet read any of the factual posts on this thread.

2--it looks like you have not yet read the posts with requests--where are the apropos quotations from that "Obamas war--TENTH amendment" site you linked that will NOT download?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 9:09PM #57
TENAC

obama essentially said Mission Accomplished tonight.

The only thing missing was a boat.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 9:53PM #58
costrel

I am one American who is damn tired of all of these American wars, military actions, conflicts, wars against terror, and whatever else one wants to classify these things as. And I don't care if this latest one in Libya is U.N.-sanctioned or not. The U.S. should not have become involved. The U.S. can and should help countries suffering natural disasters like Haiti and Japan, but enough with all the fighting and the warmongering.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 10:06PM #59
writingal1

"Obama essentially said Mission Accomplished tonight."

DAMNED IF HE DOES AND DAMNED IF HE DOESN'T.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2011 - 11:44AM #60
Girlchristian

Mar 28, 2011 -- 7:26PM, Druac wrote:

Don't have time to read the whole thread to see if anyone brought this up...so just in case...

I'm pretty sure this was a U.N. action...not an Obama or U.S. action. So I'm really not sure what you are talking about...we just happen to be a member of the U.N. and must abide by all the legal stuff that goes along with it...the stuff some don't seem to understand or bother to factor into their anti-Obamite horse shit…you know facts and reality.

Mar 27, 2011 -- 3:19PM, Ur2 wrote:

Has no one noticed? Our Nobel Peace Prize winning Prez has us involved in a civil war in Lybia. Lybia has neither threatened us nor invaded us, yet we are spending hundreds of millions a day rocketing & bombing Lybian National Forces and killing multitudes of civilians as well.

Now we have Three Wars to die for and spend money on that we don't have.

Furthermore, many are saying that it's un-Constitutional.

Thanx,

Ur2 

Yes, it's sanctioned by the UN and I support what we're doing, but technically it is Obama's war since he is the CIC.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 23  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook