Post Reply
Page 19 of 23  •  Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Obama's War in Libya
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 5:55PM #181
catboxer
Posts: 14,012

This thread and Obama's speech the other night both remind me of "Team America, World Police."


www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZdJRDpLHbw

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 6:09PM #182
Father_Oblivion
Posts: 11,894

Apr 2, 2011 -- 5:55PM, catboxer wrote:


This thread and Obama's speech the other night both remind me of "Team America, World Police."


www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZdJRDpLHbw





+10

The important thing to remember about American history is that it is fictional, a charcoal-sketched simplicity for the children or the easily bored. For the most part it is uninspected, unimagined, unthought, a representative of the thing and not the thing itself. It is a fine fiction...
Neil Gaiman
'American Gods'

‎"Ignorance of ignorance, then, is that self-satisfied state of unawareness in which man, knowing nothing outside the limited area of his physical senses, bumptiously declares there is nothing more to know! He who knows no life save the physical is merely ignorant; but he who declares physical life to be all-important and elevates it to the position of supreme reality--such a one is ignorant of his own ignorance."
- Manly Palmer Hall
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 6:40PM #183
teilhard
Posts: 51,397

If we know that some Creep is murdering Women and Children in a nearby Town, we call the Cops, who go to the Scene with Guns drawn and do their best to Stop The Killing ...


But if Col. GoofyDaffy is slaughtering Children and Women in Libya ... we just ... what ... ??? Allow it ... ??? Since WE'RE not "The World's Police Force" ... ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 7:01PM #184
Ur2
Posts: 4,087

Then what about Darfur? Why not Darfur? Why has Darfur been laid aside because of the failure to define genocide by the UN or anyone else that gives a damn?


Can you say European oil and being hoodwinked by the EU? Obama is their stooge because he has no background in this subject like so many others subjects. But it was Change We Can Believe In that got him elected. You see where that has gotten us?


Thanx,


Ur2

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 7:03PM #185
teilhard
Posts: 51,397

The Real World IS complicated, isn't it ... ???


Simple All-or-Nothing Solutions don't turn out very well ... So we make CHOICES ...


Apr 2, 2011 -- 7:01PM, Ur2 wrote:


Then what about Darfur? Why not Darfur? Why has Darfur been laid aside because of the failure to define genocide by the UN or anyone else that gives a damn?


Can you say European oil and being hoodwinked by the EU? Obama is their stooge because he has no background in this subject like so many others subjects. But it was Change We Can Believe In that got him elected. You see where that has gotten us?


Thanx,


Ur2





Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 7:11PM #186
Ur2
Posts: 4,087

BS,


Obama is making CHOICES for oil because he has been bamboozled by the French and British. A full 85% of the "sweet crude" from Lybia goes to Europe. What other excuses can be made for Obama's clownish actions towards this "humanitarian effort" when hundreds of thousands have died at the hands of Muslims in Darfur?


Obama is an ass.


Thanx,


Ur2 

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 7:34PM #187
Father_Oblivion
Posts: 11,894

Apr 2, 2011 -- 7:11PM, Ur2 wrote:


BS,


Obama is making CHOICES for oil because he has been bamboozled by the French and British. A full 85% of the "sweet crude" from Lybia goes to Europe. What other excuses can be made for Obama's clownish actions towards this "humanitarian effort" when hundreds of thousands have died at the hands of Muslims in Darfur?


Obama is an ass.


Thanx,


Ur2 




+1

The important thing to remember about American history is that it is fictional, a charcoal-sketched simplicity for the children or the easily bored. For the most part it is uninspected, unimagined, unthought, a representative of the thing and not the thing itself. It is a fine fiction...
Neil Gaiman
'American Gods'

‎"Ignorance of ignorance, then, is that self-satisfied state of unawareness in which man, knowing nothing outside the limited area of his physical senses, bumptiously declares there is nothing more to know! He who knows no life save the physical is merely ignorant; but he who declares physical life to be all-important and elevates it to the position of supreme reality--such a one is ignorant of his own ignorance."
- Manly Palmer Hall
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 8:51PM #188
writingal1
Posts: 3,733

"Then please point out the differences"


 


First read the factual posts on this thread and then we can talk about the FACTS about the Libya situation and not the baseless and sourceless assertions and opinions....

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 9:17PM #189
teilhard
Posts: 51,397

Yes ... It IS True ...


The U. S. and other Western Nations DO have vital Commercial and other Interests in, say, Libya that we do NOT have in, say, Burkina Faso ...


These are NOT "ALL-or-NOTHING" Questions, are they ... ???


Apr 2, 2011 -- 7:11PM, Ur2 wrote:


BS,


Obama is making CHOICES for oil because he has been bamboozled by the French and British. A full 85% of the "sweet crude" from Lybia goes to Europe. What other excuses can be made for Obama's clownish actions towards this "humanitarian effort" when hundreds of thousands have died at the hands of Muslims in Darfur?


Obama is an ass.


Thanx,


Ur2 





Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 9:31PM #190
TENAC
Posts: 26,583

Apr 2, 2011 -- 8:51PM, writingal1 wrote:


"Then please point out the differences"


 


First read the factual posts on this thread and then we can talk about the FACTS about the Libya situation and not the baseless and sourceless assertions and opinions....





Thats a worthless post.


If you could identify a fact you would post it.


I stated my facts.  They are indisputable.


You have no facts.

Moderated by drawout on Apr 03, 2011 - 12:56AM
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 19 of 23  •  Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook