Page 69 of 395  •  Prev 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 395 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Julian Assange free association thread
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 4:18PM #681
teilhard

Ummmm ... Fine ...

Almost ALWAYS, "Mom" is going to take the Side of HER Son (in this Case apparently EVEN when he is charged with being a Sexual Predator -- in Sweden, however, NOT in Australia ... In any Case, I don't know what Sexual Abuse of Women even REMOTELY has to do wth "taking back our Democracy" ...) ...

So ... Whatever ...

Apr 16, 2012 -- 2:13PM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Julian's mum.

Yes, support is growing rapidly for Julian and I am very heartened by people of all ages and backgrounds that have contacted me and stated they are united in their defence of justice, democracy and Julian.

People understand that Bradley Manning and Julian are the first battle we must win in taking back our democracy and Australians have a long tradition of taking care of our own

America may be the big Goliath but David defeated Goliath and there are millions of Davids on the planet, so we need to load up our slingshots.

www.greenleft.org.au/node/50638

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 2:14AM #682
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I have met Terry Hicks, father of David Hicks. Whom the USA abused in its Cuban gulag! We don't need a repeat of that caper.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 2:51AM #683
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Interviews with politicians, revolutionaries and intellectuals.

Assange announced yesterday he had completed 12 episodes of The World Tomorrow, a series that includes interviews with Malaysian Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim, and Moncef Marzouki, the human rights activist who was elected interim president of Tunisia last December.

The WikiLeaks founder yesterday highlighted ''the eruption of revolutionary ferment in the Middle East and the emergence of new protest movements in the Euro-American world'' and said the aim of his TV series was ''to capture and present some of this revolutionary spirit to a global audience.''

In a recent interview with The Saturday Age, Mr Assange applauded Mr Marzouki as ''a rare politician'', who ''says it like it is'' and was ''unafraid to speak candidly of the compromises he has had to make in times of revolution and turmoil''.

Other interviewees understood to be included in what Assange described as an ''eclectic array'' include American conservative writer and policy advocate David Horowitz, a prominent exiled Iranian opposition leader, an Egyptian revolutionary also under house arrest, and, in what appears to be a journalistic coup, a prominent figure in a major political group listed as a terrorist organisation in the US, Britain and Australia.

www.smh.com.au/national/assange-set-to-r...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 8:31AM #684
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I have had difficulty watching RT video. Julian's World Tomorrow page there, just clags my computer! So I haven't seen his pre-show interview.

Also none of my cable TV channels showed the RT programme.

The best I have managed is this. And I am enjoying this discussion about his show.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 10:02AM #685
teilhard

Julian Assange will not be held at Gitmo, but at a Federal Prison ...

Apr 17, 2012 -- 2:14AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

I have met Terry Hicks, father of David Hicks. Whom the USA abused in its Cuban gulag! We don't need a repeat of that caper.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 10:04AM #686
teilhard

Again, I find his Choice Name for his Show to be both amusing and ironic (as per the late Herbert W. Armstrong and his goofy late Son, Garner Ted Armstrong) ...

Apr 17, 2012 -- 2:51AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Interviews with politicians, revolutionaries and intellectuals.

Assange announced yesterday he had completed 12 episodes of The World Tomorrow, a series that includes interviews with Malaysian Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim, and Moncef Marzouki, the human rights activist who was elected interim president of Tunisia last December.

The WikiLeaks founder yesterday highlighted ''the eruption of revolutionary ferment in the Middle East and the emergence of new protest movements in the Euro-American world'' and said the aim of his TV series was ''to capture and present some of this revolutionary spirit to a global audience.''

In a recent interview with The Saturday Age, Mr Assange applauded Mr Marzouki as ''a rare politician'', who ''says it like it is'' and was ''unafraid to speak candidly of the compromises he has had to make in times of revolution and turmoil''.

Other interviewees understood to be included in what Assange described as an ''eclectic array'' include American conservative writer and policy advocate David Horowitz, a prominent exiled Iranian opposition leader, an Egyptian revolutionary also under house arrest, and, in what appears to be a journalistic coup, a prominent figure in a major political group listed as a terrorist organisation in the US, Britain and Australia.

www.smh.com.au/national/assange-set-to-r...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 11:12AM #687
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Empathy.

Julian Assange, creator and host of “The World Tomorrow” which premieres on RT, says the fact he had been in prison helped him build a different kind of rapport with his guests.

In an exclusive interview with RT’s Laura Smith from house arrest in London, Assange pointed out how his own experiences and approach helped his guests open up. “Most of the guests that I’ve interviewed have been in prison at some stage. I’ve been in prison. So, immediately there is a sort of rapport that is not present in a regular interview.” 

www.newsonnews.net/russiatoday/14141-jul...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 11:27AM #688
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Governments conspire against Assange.

The real source of the fury in Washington and Canberra is that the documents published by WikiLeaks have exposed the US-led war crimes in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as other crimes, conspiracies and machinations perpetrated by governments around the world. Millions of people have been able to see how assassinations, invasions, wars, coups, renditions and other acts of aggression and repression are organised by the imperialist powers, including Australia.

www.wsws.org/articles/2012/apr2012/assa-...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 11:40AM #689
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 11:48AM #690
teilhard

Interesting ... Apparently Julian Assange is increasingly -- appropriately -- are that he IS going to do some Prison Time of his own ... He won't have Computer-interNet Access either ...

Apr 17, 2012 -- 11:12AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Empathy.

Julian Assange, creator and host of “The World Tomorrow” which premieres on RT, says the fact he had been in prison helped him build a different kind of rapport with his guests.

In an exclusive interview with RT’s Laura Smith from house arrest in London, Assange pointed out how his own experiences and approach helped his guests open up. “Most of the guests that I’ve interviewed have been in prison at some stage. I’ve been in prison. So, immediately there is a sort of rapport that is not present in a regular interview.” 

www.newsonnews.net/russiatoday/14141-jul...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 69 of 395  •  Prev 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 395 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook