Page 129 of 395  •  Prev 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 395 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Julian Assange free association thread
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 12:53AM #1281
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Dear Dostojevsky:

Could be just that my computer was on a slow.

As a routine precaution, you might take your computer to a service technician for a software overhaul.

Other prominent asylum seekers who sheltered in embassies.

CHEN GUANGCHENG: 2012

Blind dissident Chen Guangcheng escaped house arrest in his Shandong village and sought refuge at the U.S. embassy in Beijing. He left after six days, and subsequently was allowed to go to New York with his wife and two children.

MANUEL NORIEGA: 1989

Manuel Noriega, military governor of Panama, sought refuge at the Apostolic Nunciature — the Vatican's embassy — after being overthrown by a U.S. invasion. Noriega surrendered 10 days later after being assured he would not face the death penalty in the United States.

FANG LIZHI: 1989

Fang Lizhi, a Chinese astrophysicist and pro-democracy activist, and his wife Li Shuxian entered the U.S. Embassy in Beijing after Chinese authorities cracked down on pro-democracy protests. They lived in the embassy for 13 months before being allowed to go to the United States.

EDWARD LEE HOWARD: 1986

Edward Lee Howard, a former CIA agent, fled to Helsinki where he went to the Soviet Embassy and was granted asylum. Howard had been identified as a KGB agent by Soviet defector Vitaly Yurchenko, who later defected back to the Soviet Union as was awarded a medal.

CUBANS IN HAVANA: 1980

Six Cubans crashed a bus through the Peruvian Embassy gates in Havana on April 1, 1980. After Peru refused to turn the asylum-seekers over to the Cuban government, Fidel Castro ordered all security guards removed from the embassy. More than 10,000 

Cubans then jammed the Peruvian embassy grounds demanding asylum. Castro then opened the port of Mariel and 125,000 Cubans left the country in a chaotic exodus by boats.

SVETLANA STALIN: 1966

Svetlana Stalin, daughter of Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin, went to the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi while she was in India returning the ashes of her husband. She returned to the Soviet Union in 1984, saying she wanted to reunite with her family. Her Soviet citizenship was restored but she left a year later to go back to the U.S. following a family feud.

CARDINAL JOZSEF MINDSZENTY: 1956

During Hungary's Communist regime, Roman Catholic Cardinal Jozsef Mindszenty lived in the U.S. Embassy in Budapest from 1956 until 1971, when he was allowed to leave for Vienna.

www.ctpost.com/news/article/Prominent-ca...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 12:56AM #1282
Karma_yeshe_dorje

teilhard:

I don't trust -- and so DON'T "go to" -- ANY of the Links provided by Assange Acolytes

The papacy sure trained you hard in ignorance.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 1:03AM #1283
Karma_yeshe_dorje

teilhard:

Are you suggesting that it would be a GOOD Thing ("free flow of Information") if al Qaida and The Taliban had "Nukes" ... ?

When Pakistan first detonated a nuclear bomb, I discussed this news with a Pakistani research student. He opined that the development would made relations between his country and India, more respectful!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 1:05AM #1284
teilhard

LOL ...

No ... "Life" Experience has well-trained me in rational personal CAUTION ...

Jun 23, 2012 -- 12:56AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

teilhard:

I don't trust -- and so DON'T "go to" -- ANY of the Links provided by Assange Acolytes

The papacy sure trained you hard in ignorance.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 1:08AM #1285
teilhard

You EQUATE "al Qaida" and "The Taliban" with a legitimate Nation State such as "Pakistan" or "India" ... ??? Interesting (and revealing) ...

Should "WikiLeaks" be regarded as a "State" ... ??? Would it be okay with you if "WikiLeaks" had Possession of a few "Nukes" ... ???

Jun 23, 2012 -- 1:03AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

teilhard:

Are you suggesting that it would be a GOOD Thing ("free flow of Information") if al Qaida and The Taliban had "Nukes" ... ?

When Pakistan first detonated a nuclear bomb, I discussed this news with a Pakistani research student. He opined that the development would made relations between his country and India, more respectful!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 1:11AM #1286
Dostojevsky

'

Julian Assange knowingly intentionally purposefully received and published STOLEN Secret U. S. Government Documents ...

As I understand the Facts of the Case -- thus far -- he also reportedly advised and coached Pvt. Brad Manning in HIS Cyber-Thefts ...'

Teilhard you are making it up as you go.

Those secret documents were not secret to two and a half million people.

How unfortunate for Assange that he is not Chinese and opened up China gov. secrets. He'd be lauded as a hero in the land of the free. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 1:16AM #1287
teilhard

So YOU would feel perfectly comfortable if the  WHOLE  WORLD  had Access to ALL of YOUR personal private Information ... ???  (Obviously, I don't believe you ...)

Jun 23, 2012 -- 1:11AM, Dostojevsky wrote:

'

Julian Assange knowingly intentionally purposefully received and published STOLEN Secret U. S. Government Documents ...

As I understand the Facts of the Case -- thus far -- he also reportedly advised and coached Pvt. Brad Manning in HIS Cyber-Thefts ...'

Teilhard you are making it up as you go.

Those secret documents were not secret to two and a half million people.

How unfortunate for Assange that he is not Chinese and opened up China gov. secrets. He'd be lauded as a hero in the land of the free. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 2:40AM #1288
Karma_yeshe_dorje

teilhard:

You EQUATE "al Qaida" and "The Taliban" with a legitimate Nation State such as "Pakistan"

Pakistan Army assets, trained by the Pakistan spy agency, and funded by the United States spy agency!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 2:46AM #1289
Karma_yeshe_dorje

President Correa.

If somebody in Ecuador had happen to him 1% of what they did to Assange, we would be called repressive dictators!

www.eluniverso.com/2012/06/22/1/1355/raf...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 2:54AM #1290
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 129 of 395  •  Prev 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 395 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook