Page 118 of 395  •  Prev 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 ... 395 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Julian Assange free association thread
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 1:19AM #1171
teilhard

Some Facts about Julian Assange, in English ...

He's in a LOT of Trouble ...

In Sweden and in The USA ...

Jun 19, 2012 -- 12:56AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Christine's facts about her son Julian, are now published in Italian.

WikiLeaks e Julian Assange hanno avuto riconoscimenti prestigiosi per giornalismo investigativo di qualità, tra cui:
- Julian ha ricevuto all'unanimità il Sam Adams Award nel 2010, per Integrity in Intelligence (Iraq War Logs) da una commissione di soldati e ufficiali dell'esercito statunitense;
- Julian ha ricevuto l'Amnesty UK Media Award nel 2009 per il rapporto "Cry of Blood" su uccisioni extragiudiziali e sparizioni in Kenya;
- Julian ha vinto il Freedom of Expression Award del The Economist nel 2008;
- Julian ha vinto la Sydney Peace Foundation's Gold Medal nel 2011 "Per l'eccezionale coraggio e iniziativa nel perseguimento dei diritti umani". La Sydney Peace Foundation ha conferito soltanto 4 Gold Medals in 16 anni, Nelson Mandela e il Dalai Lama sono due degli altri tre destinatari.
- Julian ha vinto il Martha Gellhorn Prize For Journalism nel 2011: "È coraggioso, determinato e indipendente e un vero rappresentate della gente, non del potere... L'obiettivo di WikiLeaks, giustizia attraverso trasparenza, è una delle più antiche ed eccellenti tradizioni del giornalismo."
- Julian ha vinto il Walkley Award for Most Outstanding Contribution to Journalism nel 2011.

www.hulot.it/julian_assange_fatti.htm

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 6:25AM #1172
Dostojevsky

Jun 18, 2012 -- 11:21AM, Ironhold wrote:

Jun 18, 2012 -- 10:12AM, Dostojevsky wrote:

I used to get newspaper delivered but stopped it, really not worth the effort.

As someone who delivers newspapers for a living?

I literally put my life on the line to make sure that the news goes out.

Three inches of powder on the road?

Blinding rain storm?

Livestock in the road?

Illegally-parked construction equipment?

Reckless lorry drivers?

Half the time I go to work, I don't know if I'll be coming back in one piece.

The least you can do is read the frikkin' paper.

You poor man!* I symphatise with you.

Mine got stolen continously even though it is so cheap to buy people found it easier to take it off my front yard. I must admit I enjoyed the luxury...sit with cup of coffee and the paper early in the morning.. .. Good luck and keep safe.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 8:23AM #1173
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Short film award.

We’re thrilled to announce that the winner of ING DIRECT Flick Pick Award is the Australian short filmJulian, produced, written and directed by Matthew Moore and co- produced by Robert Jago. Julian had its world premiere at Flickerfest in January 2012, winning our Special Jury Prize, before going on to win the Crystal Bear at the Berlin International Film Festival. The winning filmmakers will take home a $1000 Visa Gift Card courtesy of our generous presenting partners and Award sponsors ING DIRECT. 

Set a 1981 classroom, Julian explores a day in the life of a 9-year-old Julian Assange, whose need to speak the truth and strong urge to do what he thinks is right begins to unravel his world. 

The film was written and directed by Matthew Moore. Matthew has been a professional actor for more than a decade, but Julian is his debut as a writer, director and producer. His screen acting credits include the feature films Burning Man and The Dish, and for television RakeHome and AwayChandon PicturesAll Saints and Me and My Monsters.

On winning the ING Direct Flick Pick Audience Award, Matthew says "38 venues over 5 months has to be the biggest Audience Choice Award in the country! Thank you so much to Flickerfest, ING DIRECT and all of the audiences across Australia who came out to celebrate short filmmaking and voted for Julian. I'm thrilled to have won this award."

www.flickerfest.com.au/

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 8:33AM #1174
Karma_yeshe_dorje

More plot summary.

Throughout the day Julian is forced to deal with a bully, an impatient teacher turning a blind eye and a Principal with a secret. As Julian faces these challenges we begin to see the qualities that will inform the man he is to become.

www.imdb.com/title/tt2041386/plotsummary

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 8:43AM #1175
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Aussie short film best in Berlin!

Julian, written and directed by Matthew Moore was awarded the prestigious Crystal Bear Award for best short film in Generation Kplus at the festival.

The 13 minute film, about the day in a life of a nine-year-old was produced by Matthew Moore and Robert Jago, with executive producers Ian Darling, Mark Kilmurry, Phillip Verity, Joel Moss, Tara O’Sullivan, Lisa Mann and Katrina Moore.

Of Julian, the Berlin jury said: ““A sophisticated film which accompanies a misunderstood boy on his way to popularity with wit and lightness of touch. The fantastic actor displays his phenomenal talent in portraying the smart protagonist – and surprises us in the process. Really great cinema!”

The film stars Ed Oxenbould as Julian as well as Griff the Invisible’s writer/director Leon Ford and The Hunter’s Morgana Davies.

mumbrella.com.au/australian-short-film-s...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 9:05AM #1176
teilhard

***LOL ... I agree that it would be best for Julian Assange that he grow up, take Responsibility for the Consequences of his Actions, stop treating Women as PlayThings, and get over himself ...

Jun 19, 2012 -- 8:33AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

More plot summary.

Throughout the day Julian is forced to deal with a bully, an impatient teacher turning a blind eye and a Principal with a secret. As Julian faces these challenges we begin to see the qualities that will inform ***the man he is to become.

www.imdb.com/title/tt2041386/plotsummary

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 9:35AM #1177
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Doom is nigh!

This AFP reporter consulted Gavin MacFadyen, director of the Centre for Investigative Journalism in London, about the impact an Assange conviction would have on free speech.

“The consequences of an Assange conviction would obviously have a chilling effect on an already frightened U.S. press establishment,” said MacFadyen. “It would mean that whistleblowers would feel they are at greater risk than ever before. This after all is occurring in an increasingly Orwellian climate, where huge sections of the population are already subject to mass surveillance, and millions more will be shortly, where the abrogation of civil liberties and the increase in police powers continues at an alarming pace.

“Once these new powers are in place . . . I would fully expect a decline in heroic publishing,” he said. “I would also expect to see fewer would-be whistleblowers, knowing that all their correspondence and messages are now visible to the very authorities they may be whistleblowing against.”

Pilger has a similar take:

“A conviction of Assange would be little different from a political conviction in the Soviet era,” he said. “It will be concocted and bear no relation to the law.”

Pilger added: “If this can happen to him, it can happen to any journalist. The warning will run through the veins of American journalism. Daniel Ellsberg [famous for leaking the Pentagon Papers in 1971] makes this point with authority. To many of us who have worked in the U.S. and now observe its descent into a state of perpetual war and criminalized protest, George Orwell’s truism comes to mind: You don’t have to live in a totalitarian state to experience totalitarianism.”

americanfreepress.net/?p=4621

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 9:58AM #1178
Karma_yeshe_dorje

WikiLeaks shines light on what the 1% think.

We should use this moment to recommit ourselves to the struggle to defend WikiLeaks and Julian Assange, and that other brave individual Bradley Manning.

The Australian government must break from its sorry past – its refusal to assist citizens that the US has a special interest in persecuting – like David Hicks and Mamdouh Habib. It must speak up for Julian Assange – and demand his release from custody.

Blowing the whistle on war crimes is not a crime.

Free Julian Assange! Defend Wikileaks!

www.greenleft.org.au/node/51189

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 10:07AM #1179
Karma_yeshe_dorje

What the 1%'s propaganda doesn't tell you.

What happens to Julian Assange has great ramifications for us all. It is not only in his best interests that he is allowed to live his own life freely. If he can't then none of us can, because we will have fully moved into an Orwellian world of Newspeak, Doublethink and Thoughtcrime.

www.greenleft.org.au/node/49962

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 11:24AM #1180
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Julian introduces Imran Khan in Episode 9 of his show. Julian's guest had achieved fame captaining Pakistan's cricket team. Then he launched the Movement For Justice party. For the last two years, US drone strikes and political corruption have inflamed anger. So he's now likely to be his country's next leader.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 118 of 395  •  Prev 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 ... 395 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook