Page 79 of 395  •  Prev 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 395 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Julian Assange free association thread
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 9:52AM #781
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Playing dumb.

Among the treasures served up by Attorney-General’s were:

• Emails relating to AGD secretary Roger Wilkins questions about Assange’s extradition, redacted to the point of meaninglessness, on the basis of “legal professional privilege”;
  • Detailed advice to Wilkins about Assange’s extradition, including the issue of his facing the death penalty, was entirely redacted (legal professional privilege)
  • A question time brief for Robert McClelland, in which both the talking points and the background material is almost entirely redacted because it “could cause damage to Australia’s international relations”
  • Emails between departmental staff about a request from McClelland’s office for “lines” for use in response to possible questions about Assange after a newspaper article.
  • Correspondence from people concerned about the issue and media articles
  • Some of the Greens’ own correspondence and notices of motion, one of which was bizarrely redacted despite being a public document.

www.crikey.com.au/2012/04/18/julian-assa...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 10:08AM #782
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Psychiatrist Ferrada de Noli.

I have met Julian Assange only once, but during a time frame enough for me to have a completely different assessment that the one you are referring to.  I would say that he is one of the most normal persons among of the most normal leaders or journalists or politicians I have met in my life. There is no sign of that paranoia thing that over and over again some journalists both in England and in Sweden are repeating. He is a liberationist and he will be in the memory, he will remain in the memory of the people on the side of a good cause; on the side of a human-rights cause, and on the side of getting the world better by rescuing democracy from the hands of the power-abusers.

ferrada-noli.blogspot.it/2012/05/timing-...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 10:36AM #783
teilhard

My Clinical Impression, based upon his public and private Behavior is that Julian Assange is markedly Narcisistic ...

May 6, 2012 -- 10:08AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Psychiatrist Ferrada de Noli.

I have met Julian Assange only once, but during a time frame enough for me to have a completely different assessment that the one you are referring to.  I would say that he is one of the most normal persons among of the most normal leaders or journalists or politicians I have met in my life. There is no sign of that paranoia thing that over and over again some journalists both in England and in Sweden are repeating. He is a liberationist and he will be in the memory, he will remain in the memory of the people on the side of a good cause; on the side of a human-rights cause, and on the side of getting the world better by rescuing democracy from the hands of the power-abusers.

ferrada-noli.blogspot.it/2012/05/timing-...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 11:10PM #784
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Pirate party surges again!

For the third consecutive regional election, The German Pirate Party has breached the five-percent mark needed to enter the state parliament, winning 8.2 percent of the vote in state of Schleswig-Holstein. From the article: 'The big winners on the night were the Pirates, an upstart party that has shaken up the staid world of German politics with a campaign based on more transparency in the political process and internet freedom.'

yro.slashdot.org/story/12/05/07/015212/p...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 11:28AM #785
Karma_yeshe_dorje

In his fourth episode of The World Tomorrow, Julian speaks with two Middle Eastern revolutionaries. One is from Egypt. The other is from Bahrain. All three had been jailed.

The Bahraini described his extrajudicial kidnapping, assault and torture! He even said that while he was with Julian--the police back home were demanding him. Nabeel Rajab explains that fighting for democracy requires paying a cost!

Whereas Alaa Abd El-Fattah in Egypt said that he was banned from travel. He is alleged to have beaten up the military! The contradictory prosecution stories, he said, gave him super-powers. Courts are used against activists, he explained. The targeted killings, he said, are against people who are important but not well-known. He described a smear campaign against him.

Nabeel Rajab opines that the Tunisian revolution was complete. In Egypt, he says, the revolution was half-baked. Whereas in Bahrain, the revolution has not achieved anything! He describes heavy personnel losses. Dictatorial families have ruled for two hundred years. They are wealthy and American-backed! They have armies--but not popular legitimacy.

Julian asks Alaa Abd El-Fattah about Egypt. The latter said that he had been surprised that the dictator had fallen so quickly! But the military was the core of the regime, he said. So the struggle is with the military. The revolution is against military rule.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 11:35AM #786
teilhard

"Egypt" is not and never has been a Liberal Democratic Country, for sure ....

May 8, 2012 -- 11:28AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

In his fourth episode of The World Tomorrow, Julian speaks with two Middle Eastern revolutionaries. One is from Egypt. The other is from Bahrain. All three had been jailed.

The Bahraini described his extrajudicial kidnapping, assault and torture! He even said that while he was with Julian--the police back home were demanding him. Nabeel Rajab explains that fighting for democracy requires paying a cost!

Whereas Alaa Abd El-Fattah in Egypt said that he was banned from travel. He is alleged to have beaten up the military! The contradictory prosecution stories, he said, gave him super-powers. Courts are used against activists, he explained. The targeted killings, he said, are against people who are important but not well-known. He described a smear campaign against him.

Nabeel Rajab opines that the Tunisian revolution was complete. In Egypt, he says, the revolution was half-baked. Whereas in Bahrain, the revolution has not achieved anything! He describes heavy personnel losses. Dictatorial families have ruled for two hundred years. They are wealthy and American-backed! They have armies--but not popular legitimacy.

Julian asks Alaa Abd El-Fattah about Egypt. The latter said that he had been surprised that the dictator had fallen so quickly! But the military was the core of the regime, he said. So the struggle is with the military. The revolution is against military rule.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 9:14AM #787
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Wikileaks' Kristinn Hrafnsson talks about the US war on truth.

I have unfortunately slow video processing. And I'm being entertained by a lot of satire while waiting for that bit to come up.

The sex allegations against Julian Assange, are explained as a distraction by an entertainment media, from the important revelations by Wikileaks!

The US President's inaugural claim to make government transparent--is contrasted with his regime's attacks against journalists. The current US administration has an unprecedented deluge of attacks on whistleblowers. While the White House would not comment on the suppression of evidence about torture!

Ah, at last: Wikileaks. People associated with it have been arrested, imprisoned and tortured. Frown

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 6:21PM #788
rangerken

A dozen posts were removed for being far off he thread topic.

Rangerken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 7:28PM #789
teilhard

*** I wonder if THAT will be his Defense when he goes to Court in Sweden ... ???

I, for one, find  NOTHING  ENTERTAINING  about Sexual Abuse of Women ...

May 9, 2012 -- 9:14AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Wikileaks' Kristinn Hrafnsson talks about the US war on truth.

I have unfortunately slow video processing. And I'm being entertained by a lot of satire while waiting for that bit to come up.

***The sex allegations against Julian Assange, are explained as a distraction by an entertainment media, from the important revelations by Wikileaks!

The US President's inaugural claim to make government transparent--is contrasted with his regime's attacks against journalists. The current US administration has an unprecedented deluge of attacks on whistleblowers. While the White House would not comment on the suppression of evidence about torture!

Ah, at last: Wikileaks. People associated with it have been arrested, imprisoned and tortured. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 7:14AM #790
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Protest!

With the verdict in Assange’s final appeal against extradition to Sweden expected any day we need to remind PM Gillard that she’s answerable to us, the Australian people, not the US government.

We have organised a protest at the Sydney Convention Centre when Prime Minister Gillard speaks in Sydney on Tuesday May 15 to demand she acts immediately to stop attempts to extradite him there.

Where: Sydney Convention Centre, Darling Harbour
When: 1 pm, Tuesday 15 May

Organised by the Support Wikileaks and Assange Coalition. Contact Linda on 0401 511 588 for more information.

stopwarcoalition.org/the-pm-must-act-for...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 79 of 395  •  Prev 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 395 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook