Page 67 of 395  •  Prev 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 395 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Julian Assange free association thread
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 5:33PM #661
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Whistleblower victimised.

The New York Times has the sad story of Jack B. Palmer, an employee of Infosys, the giant Indian outsourcing firm. 17 months ago, Mr. Palmer made a quiet internal complaint that Infosys was committing visa fraud by bringing 'in Indian workers on short-term visitor visas, known as B-1, instead of longer-term temporary visas, known as H-1B, which are more costly and time-consuming to obtain.' Since making his complaint, Mr. Palmer 'has been harassed by superiors and co-workers, sidelined with no work assignment, shut out of the company's computers, denied bonuses and hounded by death threats.

news.slashdot.org/story/12/04/13/1822224...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 5:55PM #662
teilhard

Indeed, these Days a SMART Employee uses her/his WORK Computer ONLY for WORK Purposes -- NOT Personal Matters ...

I AGREE, however, that I certainly DON'T want snoopy intrusive "Big Brother" Julian "WikiLeaks" Assange reading ANYTHING I have written on my Computers -- Personal OR Professional ...

Apr 13, 2012 -- 1:35PM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Big Brother again.

In a world where employers monitor the computer communications of their employees, law enforcement officers find it easy to demand that internet service providers give up information on the web-browsing habits of their subscribers.

yro.slashdot.org/story/12/04/12/203258/t...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 6:01PM #663
teilhard

Okay ...

So Australia has WEAKER Laws protecting Women from Sexual Predators than does Sweden ...

So ... ???  

The charged Offense wasn't PERPETRATED in Australia ... So what ... ??? He isn't being HELD in Australia ... (Maybe Julian Assange should have just stayed Home ... ???)

Apr 13, 2012 -- 5:17PM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Truth comes second to power.

Yet it is now undeniable that, at US behest, Julian Assange stands to lose his liberty, indefinitely, for telling the truth. And the very same Labor Party, with its CIA-assisted PM and its concern for truth re-education, lifts not a finger to help him.

It's quite clear that Assange is not guilty - not of rape, not of treason. As Malcolm Turnbull, responding to Gillard's "illegal" claim, told a Sydney University law school

audience last year, it is prima facie clear that Assange has broken no Australian law.

In words of one syllable, the Australian Federal Police agrees. There has been no breach of our law.

Christine Assange says when she began investigating this, it was like slipping through a wormhole into another, shadowy world where the rules do not apply. Australian lore sees her son as a cult-outlaw in the time-honoured tradition, a modern folk hero, wrongly maligned for helping us to see into that wormhole.

Assange has been under house arrest for 15 months. His family are in hiding and governments all over the world vilify him. A US sealed indictment could deliver decades in prison, or worse, his lawyers claim. Yet he has not been charged. Not with rape. Not with terrorism. Not with hacking. Not even with condomless sex.

The man is an Australian citizen in fear of his life, victim of a massive miscarriage of justice. But our government does nothing.

Were it anyone else - even on a genuine charge, formally laid - Gillard, Roxon and Carr would be over there, holding hands, pressing buttons, making tea. But because it's Assange, and because he's been telling inconvenient truths about Big Brother, he is guilty until proved otherwise.

The sex charges are clearly ridiculous and the Swedish justice system so convoluted as to be, if you'll excuse the pun, impenetrable.

Yet the Sweden-US bilateral extradition agreement requires neither charge nor evidence. The minute he lands in Sweden, Assange can be locked up in solitary, incommunicado, and indefinitely without charge.

Or he can be shuffled straight onto the US extradition plane and, under sealed indictment, into the secret horror of a grand jury. There will be no judge, and no defence materials. Just a jury drawn from the most militarised area of the US - Alexandria, Virginia.

This is weird. Assange didn't do the evil stuff. He exposed it (names redacted).

But join the dots. Over the same period, Karl Rove has been advising the Swedish Prime Minister, Fredrik Reinfeldt, known as ''Sweden's Reagan''. Julia Gillard, flipped into power by CIA-friendly Mark Arbib, describes herself rhythmically as "a true mate" to the US, "an ally for the 60 years past … an ally for all the years to come". And in our Parliament a raft of sinister legislation has appeared.

Labor's special amendments to the Extradition Act allow the same, proofless ''streamlining'' of extradition from Australia. Its so-called "WikiLeaks Amendment" allows ASIO to spy, at the Attorney-General's discretion, on known supporters - despite the AFP's view that no law has been breached. And its controversial Cybercrime Security Bill allows routine collection and surveillance of private emails, texts and other personal data.

www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/truth-of...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 7:52AM #664
Karma_yeshe_dorje

What a great, inspiring trailer. Hey, go watch it!
assange.rt.com/assange_official_trailer/...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 8:00AM #665
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Unravelling: Promo Two is, however, not particularly informative.
assange.rt.com/unravelling_promo_two/&nb...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 8:06AM #666
Karma_yeshe_dorje

When to watch.

Julian Assange. The World Tomorrow. Arguably the most anticipated news show of 2012 premieres next week on RT.

Dateline  – Tuesday, April 17. Timeline – 15:30 Moscow time, 11:30 GMT, 07:30 am in New York and 21:30 in Sydney. The world will be watching "The World Tomorrow".

rt.com/news/assange-world-tomorrow-premi...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 9:41AM #667
teilhard

What an INTERESTING Choice of Terms ... !!!

For a LONG Time -- several DECADES -- here in North America there already WAS a Radio, and then TV, Show called, "The World Tomorrow" ... It was foisted by a wacko Religious Cult ("The Worldwide Church of God") and its Cult Leader, Herbert W. Armstrong ...

Hmmm ... A FINE association, actually, given the near-Religious Cultish Devotion bestowed upon The Savior of World Civilization , Julian Assange and HIS Cult, "WikiLeaks" ...

Apr 14, 2012 -- 8:06AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

When to watch.

Julian Assange. The World Tomorrow. Arguably the most anticipated news show of 2012 premieres next week on RT.

Dateline  – Tuesday, April 17. Timeline – 15:30 Moscow time, 11:30 GMT, 07:30 am in New York and 21:30 in Sydney. The world will be watching "The World Tomorrow".

rt.com/news/assange-world-tomorrow-premi...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 10:20AM #668
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Theme music.

The show’s theme music was written by Sri Lankan hip hop star M.I.A.

The performer, whose offstage name is Maya Arulpragasam, composed original music for “The World Tomorrow,” which is set to air beginning April 17. A spokesman for Wikileaks, Kristinn Hrafnsson, says M.I.A. met with Assange in London, where he has been under house arrest for more than a year.

The daughter of a leader from the Tamil separatist movement, M.I.A. has been an outspoken supporter of Assange and Wikileaks. In 2010, she released a free mixtape called “Vicki Leekx” in tribute, and she has often mentioned Assange and his cause on Twitter, where she has more than 365,000 followers. Earlier today, she retweeted a post by Wikileaks saying, “M.I.A. is the Julian Assange of pop music.”

www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2012/...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 11:12AM #669
teilhard

Ah ... So this Projet is associated with The Sri Lanka Separatist "Tamil Tigers" ... ??? They're a Terrorist Group, yes ... ??? 

Apr 14, 2012 -- 10:20AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Theme music.

The show’s theme music was written by Sri Lankan hip hop star M.I.A.

The performer, whose offstage name is Maya Arulpragasam, composed original music for “The World Tomorrow,” which is set to air beginning April 17. A spokesman for Wikileaks, Kristinn Hrafnsson, says M.I.A. met with Assange in London, where he has been under house arrest for more than a year.

The daughter of a leader from the Tamil separatist movement, M.I.A. has been an outspoken supporter of Assange and Wikileaks. In 2010, she released a free mixtape called “Vicki Leekx” in tribute, and she has often mentioned Assange and his cause on Twitter, where she has more than 365,000 followers. Earlier today, she retweeted a post by Wikileaks saying, “M.I.A. is the Julian Assange of pop music.”

www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2012/...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 6:10PM #670
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Blaming minorities, doesn't help!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 67 of 395  •  Prev 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 395 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook