Switch to Forum Live View Is There Hope? Freedom Bill.....
3 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2011 - 7:40PM #1
JoliverJOLLY
The Lib dems in Britian are pushing for a protection of freedom bill

www.politics.co.uk/speakers-corner/issue...

Independent UK
blogs.independent.co.uk/2011/02/11/how-t...

ITN News:-
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXDWXhu68jw

-----

Responses by Big brother watch and others
www.politics.co.uk/speakers-corner/issue...

Caroline Flint
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt_-1OKA1HY

It something, it's certainly something.....
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2011 - 3:15PM #2
Ebon

Some context is needed on this one. What's going on here is a massive (but very quiet) dispute within the LibDem party. The LibDems have traditionally been a centre-left party so when the party leadership climbed into bed with the hard-right Tories after the election (at which point, I stopped supporting the party), the party split. The split is not yet formal and may not become so (because teh divide may be healed before it comes to that) but right now, the party leadership and membership are effectively operating as two seperate parties. The leadership is trying to prop up Davd Cameron's violently unpopular government (whose policies amount less to governance and more to vandalism) while the party rank-and-file is trying to carry forward it's priorities as before (hence, this bill).

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2011 - 9:26PM #3
JoliverJOLLY

Feb 12, 2011 -- 3:15PM, Ebon wrote:

Some context is needed on this one. What's going on here is a massive (but very quiet) dispute within the LibDem party. The LibDems have traditionally been a centre-left party so when the party leadership climbed into bed with the hard-right Tories after the election (at which point, I stopped supporting the party), the party split. The split is not yet formal and may not become so (because teh divide may be healed before it comes to that) but right now, the party leadership and membership are effectively operating as two seperate parties. The leadership is trying to prop up Davd Cameron's violently unpopular government (whose policies amount less to governance and more to vandalism) while the party rank-and-file is trying to carry forward it's priorities as before (hence, this bill).

It's a lovly set up at the moment, the Lib dems apparently are responsible for telling everyone the bad news.

As for the bill what it is actually doing I would like to see, it appears like a watered down stop the silly things we can't be bothered with bill, as such a token insincere gesture. But that is the world today it's all about how things look.

It's always in the small print, they have a habbit of hiding things in the small print, so we'll see. Just as with this new Government internet behaviour bill, any money in the small print will be restrictions on averge people .

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2011 - 9:35PM #4
Ebon

Feb 12, 2011 -- 9:26PM, JoliverJOLLY wrote:

It's a lovly set up at the moment, the Lib dems apparently are responsible for telling everyone the bad news.

And keeping this murderous band of thugs in power.

As for the bill what it is actually doing I would like to see, it appears like a watered down stop the silly things we can't be bothered with bill, as such a token insincere gesture. But that is the world today it's all about how things look.

It's always in the small print, they have a habbit of hiding things in the small print, so we'll see. Just as with this new Government internet behaviour bill, any money in the small print will be restrictions on averge people .

Maybe. I can't find the actual text anywhere so I'm going to reserve judgement until I can.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2011 - 9:43PM #5
JoliverJOLLY

Feb 12, 2011 -- 9:35PM, Ebon wrote:

Feb 12, 2011 -- 9:26PM, JoliverJOLLY wrote:

And keeping this murderous band of thugs in power.

Maybe. I can't find the actual text anywhere so I'm going to reserve judgement until I can.

That werid neither can find it. The corporates are no doubt adding in all the naughty things in super small print before they release it. Maybe like the Patriot Act no one will read it before they vote.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2011 - 9:49PM #6
Ebon

Oh, they'll probably read the damn thing, they'll catch hell at their surgeries otherwise. The question is whether they'll be enough public awareness to get them to vote for it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2011 - 12:08AM #7
JoliverJOLLY

Feb 12, 2011 -- 9:49PM, Ebon wrote:

Oh, they'll probably read the damn thing, they'll catch hell at their surgeries otherwise. The question is whether they'll be enough public awareness to get them to vote for it.

How about public awareness of what is actually in the Bill first, so the public can actually know if they really want it. Seriously just becuase they are repealling certin things doesnt mean they might not increase certain others.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2011 - 3:07AM #8
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook