Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Sarkozy joins with Cameron on multiculturalism
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2011 - 10:05PM #41
MSaraTemp

Feb 12, 2011 -- 8:24PM, rabello wrote:

What neither Cameron nor Sarkozy have said, as far as I know, is how they are going to do away with discrimination in housing and employment, and dismantle their Muslim "ghettos."

Why is this thread on this board, anyway?  Shouldn't it be on the world news and politics board?    I don't see what either Cameron or Sarkozy has to say about Muslim communities/neighborhoods in Europe has to do with US News and Politics.

Because Rab, it sounds like some here are saying that "Multiculturalism" doesn't work [hasn't worked, isn't working] here in America [either.].

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2011 - 10:08PM #42
MSaraTemp

Jeez Ken, thanks a lot for the Cyber-sickness I just experienced!

Nothing like posting on one board only to travel thru cyberspace to another board.

=|

Well so much for trying to connect the OP to U.S. Politics. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2011 - 12:06AM #43
christzen

Apparently the world as we know it will end if BN does not keep everything properly pigeonholed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2011 - 3:06AM #44
writingal1

Somebody's got a REALLY itchy thumb.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2011 - 3:18AM #45
writingal1

Cz--you only have to know what Sarcozy did to the Roma to realize what a xenophobe he is--and how he does NOT speak for the French in that regard.

And you could read some of the French-language newspapers to see for yourself what is being said about Sarcozy--

Here are a few--

I like Le Figaro and Paris Match and L'Observateur and Le Point.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2011 - 4:17PM #46
rangerken

It would be much more useful to offer links to articles from French papers about this issue instead of just a list of papers from Wikipedia. Now doing that is OK, and since eveything is in English people can learn about the papers. BUT, none of that helps a discussion.

Now if you wish to post an article from a French source which is in French and you have trouble translating it, W'gal, I'll be happy to help, depuis je parle le francais avec la facilite...which is why I get my French news, from France, and in French! On line translations are also available.

So...if you wish to comment about French opinion running contrary to what Sarkozy is doing or what Merkel and Cameron are in favor of...and indeed, some opinion in France... a minority but a loud one...IS opposed, by all means provide us with a source or two or three to support your contention. You happen to be right, but I'm sure members would like to read and enjoy your substantiation.

I can also help out in German, but not nearly as well as the assigned host on this forum, Chariklea.

Rangerken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2011 - 6:16PM #47
writingal1

This is not just one article--this is about the ATTITUDES of the French towards the quoted "authority" Sarcozy.

The facts I--and others--have posted ar being rejected--for NO reason--so people will have to do what I and others do--read extensively.

This is just like being asked for TWO WEEKS of articles about the Egyptian situation.

Moderated by rangerken on Feb 13, 2011 - 06:45PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2011 - 6:59PM #48
rangerken

Feb 13, 2011 -- 6:16PM, writingal1 wrote:

This is not just one article--this is about the ATTITUDES of the French towards the quoted "authority" Sarcozy.

The facts I--and others--have posted ar being rejected--for NO reason--so people will have to do what I and others do--read extensively.

This is just like being asked for TWO WEEKS of articles about the Egyptian situation.

There definitely are some French who don't agree with Sarkozy, just as there are Germans and Brits who don't agree with their leaders. So mention them, give some examples, give a link to support your argument, and go from there. I can find these easily enough just like I have found articles that support my position. This is no more than good debate technique.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2011 - 5:57AM #49
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Multiculturalism works fine in Australia.

Migrant & Multicultural Settlement

Last weekend I was at the National Multicultural Festival.

Radio programme

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook