Switch to Forum Live View Overcoming China's Net Censors
4 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2011 - 2:21PM #1
rangerken
The article linked below is great news if it is accurate...which I sincerely hope it is.

government-slips-china-internet-censors-new-technology

Since as a libertarian I beluieve that censorship is one of the most obscene words in the English language, i'm automatically predisposed to cheer about this.

It's also good to see us able to crack a Chinese attempt at net censoship.

Ken
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2011 - 11:45PM #2
Hatman

Feb 5, 2011 -- 2:21PM, rangerken wrote:

The article linked below is great news if it is accurate...which I sincerely hope it is.

government-slips-china-internet-censors-new-technology

Since as a libertarian I beluieve that censorship is one of the most obscene words in the English language, i'm automatically predisposed to cheer about this.

It's also good to see us able to crack a Chinese attempt at net censoship.

Ken

RK-
If this is true---and i have no reason to doubt it is not---publicizing it will do nothing but inspire the whipmasters over the ChiComs internet software wonks to come up with a way to plug the gap...and fast!  "Ze vippink vill continue until morale improofs!"

Why can't people keep their mouths shut about a Good Thing?

With goodwill to all the People-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2011 - 12:02AM #3
rangerken
Hatman, excellent point. I didn't think of that and should have .

Ken
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2011 - 1:52AM #4
Ebon
It gets publicised because you can't stop The Signal anymore. Data will always leak out and the other side will adjust to take that into account and our side will adjust to overcome that. This kind of effort has been going on for years. Individual hackers and their crews have been attacking China's screen constantly for years. What makes this different is that the US government has a lot more firepower to throw at it.
He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2011 - 7:58PM #5
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement