Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
3 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2011 - 10:16PM #41
Erey
Well I am sure they want to sell their chocolate to us or to anyone who might buy.  They don't have alot to sell or export so as much as it might cost us more to buy chocolate should that market go under it would hurt the folks from CI much more if they don't have chocolate to sell
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2011 - 10:15AM #42
Christianlib

Feb 9, 2011 -- 9:55PM, farragut wrote:

"But I still think most of the people who are joking have no idea why the people of the Cote D'Ivoire are in the dire straits they are right now."

But of course we do. The one word answer is tribalism.  

F,

Are you ignoring history?

Sure, tribalism CONTRIBUTES to the problems.  But, you really need to look to the roots, as have been repeatedly pointed out here.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2011 - 10:17AM #43
writingal1
Farragut says--
"But of course we do. The one word answer is tribalism. "

NOPE.

That's a common misconception of people--mostly Americans--who have not studied world history or the history of what happened on the contienent of Africa in the 1800s.

The answer is--

COLONIALISM.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2011 - 8:56AM #44
BDboy

Feb 10, 2011 -- 10:17AM, writingal1 wrote:

Farragut says--
"But of course we do. The one word answer is tribalism. "

NOPE.

That's a common misconception of people--mostly Americans--who have not studied world history or the history of what happened on the contienent of Africa in the 1800s.

The answer is--

COLONIALISM.

>>>>>>> I would add neo-colonialism. Where a dictator leaders are supported as long they offer proper "Service" and they are "Let go" when the "Master" state have no need for the boot licking slave leader. Saddam Hussain of Iraq is a good example. Most African leaders would fit into this "Mantra".

Most african countries are "Technically" free states, so we can not call them colonies any more. So I would not blame America or any single state for any less developped countries. It is a coalition of "Master state" and few willing "Slave leaders" who are willing to do the dirty job to please his [ Most of the case it is male] masters.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2011 - 1:54PM #45
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement