Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Scotland Yard uses sex as a tool against climate change movement
4 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2011 - 11:13AM #1
Babis

Found this in yesterday’s Guardian. “The price of undercover sex in the police: Sexual manipulation of climate activists appears to have been a deliberate police tactic, and demands a public inquiry”

It seems women are getting the short end of the stick as England’s police wield their batons in an unseemly manner. Some activists, including environmentalists, are so dangerous that Scotland Yard felt the need to screw with their lives, literally.

Many women say they feel betrayed and violated as they were led into fake relationships with officers. “[A] woman described the devastating effects of learning that a man she had two children with was the police officer Jim Boyling.”

Saturday’s Guardian article “Undercover police cleared ‘to have sex with activists’: Promiscuity ‘regularly used as a tactic’, says former officer, contradicting claims from Acpo” had this interesting bit:

“The one stipulation, according to the officer from the Special Demonstration Squad (SDS), a secret unit formed to prevent violent disorder on the streets of London, was that falling in love was considered highly unprofessional because it might compromise an investigation. He said undercover officers, particularly those infiltrating environmental and leftwing groups, viewed having sex with a large number of partners 'as part of the job'.”

And all along I thought the English were quite reserved.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2011 - 11:17AM #2
Erey

Jan 26, 2011 -- 11:13AM, Babis wrote:

Found this in yesterday’s Guardian. “The price of undercover sex in the police: Sexual manipulation of climate activists appears to have been a deliberate police tactic, and demands a public inquiry”

It seems women are getting the short end of the stick as England’s police wield their batons in an unseemly manner. Some activists, including environmentalists, are so dangerous that Scotland Yard felt the need to screw with their lives, literally.

Many women say they feel betrayed and violated as they were led into fake relationships with officers. “[A] woman described the devastating effects of learning that a man she had two children with was the police officer Jim Boyling.”

Saturday’s Guardian article “Undercover police cleared ‘to have sex with activists’: Promiscuity ‘regularly used as a tactic’, says former officer, contradicting claims from Acpo” had this interesting bit:

“The one stipulation, according to the officer from the Special Demonstration Squad (SDS), a secret unit formed to prevent violent disorder on the streets of London, was that falling in love was considered highly unprofessional because it might compromise an investigation. He said undercover officers, particularly those infiltrating environmental and leftwing groups, viewed having sex with a large number of partners 'as part of the job'.”

Seriously??  And one woman has such a relationship with the undercover cop that they share not one but two children! 

I consider that emotional terrorism

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2011 - 11:25AM #3
TemplarS

Hey, maybe recruitment is down and they're just trying out some perks as a way of attracting good people...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2011 - 11:29AM #4
Ironhold

Jan 26, 2011 -- 11:17AM, Erey wrote:

Seriously??  And one woman has such a relationship with the undercover cop that they share not one but two children! 

I consider that emotional terrorism

I'm wondering how it is that the light didn't come on sooner.

It reminds me of a story from back in 2007.

A hard-core liberal who proudly boasted of graduating Columbia University wrote an article about how mortified she was upon discovering that "US Naval Academy at Annapolis" = "US Navy."

You see, her son had decided to go there in order to study rocketry, preferrably via getting on board a Navy ship that did ballistic missiles. Thing is, the woman who wrote the article didn't put 2 and 2 together until two weeks after she dropped her son off... and then proceeded to whine about how she felt like she'd been lied to and how there was no way to get the Navy to let her son come back to her.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2011 - 12:11PM #5
shirleyj227

"It seems women are getting the short end of the stick ..."

ROFLOL

Shirley

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2011 - 12:14PM #6
mountain_man

This makes no sense. Rounding up environmental activists will not make climate change stop or go away. Right now the atmosphere is heating up at an unprecedented rate. Sending out cops as hookers will not change that fact.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2011 - 12:55PM #7
TemplarS

Jan 26, 2011 -- 12:14PM, mountain_man wrote:

This makes no sense. Rounding up environmental activists will not make climate change stop or go away. Right now the atmosphere is heating up at an unprecedented rate. Sending out cops as hookers will not change that fact.

Dave, you are right, of course-

Though from the article it is not possible to figure out what sorts of activities the police were concerned about.  There are a few non-peaceful environmental groups out there (ELF comes to mind) 

We'll probably here the real story of this from Ebon...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2011 - 1:46PM #8
Babis

I thought I was at the Onion by accident when I began reading it.

mountain_man & TemplarS,

"The former undercover policeman claims that sexual relationships with activists were sanctioned for both men and women officers infiltrating anarchist, leftwing and environmental groups."

I focused on the climate change group because they were the ones protesting Scotland Yard and the articles are about them specifically. I don't know if all the officers were from  the Special Demonstration Squad (SDS), "a secret unit formed to prevent violent disorder on the streets of London," but this may have been years ago. One of the officers was undercover from 1993 to 1997 and "two years later the SDS became the National Public Order Intelligence Unit, the secretive organisation that employed Kennedy [one of the officers] and whose activities are the subject of three investigations." NPOIU, Orwell would have been proud.

Officially, the police were not supposed to go bohemian:

Jon Murphy, Acpo's spokesman on serious and organised crime, said last week that undercover officers were not permitted "under any circumstances" to sleep with protesters.

He added: "It is grossly unprofessional. It is a diversion from what they are there to do."

One of the officers explains why he shagged his way undercover: no one said not to and lefties are whores.

"When you are on an undercover unit you were not given a set of instructions saying you could or couldn't do the following. They didn't say to you that you couldn't go out and drink because technically you're a police officer, that you shouldn't go out and get involved in violent confrontations, you shouldn't take recreational drugs.

"As regards being with women in very, very, very promiscuous groups such as the eco-wing, environmental movement, leftwing, or the Animal Liberation Front – it's an extremely promiscuous lifestyle and you cannot not be promiscuous in there.

The good news is, it sounds like the officer learned something about women along the way:

"The best way of stopping any liaison getting too heavy was to shag somebody else. It's amazing how women don't like you going to bed with someone else," said the officer, whose undercover deployment infiltrating anti-racist groups lasted from 1993 to 1997.

[all from same article]

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2011 - 1:50PM #9
Christianlib

Damn, I always get into a movement just a bit too late for the good stuff.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2011 - 2:07PM #10
JoliverJOLLY

Jan 26, 2011 -- 11:13AM, Babis wrote:

I could have told anyone that, you think the female officers don't do the same?

The children is a bit too harse thou, although I can garentee that you will probably find long term undercover operatives get married some times.

Jon Murphy, Acpo's spokesman on serious and organised crime, said last week that undercover officers were not permitted "under any circumstances" to sleep with protesters.

He added: "It is grossly unprofessional. It is a diversion from what they are there to do."

You mean he thinks they're not there to screw us?

How do/can criminals defend the rule of law?

Shall we acuse ACPO of actively lying. The security services as well as the secreat police always uses their secracy to cover up every mistake they make. Listen to the spokes people they will tell you "Our department has never made a mistake, ever, they were rouge agents, it wasnt proceedure" blar blar blar

I do ponder how the superiors of the police officer that had two children, not one, no, TWO children are going to claim they didn't know. Oh my God is his fake name listed on the birth certificate?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook