Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Jesus Lived In India - Harmonizing Religions
3 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2011 - 10:40PM #11
JoliverJOLLY

Jul 31, 2011 -- 1:44PM, BDboy wrote:

Jul 29, 2011 -- 7:52PM, JoliverJOLLY wrote:

I'll say this Jesus did not go to India during those 18 years, but did after his ressurection, the Hindus called him Krisna, instead of Christ.

Krisna saved the people from the rain God, Jesus Calmed the strorm

Kingdon of heaven, navana

Loss of Ego, 'anyone who comes to me not hating mother brother father and sister is not worthy of me' by hating Jesus meant to be detached from egolessness, that god comes first also.

The relevence of the sword both Christ and krisna carry or speak of the followers carrying.

Then ofcourse John 10.16 and ther are other sheep that are not of this fold, and these I have to lead aswell, they too will listen to my voice and there will be one flock and one sheepherd'

The Father for a Hindu, Brahma the creator.

>>>>>>>>> this is a theory popular among non-Christians of India. I do not think anyone with knowledge of history and scripture can support this assumption.

Some says Jesus established the 'St. Thomas" church in India. Once a Muslim comparative religion teacher was asked this question. He replied, first you have to explain why would "Jesus" establish the "St. Thomas" church? Either he would establish "God's house" or his own church. The questioner was not able to explain and this did not go anywhere.

Didn't st thomas start the saint thomas church?  There are lots of different groups running arround as churches of Jesus, most disagree about different things, from the mormons to the Jehovas witnesses to the protastants and catholics- all claim they are following Jesus, to some he is a prophet, others God, others a wise man, Your statement basically follows the line that Jesus started all of them, when actually different people with different ideas of their faith did. The ruling elites do not help in that as they always seek to manipulate faiths and cause then to not seek social justice.

You have to remember that people are free, even prophets, and different people recieve things in different ways, you send the same prophet to five different countries and they say the same thing in each, I tell you now you came back in a few years time you'll have more than five different religions probably all agruing about how they have the right one.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2011 - 10:48PM #12
JoliverJOLLY

Aug 16, 2011 -- 1:14PM, BDboy wrote:

>>>>>>>> Beside gospels, common sense also says Jesus did not visit India. As I stated earlier, there is a popular theoty among Indians that, Jesus lived in India [ IN the state of Kashmir]. But we do not see anything to support that assumption.

Jesus was a Jew and a practicing Jew. He even directed his people to go to Jews only. There was no reason for him to visit India.

John 10.16 and there are other sheep that are not of this fold, and these  I have to lead aswell, they too will listen to my voice and there will  be one flock and one sheepherd'

I say the other sheep are hindus. And see Krisna as the only contender, when you look at what Krisna does and says, some of the things Krisna said are almost identical to Jesus.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook