Page 1 of 73  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 73 Next
Switch to Forum Live View OUTLAW BULLETS NOW!!! GUNS WITHOUT AMMO CAN NOT HARM ANYONE!!!!!!
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 4:52PM #1
Peter_d_roman

this is a re-post of my j/e of the day the congresswomen was shot.

how many more columbines, assassinations, mindless gun violence must we as a nation endure to honor and keep HOLY a 18th century idea of " gun freedom"?

peace and goodwill to all the meek and all the would be meek.

www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/08/gabrie...

about 20 min ago an az dem congress women was shot in her head by a  member of  the rabid hate-filled right winging gun loving american 2ed  amendmenters.

WHY HAVE BULLETS THAT ARE NOT SPOKEN  OF IN THE 2nd AMENDMENT NOT BEEN NATIONAL OUTLAWED AND HIGHLY REGULATED YET?!!??

how many living being must become dead by a cowards trigger pull because this LAWFUL STEP has still not been taken?

if the 2nd amendment is allowed to continue then OUTLAW AND HIGHLY REGULATE BULLETS AND GUN AMMO!!!

allow ONLY those guns and arms  that were in existence at the time of  the second amendments radifaction to be full unregulated and CONTROL  ALL OTHER AS THE TOOLS OF COWARDLY DEATH MAKERS THAT THEY ARE-

and SHAME ALL THE GUN LOBBIES DEFENDERS WITH CHARGES OF CONSPIRACY BY STUPIDITY OF THE YOUNG CONGRESS WOMEN ASSASSINATION!!!!

" PaPa Yahweh please deliver us from these faithful servants of  lifeless words on paper that give there faith and love to those lifeless  words and watch the live become dead as its fruit!"

>o

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 4:55PM #2
mountain_man

Then you need to find a way to change the Constitution. As much as I, and other Liberals/Progressives/Leftists, do not like the number of guns out there, the Constitution does say that we get to have them.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 4:58PM #3
Ebon

Besdies, you can kill someone without ammo. Admittedly, you wouldn't be able to do it with a Glock.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 5:00PM #4
mountain_man

Jan 10, 2011 -- 4:58PM, Ebon wrote:

Besdies, you can kill someone without ammo. Admittedly, you wouldn't be able to do it with a Glock.

Sure you can. Hit them on the head with it.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 5:12PM #5
Ebon

Exactly. I have a replica Peacemaker upstairs and I'm pretty sure being walloped with four-or-five pounds of pig iron would bloody hurt.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 5:15PM #6
Ken

Jan 10, 2011 -- 4:55PM, mountain_man wrote:

Then you need to find a way to change the Constitution. As much as I, and other Liberals/Progressives/Leftists, do not like the number of guns out there, the Constitution does say that we get to have them.

But only in the context of a well-regulated militia.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 5:18PM #7
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Fear, rhetoric, and ignorance. 

All the OP is. 

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 5:40PM #8
mountain_man

Jan 10, 2011 -- 5:15PM, Ken wrote:

That is one interpretation. It's been awhile since I've read about that part of the Constitution. Could you help with a quote from a FF that specifically says that gun ownership is ONLY within the context of a "well regulated militia"?

The Second Ammendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free  State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be  infringed."

A Right Wing Activist laden Supreme Court ruled that the right to bear arms is not connected to a militia.

James Madison said; "A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the  people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free  country. "

That is not so cut and dry. The "militia" is composed of "the body of the people."

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 5:41PM #9
teilhard

Correction: The SCOTUS recently opined that " ... The Constitution says we get to have them ... "

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 5:49PM #10
Ken

Jan 10, 2011 -- 5:40PM, mountain_man wrote:

Jan 10, 2011 -- 5:15PM, Ken wrote:

That is one interpretation. It's been awhile since I've read about that part of the Constitution. Could you help with a quote from a FF that specifically says that gun ownership is ONLY within the context of a "well regulated militia"?

No, but I don't think we need concern ourselves with what the founding fathers said. We've learned a few things since their time, and we live in a very different world. Do we want to be governed by dead men?

The Second Amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free  State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be  infringed."

A Right Wing Activist laden Supreme Court ruled that the right to bear arms is not connected to a militia.

That was a rather odd ruling, seeing that over half the sentence is about a well-regulated militia. Having one is the entire reason for the right to bear arms.

James Madison said; "A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the  people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free  country. "

That is not so cut and dry. The "militia" is composed of "the body of the people."

As no state has a militia composed of the "body of the people," Madison's opinion would seem to be irrelevant.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 73  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 73 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook